Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    No, you get a key item for each DLC automatically so that you can unlock the entrance to each DLC.

I'll look forward to that later, cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No, you get a key item for each DLC automatically so that you can unlock the entrance to each DLC.

I'm pretty sure you need to find the key for each if you are playing the Scholar of the first sin edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you need to find the key for each if you are playing the Scholar of the first sin edition.
    Yeah, but they are all super close to each DLC area if you have SOTFS

That's the one I'm playing! Still should have nearly all them but did remember from the first play through not getting a key to an area until late on!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

petes wrote: »
    That's the one I'm playing! Still should have nearly all them but did remember from the first play through not getting a key to an area until late on!

Just look up the wiki if you are missing them. As far as I recall I stumbled upon them just through normal play.

• Advertisement

Just look up the wiki if you are missing them. As far as I recall I stumbled upon them just through normal play.

Just looked them up there. I didn't know what they were in normal play and was wondering. Should have copped what they were but you never know with these games!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fcuking bull****

I finally kill big brother lotric again and the kid revives him before I can dona thing.

Wtf are you supposed to do?

I haven't enough estus for three.boss fights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

noodler wrote: »
    Wtf are you supposed to do?
    In the second phase
    the smaller brother is the priority. If you get the bigger one to no health the smaller will revive him and that's your chance to get in a lot of damage. While the smaller brother is getting a piggy back he still takes damage but not as much as the bigger one. try attacking from behind to maximise the damage the smaller brother takes.

Evade wrote: »
    In the second phase
    the smaller brother is the priority. If you get the bigger one to no health the smaller will revive him and that's your chance to get in a lot of damage. While the smaller brother is getting a piggy back he still takes damage but not as much as the bigger one. try attacking from behind to maximise the damage the smaller brother takes.

My god that's cheap.

I'm just gonna have to go and grind another ten levels or something or I'll be at this forever.

• Advertisement

My god that's cheap.

I'm just gonna have to go and grind another ten levels or something or I'll be at this forever.
    Gold pine resin might help if your main weapon isn't already infused.

Evade wrote: »
    Gold pine resin might help if your main weapon isn't already infused.

Cheers, I have great sunlight but using it during that fight seems dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Aye the strategy is to batter the head off the little lad, any AOE magic is helpful too.

I actually thought it was a really good fight, one of my favourite of the series.

I really want to get stuck back into this but damn if it doesn't suck until the Abyss Watchers, it's like the opposite of Dark Souls 1.

I have to say I think its lazy, just cheesing you.

Just beat him again but I can only get a hot or two in before he forces me back, takes half my health and has the brother up again.

Out of all the bosses in the game thats the least memorable one to me, I literally remember nothing about the fight except the brother jumps off the back of the other and thats 3 times through to NG++ pure melee build. All the others gave me problems but for some reason .... and rare in dark souls for me I battered this guy 1st or 2nd time on each run.

Finally did it.

I've a sharp masasume +10 but of has a really long animation.

Hot another slab and upgraded by ityrll rapier to +5, helped me get enough hits in and he is weak yo frost.

Didn't find anything cheap about the boss at all. He might heal himself back up but your damage output at that stage far outweighs any gains he gets from it. It wasn't as brutal as Amelia in Bloodbourne which could be so disheartening seeing her health climb up!

Found the brothers to be one of the easier bosses, always be rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah its strange, depending on the builds you go, bosses can be different in difficulty. Like the princes fight would be harder for casters/quick weapons, where i one shotted it with my heavy armour two handed builds, and ive seen a caster absolutely destroy the unnamed king by just rolling and spamming spells. Where hes much much harder for melee.

Wouldnt mind playing this again, any news on the new content? :D

There's an announcement coming soon apparently.

I went for an Ultra Greatsword build for DS3 and found it incredibly frustration. I think I'll be going dex build for the DLC.

Didn't find anything cheap about the boss at all. He might heal himself back up but your damage output at that stage far outweighs any gains he gets from it. It wasn't as brutal as Amelia in Bloodbourne which could be so disheartening seeing her health climb up!

