Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Evade wrote: »
    He can cast one of the heal over time miracles in his cleric or herald phase.
    Oh right, never happened me so didn't know he can do that. Then again I am aggressive in boss fights so against them (cause it's a multitude of things) they never get a chance to do anything but attack back.
    noodler wrote: »
    I actually thought Gwyn was a challenge first time. I never got the hang of parrying tho.
    Ah yeah, that would make the fight tough. But that will stand you in good stead for the 2nd part of the fight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh you're on the last boss Noodler, thought you meant the two brothers.

All I'll say is good luck with that, he's an absolute ball bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh you're on the last boss Noodler, thought you meant the two brothers.

All I'll say is good luck with that, he's an absolute ball bag.

That you thought he was harder than the two brothers does not bode well.

Yeah, progress was slow earlier only got to his second phase twice. The music, one of my favourite DS1 tracks, was almost hypnotic.

I'm thinking of outside battle prep I can do, all I can think of is more upgrades for the estus flask so I can ditch the estus ring.

I have to say, I know there is run of favour and protection in this game but I havent found it yet, might help.

I know that's all tinkering around the edges though. Might save the optional area, however you access that, for ng+.

That you thought he was harder than the two brothers does not bode well.

Yeah, progress was slow earlier only got to his second phase twice. The music, one of my favourite DS1 tracks, was almost hypnotic.

I'm thinking of outside battle prep I can do, all I can think of is more upgrades for the estus flask so I can ditch the estus ring.

I have to say, I know there is run of favour and protection in this game but I havent found it yet, might help.

I know that's all tinkering around the edges though. Might save the optional area, however you access that, for ng+.
    I'll help you out as that ring is awesome in this game (doesn't break if you take it off)

Go past the deacons after pontiff Sulyvahn and into the building. Instead of going upstairs to cross the beams, go left and hit an illusionary wall (The far bit on the left wall). Down the ladder, draw out the Sulyvahn beasts one at a time, it drops from one of them.

Took a break from Soul of Cinder and went to alArchdragon peak.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to beat nameless king, took me 7 tries to beat his dragon and then he killed my in two hits I couldn't seem to roll through. Its such a horrible way to try and get practice on a boss having to run the gauntlet with the dragon just o have a shot at the King again. That fire breath can kill you through no fault of your own if the second blast hits.

Tempted to leave this til NG+ but it hardly gets any easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I couldn't seem to roll through.
    Did you put on heavy armour and weapons? You can't roll if you exceed 100% equip load.

Did you put on heavy armour and weapons? You can't roll if you exceed 100% equip load.

Ah sorry, I meant the roll didn't save me.

Ah sorry, I meant the roll didn't save me.
    You'll have to run away to avoid that attack. Are you attacking the dragon's head?

You'll have to run away to avoid that attack. Are you attacking the dragon's head?

I am. Only way I did any damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Two hand against the Dragon, you should be able to get a strategy for him down soon enough, he's actually not hard and is pretty predictable

Then the nameless king will continue to wreck your ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

First DLC pack coming to Japan on Oct 25th:

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dark-souls-iii-first-dlc-launches-october-25-japan
    The first add-on includes weapons such as a large sword cloaked in colorless flames, cold storm-like magic, and miracles such as a ring of light that you throw like a boomerang. It will also have a new PvP-exclusive map called the “Immortal Arena.” Screenshots in the magazine show a hazy white snow field.
    Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/08/dark-souls-iii-first-dlc-launches-october-25-japan#0TtcKbBXIbsXgZzq.99

Hmmmmmm reading that it sounds like some new gear and a dedicated PvP area :confused:

Surely there will a chunk of story/pve content too ?

Speaking of PvP, trying to finish all the accomplishments which means getting all the ranks in all the covenants for rings and soceries, the amount of 2vsme or 3 vs me is ridiculous.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Speaking of PvP, trying to finish all the accomplishments which means getting all the ranks in all the covenants for rings and soceries, the amount of 2vsme or 3 vs me is ridiculous.
    Try invading in the area after the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss. If you're lucky some Aldritch Faithfull will be there to help you.

