Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My only problem with Bloodborne is the online component is totally broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I still can't get by the first area in Bloodborne. I was the same before I played DS3 and put 50 hours in so far. Thought I'd give Bloodborne a go last night and I'm still useless. Although I have to say I liked it a lot more this time as I got used to dying in DS3 so it's back firmly on the playlist :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »

How is it broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

petes wrote: »
    I still can't get by the first area in Bloodborne. I was the same before I played DS3 and put 50 hours in so far. Thought I'd give Bloodborne a go last night and I'm still useless. Although I have to say I liked it a lot more this time as I got used to dying in DS3 so it's back firmly on the playlist :)

The big wide street? Its easily one of the hardest portions of the game imo

The big wide street? Its easily one of the hardest portions of the game imo

I got by the first street with all the villagers etc. get up to a bridge/street where there are two dog type creatures, they killed me a few times. As far as I remember there is a way down to the left which I went before so I'll crack on again tonight!

/In fairness I only stuck an hour in last night but it was these same places the first time I played it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

In the area before you fight the deacons of the deep theres a platform that leads to tresure, theres a guy thats wearing that japanese type armour that fools you and lowers you down to the giants when you go it first. Is there a way to re raise it, theres 2 other platforms that I could raise but thats not the one I need, is there another switch somewhere?

In the area before you fight the deacons of the deep theres a platform that leads to tresure, theres a guy thats wearing that japanese type armour that fools you and lowers you down to the giants when you go it first. Is there a way to re raise it, theres 2 other platforms that I could raise but thats not the one I need, is there another switch somewhere?
    Remember before you enter the cathedral, you're fighting on the buttresses? Before the buttresses there's a guy firing either arrows or spells, I can't remember which from a tower, maybe 15 foot above you while you fight two enemies on a flat plane. In the area with the altar, head left and piss around there until you get to that tower, climb it and drop onto a buttress, explore some more and you'll end up on the rafters. Drop onto a little ledge and bam, you're across.

I think that's the gist of the area, hopefully you can find it from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Yeah, you need to go to the second shortcut to the bonfire and there is an elevator that takes you up to an earlier part of the level where a crossbow hollow shoots you with an ambush on the ground. Run out on to the window ledge and climb up the ladder. This takes you up towards the roof. You'll have to fight at least 2 Cathedral nights then drop down to a ledge. This is also where you will find the
    Rosaria's Fingers Covenant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamer wrote: »

How is it broken?

First there's too much risk in playing co-op. If you are far into a level, get called for co-op and die in that co-op session you are sent right back to the beginning in your own gaming meaning theres not a whole lot of people playing co-op because there's very little reward.

The biggest one though is once you engage in any multiplayer the frame rate turns the game into a slide show. It's near unplayable/barely tolerable in co-op, adding a huge amount of lag to the dodge which really requires a stable framerate to work. As for PvP it's non existent because the framerate totally ruins it so much so that it's totally unplayable and random due to framerate issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And here's Retr0 standing inside the cathedral of the deep and, yes, this one is him getting skewered on an Ultragreatsword.... bugger

• Advertisement

Yeah, you need to go to the second shortcut to the bonfire and there is an elevator that takes you up to an earlier part of the level where a crossbow hollow shoots you with an ambush on the ground. Run out on to the window ledge and climb up the ladder. This takes you up towards the roof. You'll have to fight at least 2 Cathedral nights then drop down to a ledge. This is also where you will find the
    Rosaria's Fingers Covenant

Just take care with what he has spoilered there OP if you are following the Sirus questline, best to see that through before interacting with them as it will lock that quest out on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Just take care with what he has spoilered there OP if you are following the Sirus questline, best to see that through before interacting with them as it will lock that quest out on you.
    You only lock out Sirris' quest by handing in covenant items. You can still join the covenant, do what's required to get the covenant items, and stay on good terms with Sirris.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If anyone has had issues with getting summons for Blue Sentinels, Darkmoon and Wolves of Farron covenants just like me, I tried a method I found online that works around the issue and you pretty much get regular summons with this.

This only works on PC, I don't know if these covenants have issues with covenant summoning on consoles.

What you need to do is create a new Steam account and allow family sharing on that Steam account. Log into the new Steam account and you should be able to boot up Dark Souls 3 on that account via family share, it will create a new save file and everything.

