Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

How do you do co op invasion raides with other players

What are those colourful little stones I sometimes see invaders drop

anyone

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

anyone

The stones are just markers, they have no practical function.

You can't co-op invade from what I remember but using a dried finger will make it more likely for other people to invade while you're doing it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The stones are just markers, they have no practical function.

You can't co-op invade from what I remember but using a dried finger will make it more likely for other people to invade while you're doing it.

There are certain areas in the game where if you invade there seems to be massive parties that are not there to fight a boss

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There are certain areas in the game where if you invade there seems to be massive parties that are not there to fight a boss

Ah, those are flight clubs, put your red sign down just after the Pontiff bonfire and you'll likely get summoned into one.

There's probably a couple of other locations that are popular but that's where I used always go.

Ah, those are flight clubs, put your red sign down just after the Pontiff bonfire and you'll likely get summoned into one.

There's probably a couple of other locations that are popular but that's where I used always go.

Red sign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Use the red sign soapstone. It's like the co-op summon stone but you're summoned as an invader

Use the red sign soapstone. It's like the co-op summon stone but you're summoned as an invader

where do you get that, im in newgame plus 2 and never across it across it

where do you get that, im in newgame plus 2 and never across it across it

You get it from killing a passive enemy in the Cathedral of the Deep from what i remember, in Rosario's bed chamber?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

noodler wrote: »
    Yes! Dragonslayer Armour down.

Not as hard as Dancer or Aldrich, but I had about three times where I had him down to his last bit of health and he either got me or managed to feck me off the edge.

I've so many questions. So many areas, like the Grand Archives I just entered are familiar.bit.not located where they should be. Why was a scaleless dragon the king?

I'm playing blind enough but look forward to getting answers when I finish.
    I think Dragonslayer was my favourite boss. I decided to stop using the shield during that fight as he was way too strong. Eventually I learned his moveset and was able to dodge most of his attacks, after about literally 25-30 attempts at fighting him.

Like you I got him down to one hit a bunch of times, each time I'd panic and make a stupid mistake. Eventually I zoned out and managed to kill him without thinking about it too much.

Not as difficult as the optional boss mind you!

You get it from killing a passive enemy in the Cathedral of the Deep from what i remember, in Rosario's bed chamber?

Yea I saw a youtube video of how to get it but I need to find a switch to raise a platform to the path I need to take, theres 2 switches down on the lower level that raise platforms but neither is the one I need, where do I find that swtich?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Yea I saw a youtube video of how to get it but I need to find a switch to raise a platform to the path I need to take, theres 2 switches down on the lower level that raise platforms but neither is the one I need, where do I find that swtich?
    You have to drop down from the rafters. The lift up to the rafters is outside the second shortcut door in the chapel.

Do I have to be embered to use the red soap stone, where are good locations to use it. I am in NG+2 , will this have any baring?

Do I have to be embered to use the red soap stone, where are good locations to use it. I am in NG+2 , will this have any baring?

You don't have to be embered, just after the pontiff bonfire is a good spot.

Do I have to be embered to use the red soap stone,
    No.
    where are good locations to use it.
    Outside just after the Pontiff boss room is fairly popular for fight clubs.
    I am in NG+2 , will this have any baring?
    Matching works on soul level. SL 120 is supposed to be the agreed community limit for fight clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Fcuk me Lothric Castle is tough. At times unfairly so. The main entrance is a b1tch to get past, not one but two casters who buff and heal the greatsword dude. Gotta backstab him just to have a chance of taking them out without being wrecked, getting on my nerves. And I have a +8 Heavy Dark Sword with 35 STR!

Beat the game :) So, some thoughts

1. The game is difficult. Like, not Dark Souls difficult, way more difficult. Went with a Vig/End/Str build and near the end the enemies were dealing between 15-20% of my health with a strike, some of the knights in Lothric Castle were 2-3 shooting me, even with the life ring and ring of favor. Sure, DS became a cake-walk after you got the Lordvessel but my glob is this the other extreme. Also, Archdrake Peak, what the hell? Making it to the Belfry Tower bonfire was a pain! Hopefully they scale it back in a patch!