Try invading in the area after the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss. If you're lucky some Aldritch Faithfull will be there to help you.
    Good idea, like I love getting invaded, tis a good 1 vs 1 fight so enjoyable

DLC title was leaked. It's called Ashes of Ariandel and will release October 25

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Towards the end of the trailer there was footage of 5 bosses from the vanilla game. What's the point in showing that in a DLC trailer?

Towards the end of the trailer there was footage of 5 bosses from the vanilla game. What's the point in showing that in a DLC trailer?
    They are all related in lore.
    Gwyndyolin was fed to Aldrich, The Nameless King is the first born of Gwyn and the Twin Princes are sons of the Queen of Lothric, widely regarded to be Gwynevere.
    Take from that what you will if you read the spoiler, and I have spoilered it for reasons I won't say.

Super hyped for this though. Looks awesome, and if one of the bosses is who I think it is, really brings the whole series full circle. Also, feeds into my theory for the second DLC.

Gwyndyolin was fed to Aldrich, The Nameless King is the first born of Gwyn and the Twin Princes are sons of the Queen of Lothric, widely regarded to be Gwynevere.
    Take from that what you will if you read the spoiler, and I have spoilered it for reasons I won't say.

Super hyped for this though. Looks awesome, and if one of the bosses is who I think it is, really brings the whole series full circle. Also, feeds into my theory for the second DLC.

I really want to plat this before the DLC comes out.

Have to get working on Nameless King and SoC.

On the trailer: I love the snow look - I thought the design and atmosphere of Painted world made it the best area in DS1 and it sure looks similar there.

I'd still prefer an Artorias style single piece of DLC rather than pieces (never even got around to part 3 of DS2) but looks good.

• Advertisement

I really want to plat this before the DLC comes out.

Have to get working on Nameless King and SoC.

On the trailer: I love the snow look - I thought the design and atmosphere of Painted world made it the best area in DS1 and it sure looks similar there.

I'd still prefer an Artorias style single piece of DLC rather than pieces (never even got around to part 3 of DS2) but looks good.
    Won't spoil too much (my theory could be wrong, but if I am right I don't want to ruin it for people) but the first one seems very much about wrapping up any outstanding lore from the series whereas the second one will (probably) wrap the series up full stop, so it makes sense here.

Also, lore wise, the 3 kings were super important, so made sense to give each king/crown their own DLC. Plus, they were pretty good (even if some of the boss fights were horrendous due to design and/or the run up from the last bonfire).

Won't spoil too much (my theory could be wrong, but if I am right I don't want to ruin it for people) but the first one seems very much about wrapping up any outstanding lore from the series whereas the second one will (probably) wrap the series up full stop, so it makes sense here.

Also, lore wise, the 3 kings were super important, so made sense to give each king/crown their own DLC. Plus, they were pretty good (even if some of the boss fights were horrendous due to design and/or the run up from the last bonfire).

Never made the three kings in ds1 link with the three ds2 dlcs before.

Actually scratch that.

Was confusing with 4 kings in ds1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So because the trailer showed bosses from the vanilla game you guessing the new DLC will be based on
    Gwynevere, and that its possible she could be a boss? Seems like alot of people online also believe if might be set in the painted world from Dark Souls 1. Other than that the trailer didn't give much away

So because the trailer showed bosses from the vanilla game you guessing the new DLC will be based on
    Gwynevere, and that its possible she could be a boss? Seems like alot of people online also believe if might be set in the painted world from Dark Souls 1. Other than that the trailer didn't give much away

First thing that entered my head is
    Painted World
    Which wouldn't be that much of a stretch at all.

First thing that entered my head is
    Painted World
    Which wouldn't be that much of a stretch at all.
    It could be both.
    She could be in the place that Ariamis Painted

Really can't get nameless king's swing set down. Sometimes it feels he gets me even when rolling. Timing must be tougher.

If I didn't have to fight this stupid, stupid dragon with From's atrocious camera angle then I'd at least get a few more stabs in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Dragon is the easy part :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Dragon is the easy part :)

Ha so true!!!!! Got love when you hear that dull thud and it's health bar evaporates http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/16918862

Gotta hate when you forget everything dark souls learned you and then this happens and then my health bar evaporates http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/18714850

I'll give the OP the camera angles in that fight , they killed me more times than I can count!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Snowy environment with a bridge, Ariandel/Ariamis? Wonder if we'll see more of Priscilla? Some twisted, corrupted version maybe.

Advertisement