Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Has this game died or am I just online at the wrong time? Has a Steam Record, liked 7th Most Players Online at 130k from April. Now has 7,000, not many considering Dark Souls pretty much always has 2-3k online.

Getting summoned after a few minutes which is fine, but damn, it used to be seconds.

Anyways, kicking ass, seems to be easier since I've last played it but it's probably using a shield with 100% Absrp for the first time in about 3 years in these games.

Currently at Undead Settlement, Knight is strangely the best starting build for a dex character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Has this game died or am I just online at the wrong time? Has a Steam Record, liked 7th Most Players Online at 130k from April. Now has 7,000, not many considering Dark Souls pretty much always has 2-3k online.

Getting summoned after a few minutes which is fine, but damn, it used to be seconds.

Anyways, kicking ass, seems to be easier since I've last played it but it's probably using a shield with 100% Absrp for the first time in about 3 years in these games.

Currently at Undead Settlement, Knight is strangely the best starting build for a dex character.

Got the game for Steam last week and as I played through the entirety of Grand Archives without being invaded. That's never happened to me on all my PS4 playthroughs.
    Saying that, I am still seeing plenty of summon signs around the bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got the game for Steam last week and as I played through the entirety of Grand Archives without being invaded. That's never happened to me on all my PS4 playthroughs.
    Saying that, I am still seeing plenty of summon signs around the bosses.

I'm playing it again to get levelled up for the DLC and I'm getting invaded and summoned quite a lot still.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm playing it again to get levelled up for the DLC and I'm getting invaded and summoned quite a lot still.

How far through it are you going for the DLC?
    I've beaten the brothers Lothric and might just leave it there. If I'm bored some night I might try the Nameless King again. Hate it solo though.

• Advertisement

Big patch coming this week fixes a load of bugs in preparation for the DLC: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-dark-souls-3-patch-coming-friday-addresses-poi/1100-6444542/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Big patch coming this week fixes a load of bugs in preparation for the DLC: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-dark-souls-3-patch-coming-friday-addresses-poi/1100-6444542/

Haven't played in some time but everyone seems to be getting hyped about the poise change in the hope that it gets added to the game in the vein of Dark Souls 1 poise system. Although i would like this i really don't see it happening as the patch notes are notorious for being misleading.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really cool mod released for the PC that changes the shading. Makes it look cell shaded.

2BFtpStgy3kfbA35vU8pXb-650-80.jpg

vr6RcCA9eMtpST6Wek6GLf-650-80.jpg

http://www.pcgamer.com/dark-souls-3-reshade-mod-transforms-lothric-with-surrealist-watercolours/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How far through it are you going for the DLC?
    I've beaten the brothers Lothric and might just leave it there. If I'm bored some night I might try the Nameless King again. Hate it solo though.

In ng+ I am in lost izalith.

I'd rather tackle the dlc in ng and at a lower level if I'm honest but can't see myself.finding time to start for a third time before the dlc hits.

Ye hopefully they might finally do something about it.
    Haven't played in some time but everyone seems to be getting hyped about the poise change in the hope that it gets added to the game in the vein of Dark Souls 1 poise system. Although i would like this i really don't see it happening as the patch notes are notorious for being misleading.

• Advertisement

Just bought it on PC and im getting black borders on the top and bottom when played on my monitors native resolution (1920x1200) :mad: My fault for buying a 16:10 monitor or FROMs fault for being lazy bastids?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

16:10 is not a niche resolution anymore. Tons of tv's and tablets run on it. There really is no excuse for a PC game not to cater to all resolutions. Then again, this is FROM. This is a studio that did such a bad job optomizing their game that a member of the community patched it to run better on PC within 6 hours. Ports tend to get farmed out.

Regardless, I find the borders dont bother me much on most games.....but I suppose my screen is large and i sit very close to it so mileage may vary i guess.

