Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Dragon is the easy part :)

It is of course.

Its just a horrible, horrible time wasting chore having to fight it every time.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2016/08/24/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-trailer-breakdown?read

A surprisingly excellent analysis of the DLC trailer by ign there. I'd say spoilers but its obviously just.informed.speculation.

noodler wrote: »
    It is of course.

Its just a horrible, horrible time wasting chore having to fight it every time.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2016/08/24/dark-souls-3-ashes-of-ariandel-trailer-breakdown?read

A surprisingly excellent analysis of the DLC trailer by ign there. I'd say spoilers but its obviously just.informed.speculation.

Was going to post that breakdown , it's not 100% but isn't far from the truth as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just watched Vaati's video on the DLC trailer. It sums up the trailer very nicely, but Vaati goes into so much detail that it could almost be considered spoiler'ish. If you want to go into the DLC blind, avoid the vidya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dark souls 3 is reduced to 30 euros in smyths toys. I got it for xbox1 but it may be there for ps4 also.

I did it.

I fcuking did it.

Nameless King GTFO

• Advertisement

I did it.

I fcuking did it.

Nameless King GTFO

Is there anything else unlocked here by beating him? Or can I feck off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Is there anything else unlocked here by beating him? Or can I feck off now.
    That's it. There's some good stuff in the area that was below the fog.

Evade wrote: »
    That's it. There's some good stuff in the area that was below the fog.

I got the character armour and spear. That it? Nothing associated with the NK himself?

I got the character armour and spear. That it? Nothing associated with the NK himself?
    There's nothing to do with the Nameless King. There's a titanite slab down there too.

Thanks, I'd heard the rumours about him.

Was hoping there'd be something.

• Advertisement

Beat soul of cinder tonight.

Used ityrell rapier +5.

Masasumo swings too long. Also, I am 90% sire he took burst damage from frost if you can get enough hits to stagger him.

Delighted. Despite all my moaning, which everyone had to put up with here mobths after they had finished the game, I think this probably had the best boss fights.

I haven't actually touched the bonfire to link the flame yet. The official guide says nothing about NG+ (absolute pile of prima sh1te) but I assume I should slaughter all the remaining NPCs for loot first?

I haven't completed any NPC storylines bar greirat demise so dunno if a npc massacre would affect my ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Beat soul of cinder tonight.

Used ityrell rapier +5.

Masasumo swings too long. Also, I am 90% sire he took burst damage from frost if you can get enough hits to stagger him.

Delighted. Despite all my moaning, which everyone had to put up with here mobths after they had finished the game, I think this probably had the best boss fights.

I haven't actually touched the bonfire to link the flame yet. The official guide says nothing about NG+ (absolute pile of prima sh1te) but I assume I should slaughter all the remaining NPCs for loot first?

I haven't completed any NPC storylines bar greirat demise so dunno if a npc massacre would affect my ending?
    It doesn't affect your ending. Kill Yuria, if you kill the rest all you unlock is there gear and there armor from the Shrine Handmaiden. And you can link the flame and not start NG+ until you are ready, so if you need to farm covenant/upgrade/buy more material you can do that

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It doesn't affect your ending. Kill Yuria, if you kill the rest all you unlock is there gear and there armor from the Shrine Handmaiden. And you can link the flame and not start NG+ until you are ready, so if you need to farm covenant/upgrade/buy more material you can do that

Cheers never found yuria I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Oooohhhhhhhh......

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Keep forgetting there's more to come from this game yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anything too spoilery in that?

Miyazaki hinted at remasters in a polygon piece on this

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/21/12999428/dark-souls-3-final-game-dlc-ashes-of-ariandel-miyazaki-last-finale

EDIT: Just watching the gameplay video there they had to have the character health and stamina tweaked there surely ? All those blocked and then fire damage and not a single swig of estus? I stopped watching after they picked something up as thats the kind of stuff I don't want to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The only re-master I want is Demon's Souls. At least with DaS you can play them with higher fidelity and frame-rate on the PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭Lucashood2016

Do you have to have a finished saved version of dark souls 3 before you can play the new DLC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do you have to have a finished saved version of dark souls 3 before you can play the new DLC

Nope. You'd have to play through most of the game to access it though, going by previous From DLC it should be end game level difficulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nope. You'd have to play through most of the game to access it though, going by previous From DLC it should be end game level difficulty.

I think I've fcuked up.

I started NG+ which means I'll have to play the DLC at that level? Is that correct?

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I think I've fcuked up.

I started NG+ which means I'll have to play the DLC at that level? Is that correct?

Yes.

You could start again though but you'll probably need the levels you have.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    It could be worse, I'm on NG+++.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Evade wrote: »
    It could be worse, I'm on NG+++.

Still haven't beaten Bloodbornes DLC.

Giant Shark ****ers and the Orphan of Kos at NG++?

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Im going to be restarting from scratch i think, try a different build leveling before i hit the DLC. Going straight in with any of the beefed up characters i have it will all be over too quick. Its been a few months, it will be fun to play it all again :D

What kind of price would we be looking at for this DLC? Same as bloodbornes? i think that was about €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

AOTA was €15 aswell.

DkS2s DLC was €15 each I believe? €30 for the Season Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

think its €25 for both or €15 each on the irish store ;)

nix wrote: »
    Im going to be restarting from scratch i think, try a different build leveling before i hit the DLC. Going straight in with any of the beefed up characters i have it will all be over too quick. Its been a few months, it will be fun to play it all again :D

What kind of price would we be looking at for this DLC? Same as bloodbornes? i think that was about €15?

Dread starting after a break because I know I'll die as soon as an enemy looks at me as I panic to remember the controls :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Dread starting after a break because I know I'll die as soon as an enemy looks at me as I panic to remember the controls :o

haha it will all come rushing back on the first icicle/reptile mob at the start :P

Advertisement