2. Best ending boss fight of the Souls game, on par (IMHO better) than the final fight in Bloodborne. Takes everything you learned from previous fights (when to be aggressive, when to be defensive, mixing shield blocks with rolls) and the music in the second stage, such a throw back.

3. Levelling seems fcuked. Scaling for my Heavy Dark Sword is only around 10% different for every 10 levels, which seems ridicolous.

DS is still my favourite game, but this is the best of the Souls games, with Bloodborne being slightly better. Onto NG+ (have no idea how I am going to survive Lothric Castle this time though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ugh just beat Lothric's brother only to find its a double barrel fight.

God ffs, the run up to him, having to do all that again.

Ugh just beat Lothric's brother only to find its a double barrel fight.

God ffs, the run up to him, having to do all that again.
    There's a shortcut that leads to the Dragonslayer Armour bonfire.
    When you get to the to of the steps outside look to the right instead of going in the door that leads to the boss room.

Evade wrote: »
    There's a shortcut that leads to the Dragonslayer Armour bonfire.
    When you get to the to of the steps outside look to the right instead of going in the door that leads to the boss room.

Yeah cheers its more the run.up the steps after you exit the elevator.

The one with all the enemies? The shortcut is at the top of that.

• Advertisement

Leg it up the stairs, turn right and you'll see an elevator, take it down and you are to the little church area before the Dragonslayer Armor fight. Easiest way to get back to the boss fight.

The one with all the enemies? The shortcut is at the top of that.

Cheers. Only noticed it now that you said it. Should help. I also cheesed 8 levels into dex tho!

Cheers. Only noticed it now that you said it. Should help. I also cheesed 8 levels into dex tho!
    It's a two stage lift too.

It's a two stage lift too.

Cheers that's my first one.

I can now beat the brother with absolute ease but haven't gotten to know the prince's moveset yet.

Question : I have never played a dark souls DLC before , how many different areas and how many hours game play would you expect to be in the up coming ones . Also do you need to have the game finished before you can access these new areas ?

Question : I have never played a dark souls DLC before , how many different areas and how many hours game play would you expect to be in the up coming ones . Also do you need to have the game finished before you can access these new areas ?
    Anywhere between 8-15 hours per DLC. Also no, the access to the DLC will be in the game world so if you want, ensure that you don't start NG+ with a character (or go through the game with a new one) so as it doesn't kick your ass. There will also be new weapons, rings and other items so be aware of that too. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Anywhere between 8-15 hours per DLC. Also no, the access to the DLC will be in the game world so if you want, ensure that you don't start NG+ with a character (or go through the game with a new one) so as it doesn't kick your ass. There will also be new weapons, rings and other items so be aware of that too. Hope that helps!

Ds2 you have to be nearly finished it don't you? I finished it the other week and 'doh' started NG+, near the end again just so I'd have access to the DLC. Or can I access it earlier. Need to Google it I think!

petes wrote: »
    Ds2 you have to be nearly finished it don't you? I finished it the other week and 'doh' started NG+, near the end again just so I'd have access to the DLC. Or can I access it earlier. Need to Google it I think!
    Crown of the Sunken King is in the Black Gulch, so about halfway through, Crown of the Iron King is in the Iron Keep, an area quite early in the game and Crown of the Ivory King is at Drangelic Castle which is the start of the last 3rd of the game so you can get 2 of them earlish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Crown of the Sunken King is in the Black Gulch, so about halfway through, Crown of the Iron King is in the Iron Keep, an area quite early in the game and Crown of the Ivory King is at Drangelic Castle which is the start of the last 3rd of the game so you can get 2 of them earlish.

Cool, thanks. The one in the black gulch, do I not need a key from later in the game? I didn't mind as quite enjoyed my second play through. Didn't like it at first but clocked up a fair bit of time on it. Will have a look this evening for the DLC. I'm close enough to the end so should have all required anyway after another couple of hours if I don't get stuck!!

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. The one in the black gulch, do I not need a key from later in the game? I didn't mind as quite enjoyed my second play through. Didn't like it at first but clocked up a fair bit of time on it. Will have a look this evening for the DLC. I'm close enough to the end so should have all required anyway after another couple of hours if I don't get stuck!!
    No, you get a key item for each DLC automatically so that you can unlock the entrance to each DLC.

Advertisement