Namco at it again giving streamers early access to their games but this time with the DLC. Oh for shame Namco, for shame :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just bought it on PC and im getting black borders on the top and bottom when played on my monitors native resolution (1920x1200) :mad: My fault for buying a 16:10 monitor or FROMs fault for being lazy bastids?

You can hex edit the .exe to force the resolution but on my 21:9 outside the 16:9 area the animations are reduced to about 5 fps which is worse than having the black bars.

You can hex edit the .exe to force the resolution but on my 21:9 outside the 16:9 area the animations are reduced to about 5 fps which is worse than having the black bars.

Cheers. I may just end up lugging the PC to the living room and play it on the TV, wife be damned

What time is the DLC available on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What time is the DLC available on PS4?

Any word yet on when/how it is accessed?

noodler wrote: »
    Any word yet on when/how it is accessed?

No word on release time. Lately videogame companies have had release times but they are in PST which usually means 3am the following day for us, I hope it's not the same with DS3.

As for how to access it there's a new NPC in the church in the Cathedral of the Deep. Seems to be easy enough to access, just talk to him.

No word on release time. Lately videogame companies have had release times but they are in PST which usually means 3am the following day for us, I hope it's not the same with DS3.

As for how to access it there's a new NPC in the church in the Cathedral of the Deep. Seems to be easy enough to access, just talk to him.

Times included below
    Due to a logistical error, the Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLC was made available for download for a short period of time for Xbox One players. We have since corrected this scheduling error and the Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLC will now be available on October 24, 2016 at 3 PM PDT for Steam players and October 24, 2016 at 9 PM PDT for console players.

So around 9pm for PC and 4am tomorrow for consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So whats the verdict so far? is it alot of content in this DLC? Whats the price tag? how many bosses added?

• Advertisement

it's 14.99 and from what I've read opinion varies between boring (one review) and great (2 reviews). Most agree the the level design and feel of the area and enemies are very good. Only 2 new bosses and 3-5 hours playtime. Time usually doesn't bother me but given that play time and that fact you can't easily replay it unless you have other characters ready to go gives me pause on picking it up right away.

Think I put in 4 hours in it last night and I don't think I've gone very far
    Just reached a little town
    Spent most of that time trying to battle groups in huge numbers. It's a slog to be honest and the loot drops are pants (I'm at end game NG).
    Not sure how much it cost on its own. I got the season past for €25

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there much faffing about to access the DLC? Thing my character is left at the end of NG++.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there much faffing about to access the DLC? Thing my character is left at the end of NG++.

Simple really:
    Just talk to a character in the Cleansing Chapel.

NPC in cathedral of the deep
    I believe.

I'm at the same spot, think I went way up in level on that character farming the covenant items :s

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

NPC in cathedral of the deep
    I believe.

I'm at the same spot, think I went way up in level on that character farming the covenant items :s

Think i stayed at 120 for PvP so shouldn't be a cakewalk hopefully. Will be finishing of GoW 4 before I dip back in to this though I reckon. No new achievements/trophies I'm assuming?

Think i stayed at 120 for PvP so shouldn't be a cakewalk hopefully. Will be finishing of GoW 4 before I dip back in to this though I reckon. No new achievements/trophies I'm assuming?

No they've never added them to the DLC in these for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Edit: Wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Got as far as the 4th bonfire last night after a 2 hour session. No boss fight yet, I rekon I'll have it finished tonight as I seem to be flying through it. Does anyone know where the new PvP arena is? I'm on NG+ but tbh seem to be a bit overpowered for the content.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Got as far as the 4th bonfire last night after a 2 hour session. No boss fight yet, I rekon I'll have it finished tonight as I seem to be flying through it. Does anyone know where the new PvP arena is? I'm on NG+ but tbh seem to be a bit overpowered for the content.

What level are you at?

I accidentally started NG+ when I beat the main game so I'm wondering .whether to start again with a new build, or push through in NG+. I'm not particularly skilled at the game (I had to summon for two-third of the bosses) so I'm worried that I'll be in over my head in NG+

Advertisement