When in the game, create a new character, once in game go back to main menu and click "Load", when it prompts to select your new character, alt+tab out to your desktop and move the save file from your main Dark souls 3 folder into your new family share one. Go back into game and load the character, this will now carry over your character from your main Dark Souls file. Start playing with your character and enjoy being summoned for these covenants. Once you've done whatever farming for covenant items you wanted, just move the save file from your family share save back to your main Dark Souls folder.

For whatever reason, this allows proper summons, I went from getting no Summons as a Darkmoon AT ALL before, to being summoned 3 times in the space of 10 minutes. Over an hour period I got about 10-15 summons and got about 7 Concord Kepts. People mentioned it's actually bug in From's code that is somehow not allowing proper summons from your main account? Hopefully it gets properly fixed soon.

Well that worked well, I managed to get the Concord Kepts and now have my Master of Miracles Achievement. Started another character (Mage) to work towards getting the Master of Sorceries achievement and in a short space of time managed to gather another 10 Concord Kepts for the Darkmoon Ring.

Cravez wrote: »
    Well that worked well, I managed to get the Concord Kepts and now have my Master of Miracles Achievement. Started another character (Mage) to work towards getting the Master of Sorceries achievement and in a short space of time managed to gather another 10 Concord Kepts for the Darkmoon Ring.

Be careful with Orbeck when going for sorceries, he'll up and leave firelink under some conditions. I think it's if you pass an area with a scroll without returning it to him. Not 100% sure on that. I left him in the woods until I had all the scrolls for him then bought everything in one go.

Be careful with Orbeck when going for sorceries, he'll up and leave firelink under some conditions. I think it's if you pass an area with a scroll without returning it to him. Not 100% sure on that. I left him in the woods until I had all the scrolls for him then bought everything in one go.

Hmm didn't know that, I've never seen him leave Firelink Shrine myself in any playthroughs so far. I have the Sage and Golden Scroll so far so just plugging through until I kill that NPC in Profaned Capital for Logan's scroll and then Crystal Sage in Grand Archives after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well i got over the weekend and well i cant even get past the first ice monster :o

Well i got over the weekend and well i cant even get past the first ice monster :o

The one at the start off to the right? Killed me on my first go and left it. Went back later just to teach it a lesson :)

The one at the start off to the right? Killed me on my first go and left it. Went back later just to teach it a lesson :)

Thats the one :o

Thats the one :o

I hadn't played a souls game before 3 albeit a bit of Bloodborne (which I'm finally making a bit of progress in).

Died everywhere for a bit. Got used to the combat stuff and targeting and I'm still ****e :pac:

It's worth sticking with though.

• Advertisement

I find charging a strong attack at Vordt's butthole usually does the trick in taking a massive chunk of damage off him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Well i got over the weekend and well i cant even get past the first ice monster

Its totally optional!

sweetie wrote: »
    Its totally optional!

Vordt is a mandatory boss (I assume he means Vordt as the first Ice Monster).

you might be confusing with the Boreal monster at the bottom of the lift in Undead Settlement just before the Road Of Sacrifices bonfire?

Vordt is a mandatory boss (I assume he means Vordt as the first Ice Monster).

you might be confusing with the Boreal monster at the bottom of the lift in Undead Settlement just before the Road Of Sacrifices bonfire?

It's in the first area before Gundyr.

It's in the first area before Gundyr.

Aha! Yep I always forget about that dude :o

Aha! Yep I always forget about that dude :o

As I said it was my first souls game so I think the reason I remember it well is because it handed me my arse :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmm didn't know that, I've never seen him leave Firelink Shrine myself in any playthroughs so far. I have the Sage and Golden Scroll so far so just plugging through until I kill that NPC in Profaned Capital for Logan's scroll and then Crystal Sage in Grand Archives after that.

As long as you give him one scroll you're fine, if you kill 4 bosses (I think) after he goes to Firelink without giving him a scroll he disappears. I got forgetful in NG++ and forgot to go back to him, thankfully I got them all on one of the other playthroughs though. Hopefully he's not central to any of the DLC or anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I want to summon for the Nameless King but I can't see summon signs anywhere? Has anyone else had trouble with this?

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I want to summon for the Nameless King but I can't see summon signs anywhere? Has anyone else had trouble with this?

They're beside the bell lever or the bonfire, not right outside the gate.

He wasn't that active when I got that far either

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has been hard to get summoned there since launch pretty much.

Advertisement