Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

The giant blacksmith in AL is dead😭😭😭 noooooo! Who did this😡

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Taltos wrote: »
    All done. NG+ Got as far as the first boss, not seeing major changes so time to mix it up and play with Doom for a bit...

Cheers all for your advice.

Fair play :) Still haven't went back to the last boss. Got too caught up in Bloodborne!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just killed the Curse rotted Greatwood in NG+ without ever breaking through the floor, his eggs just kept taking damage without bursting. The floor then collapsed after he died. Weird.

How the **** do I beat Aldrich...2 days now, used summons last night but they were all chumps, i.e. people who thought it was their job to assist me in taking down Aldo as opposed to people who come in, let me hide behind the pillars and take him down single-handedly for me:p

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GK1001 wrote: »
    How the **** do I beat Aldrich...2 days now, used summons last night but they were all chumps, i.e. people who thought it was their job to assist me in taking down Aldo as opposed to people who come in, let me hide behind the pillars and take him down single-handedly for me:p

Get in close as possible, his most powerful attacks are ranged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What part of the fight are you struggling with? All his attacks can be easily dodged or hid from once you keep the head, I'll admit it's a hectic battle.

His arrow rain thing is by far the most dangerous attack, sprinting perpendicular to it worked well enough for me to survive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭adocholiday

GK1001 wrote: »

What class are you? If you have the miracle Vow of Silence you can cheese him no problem. Prevents him casting any spells.

Yeah it's the second part of the fight when the casting is killing me...I'm getting away from the mini casts effectively enough but then am getting blasted by the souls spear. The arrows are a pain in the hole throughout. Didn't know about the vow of silence thing...must look that up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Tip I got here for that fight was to re-roll my stats and boost up my health to I think 40...

Think I got lucky at him, was stuck for ages. Arrows are easy enough in the first stage, Dodge behind and you can attack and they won't hit you, track you in the second part. Patience was what did it for me, got in, couple of hits and run away from the arrows and try and dodge the soul spears. Soon as he goes to ground get to the middle of the room and see where he pops up, get there as fast as you can and melee attack to try and prevent casting. God speed!! He's a prick, worst one for me!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

If I want to play online with my brother do we both need to be at the same level? I'm in new game plus 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

If I want to play online with my brother do we both need to be at the same level? I'm in new game plus 2
    If you're summoned to a much lower level player using the password summon it scales your damage to match the lower level player.

I'm letting my 10 year old nephew play the early parts of the game and he beat Iudex Gundyr on his second try.

Evade wrote: »
    I'm letting my 10 year old nephew play the early parts of the game and he beat Iudex Gundyr on his second try.

Took me waaaaayyyyyyy more than that, my excuse is it was my first souls game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Weapon skills feature is great!!!!

• I caved and bought this today....

And I was supposed to relax this Saturday :/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I caved and bought this today....

And I was supposed to relax this Saturday :/

How did you get on? Finished Bloodborne yesterday, haven't went back to DS3 since I got to the last boss!! Started getting in to DS2 yesterday.... Another time hole I think :)

• petes wrote: »
    How did you get on? Finished Bloodborne yesterday, haven't went back to DS3 since I got to the last boss!! Started getting in to DS2 yesterday.... Another time hole I think :)

Is it an uncommon opinion that I'm finding it a little easy????

Pretty much but there are guys here that would be really good at it, I'm not one of them. Bit of a slog for me but an enjoyable one! Also depends whereabouts you are at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I was the same M!ck but then found a big spike at the boss level by the archdeacon, from that point on I found the bosses particularly tough but up to then not so much and yet again never learned to parry.

• Advertisement

• Taltos wrote: »
    I was the same M!ck but then found a big spike at the boss level by the archdeacon, from that point on I found the bosses particularly tough but up to then not so much and yet again never learned to parry.

Parry isn't even working for me, all I can do is block with the shield for some reason

I'm just at the start of the swampy area.

Think I've killed 4 bosses so far. The last being the big ****ing tree

Parry isn't even working for me, all I can do is block with the shield for some reason
    Not all shields can parry, it's considered a weapon skill this time around. Have a look at the description to see which shields can parry.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Couldn't agree more. Way easier than the last one. Only boss so far that was any way hard was the dancer. Loads more fun this time with invaders - first time I'm actually beating them. Trying deprived dex build this time. I think I am spending too much time on my first playthrough though, just moved house so only getting back into it since playing it quite frequently a few weeks ago.

I think it probably is a bit easier than the second although I currently am not that far in the second mainland because it's a bit hard to get used to after 3 and Bloodborne. Played through bloodborne and got used to no shield so back getting used to it. Beaten about 4 bosses so far I think and then give up for the day ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I finally turned my ps4 back on today after nearly two months to get back into this.

Another dozen attempts and Aldrich though reminds me why I stopped.

I can't remember a main game boss being this cheap. Or, more importantly, giving me less of a feeling of progress. I haven't even run him close in about 30 plus attempts. Fire form and his zillion balls of magic, insanely random arrow rain and then double large balls have me dead before I can really get stuck in.

Only the likes of Kalameet or that stupid dragon at the end of one of the DS 2 DLCs had me feeling like this. Never a main game boss.

He's not that cheap, git gud. He's nowhere near the cheapest Souls boss, Bed of Chaos and Taurus Demon knocking you into pits are the first two that come to mind.

Having any luck with co-op on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He's not that cheap, git gud. He's nowhere near the cheapest Souls boss, Bed of Chaos and Taurus Demon knocking you into pits are the first two that come to mind.

Having any luck with co-op on him?

I'll never understand the problem with chaos demon. Tauras ? Boss 1 ? Nah.

Never got PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The arrow rain isn't random. The tell is very obvious, he slowly raises his bow above his head and fires.

First phase, the arrows will spread out in a cone around him and the second phase, the arrows will chase you. Easy to get away from by sprinting, don't roll.

Bed of Chaos, not the Chaos Demon. If you try fighting he Taurus Demon on the bridge you'll understand, any hit sends you flying and quite commonly off the bridge, out of your control.

All the attacks are easily dodged except the arrow rain, that's detailed above.

If you're struggling that much then go in and just practise dodging and staying alive for a little while, it's not that hard of a fight just overwhelming because his attacks cover such a large area with good tracking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

noodler wrote: »
    I finally turned my ps4 back on today after nearly two months to get back into this.

Another dozen attempts and Aldrich though reminds me why I stopped.

I can't remember a main game boss being this cheap. Or, more importantly, giving me less of a feeling of progress. I haven't even run him close in about 30 plus attempts. Fire form and his zillion balls of magic, insanely random arrow rain and then double large balls have me dead before I can really get stuck in.

Only the likes of Kalameet or that stupid dragon at the end of one of the DS 2 DLCs had me feeling like this. Never a main game boss.

For his arrows in the fire phase watch him set it up (bow pointed to the sky), get mid distance away from him, when the arrows start raining down run towards one of the pillars on the far side of the room and circle it until they stop - the arrows struggle to get around the pillar. Watch for his giant magic beam after it. Wait for him to try a physical attach then hammer him. Two hammerings and you have him. Think bleed weapons work on him maybe check the wiki.

Advertisement