Found the brothers to be one of the easier bosses, always be rolling.

Amelia took me a few goes, that's all.

I'd go as far to say that no boss (in my standard playthrough of the vanilla) in bloodborne gave me as much hassle as Aldrich, Borreal Dancer, Dragonslayer armour (great fight) or the twins.

Soul of Cinder now. Nearly had him.

• Advertisement

There's an announcement coming soon apparently.

I went for an Ultra Greatsword build for DS3 and found it incredibly frustration. I think I'll be going dex build for the DLC.

I'm dex and I find the damage output disappointing.

As I mentioned, masasume has the an animation equivalent to a great sword and the such does too little damage.

Ended up falling back to the rapier and Halvred as usual.

Definitely going strength next time.

Still have old hunters to play.

nix wrote: »
    Yeah its strange, depending on the builds you go, bosses can be different in difficulty. Like the princes fight would be harder for casters/quick weapons, where i one shotted it with my heavy armour two handed builds, and ive seen a caster absolutely destroy the unnamed king by just rolling and spamming spells. Where hes much much harder for melee.

Wouldnt mind playing this again, any news on the new content? :D
    I do love how balanced the game is in that regard. None of the bosses are easy to beat with one playstyle but some are weak to some styles and others are great against some.

And it's wildly assumed that the DLC will be revealed on the 24th, at least the first one, with
    the Deep, Angles of Lothric or Londor
    being the DLC ideas being thrown around as most likely.

Ugh I can't stand this regenerating HP bar ****e.

I don't, makes the fight even better, also that soundtrack in the second phase is amazing. Beating him is way better than beating any other final boss in the rest of the souls game, equal (if not better) than the final boss in Bloodborne (well, depending on what ending you get).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's him going from Embered to unembered after you kill him first

It's him going from Embered to unembered after you kill him first

Ah, the ubderlying story justification for cheesing you with HP isn't really great!

I don't, makes the fight even better, also that soundtrack in the second phase is amazing. Beating him is way better than beating any other final boss in the rest of the souls game, equal (if not better) than the final boss in Bloodborne (well, depending on what ending you get).

Sadly in have only got to experience that once in a dozen or so tries.

Giving the boss every power in the game, the ability to heal AND a second health bar is a bit OTT.

I sure do moan a lot but the fights in DS1 and blood borne to an extent seemed more original than some of the late game cheese festa here.

I'm level 92 or something, I've barely been over level 50 completing any other souls game.

Sadly in have only got to experience that once in a dozen or so tries.

Giving the boss every power in the game, the ability to heal AND a second health bar is a bit OTT.

I sure do moan a lot but the fights in DS1 and blood borne to an extent seemed more original than some of the late game cheese festa here.

I'm level 92 or something, I've barely been over level 50 completing any other souls game.
    He doesn't heal in the fight though? He literally just gets his health back after you get him done to 0 health and then becomes Gwyn. And it's not that he has the ability of every boss in the game, he has the abilities of every player every to link the fire so pyromancy, magic, melee with sword and spear.

Again, I found the fight an actual challenge (unlike Nishandra and Gwyn in the previous two) and the lore and music is exceptional. And I like the fact he changes styles so much, it's actually more about skill than reading patterns.

He doesn't heal in the fight though?
    He can cast one of the heal over time miracles in his cleric or herald phase.

• Advertisement

He does nor heal in the fight though? He literally just gets his health back after you get him done to 0 health and then becomes Gwyn. And it's not that he has the ability of every boss in the game, he has the abilities of every player every to link the fire so pyromancy, magic, melee with sword and spear.

Again, I found the fight an actual challenge (unlike Nishandra and Gwyn in the previous two) and the lore and music is exceptional. And I like the fact he changes styles so much, it's actually more about skill than reading patterns.

I actually thought Gwyn was a challenge first time. I never got the hang of parrying tho.

Advertisement