Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pickpocket wrote: »
    What level are you at?

I accidentally started NG+ when I beat the main game so I'm wondering .whether to start again with a new build, or push through in NG+. I'm not particularly skilled at the game (I had to summon for two-third of the bosses) so I'm worried that I'll be in over my head in NG+

NG+ is generally easier as you know what you're doing by then and tend to have better gear so I wouldn't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Mickeroo wrote: »
    NG+ is generally easier as you know what you're doing by then and tend to have better gear so I wouldn't worry.

Great! Looking forward to it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

I had to start from scratch because all my saved games were deleted , I have basically rushed through from start and now I am stuck on the boss in the road of sacrifices . I'm at level 18 and all my souls this far have been pumbed into strength which is at 27 and I am warrior class. Any tips , I really want to see the new content, the boss is actually one of the easier in the game. Summon signs are very scarce as well so it looks like im on my own

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

I had to start from scratch because all my saved games were deleted , I have basically rushed through from start and now I am stuck on the boss in the road of sacrifices . I'm at level 18 and all my souls this far have been pumbed into strength which is at 27 and I am warrior class. Any tips , I really want to see the new content, the boss is actually one of the easier in the game. Summon signs are very scarce as well so it looks like im on my own

its dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Crystal Sage boss? Soon as you go in run straight up and around and keep attacking. Soon as it disappears look around to see where it pops up again and same again. It will be the purple one I think. Doge the blue one.

• Advertisement

Think
    Eygon of Carim
    can be summoned for this fight if I recall, obviously you'd had to have
    got Irina out of her cell
    which you may have skipped if you were in a hurry through that play through.

What level are you at?

I accidentally started NG+ when I beat the main game so I'm wondering .whether to start again with a new build, or push through in NG+. I'm not particularly skilled at the game (I had to summon for two-third of the bosses) so I'm worried that I'll be in over my head in NG+

It took me about 30 minutes to get to the DLC. Absolutely smashed all the bosses. I expect the DLC will soon slap some sense into me but I'm just so relieved to have it unlocked already.

It took me about 30 minutes to get to the DLC. Absolutely smashed all the bosses. I expect the DLC will soon slap some sense into me but I'm just so relieved to have it unlocked already.

I spoke too soon. I've just installed the DLC and returned to the Church but there's no NPC. Do I have to beat the Deacons and open the two doors?

I spoke too soon. I've just installed the DLC and returned to the Church but there's no NPC. Do I have to beat the Deacons and open the two doors?

He's there now. I went to level up and when I returned he was there.

And I'm done.

I had to summon for help on the final boss.
    Three phases
    is just too much for me. So godspeed to the iron-clad champion who bailed me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Non dlc related post, will use spoilers anyway to be safe.

Still on main game quest at about 40 hours in, currently having my a$$ handed to me by
    dragon slayer armor
    , this guy and the
    abyss watchers
    have been the most troublesome for me to date.
    DSA
    i can get to second phase pretty constantly but my timing on his
    charge
    attack he does always seems catch me, that and his
    two companions who sporadically decide to projectile vomit crap
    at me when I'm usually low hp isn't helping either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just keep plugging, it was a fight I was immediately up to speed with, but too loads of goes to beat.

You'll get the dodge timing down, when they fire the balls at you does it come in waves or constantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Keep moving from one side of the bridge to the other. I think the projectiles are to stop you using the monument in the middle as a way of avoiding the boss and healing easily. Also it probably more important to avoid his shield attaches than his sword attacks.

Thanks, it was more of a rant than anything else, ill keep plugging away.

The projectiles aren't really so much the problem other than adding tension when you feel you are getting close to the end. It really is the charge attack (like the first one he does first thing on second phase youtube linky) I mentioned that seems to get me allot with the follow through, even if behind. Everything else is easy enough to roll through. ha I say easy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Maybe its your roll timing, could you have your shield up and just take the hit loosing your stamina but no health?

Its definitely my timing, he seems to hold before unleashing, I seem to roll prematurely because I know I'm done for if I get caught because I'm hugging close to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you see him charging get away instead then?

If you see him charging get away instead then?

I think Ill try that from now on, he seems to have a limited range on it so as long a I don't get pinned or knocked off i can back off and maybe roll into it if I have to. Man, all I'm looking for is that one good run, this is like O&S all over again for me, I remind myself that things can only get better, but this is dark souls :rolleyes: love it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ELmZpQY.jpg

What are we looking for to be shocked by here Johnny ? Hitler or your characters hideous back boobs :pac:

/can't unsee that !!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

ELmZpQY.jpg

If it's the same guy i saw on youtube don't bother summoning him, he only uses gas attacks (toxic/poison mist).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What are we looking for to be shocked by here Johnny ? Hitler or your characters hideous back boobs

#bodypride!

Anyway, played through the DLC and thought it was fine if somewhat unremarkable. It's pure Dark Souls, with a few evocative and memorable moments, but like the main game it left me mostly anticipating seeing what happens when From rip up their own rule book again. Ashes... is undoubtedly the product of a peerlessly confident and brilliant studio, but we already knew that.

Oddly enough, my favourite moment by far of the DLC was going upstairs in the chapel.
    There's no nasty surprises up there -but there's a moment of beautifully mysterious environmental and visual storytelling.

I think Ill try that from now on, he seems to have a limited range on it so as long a I don't get pinned or knocked off i can back off and maybe roll into it if I have to. Man, all I'm looking for is that one good run, this is like O&S all over again for me, I remind myself that things can only get better, but this is dark souls :rolleyes: love it though.

Do you have Havel's armor? It's back on the bridge where you killed the stray demon I think, definitely helps anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Having a nightmare with all the bosses at the moment. Decided on a magic melee build for this run. Makes mince meat out of mobs but every fecking boss is resistant to make meaning I can't do any damage to them. Aldrich I could take less than 1/20th health off him on a good cycle. I needed up improving with pyromancy to do some actual damage to him which made it a hell of a lot easier.

Seem pyromancy is easy mode in this game and magic is hard mode unlike the rest of the series!

DSA has fallen, OMG the relief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Just finished the DLC there. My god,
    Sister of Friede
    is my favorite Dark Souls boss fight ever, everything changes each stage, each stage is tough (the first stage for estus management obviously). An amazing fight, a mixture of Maria, Nameless King and O&S, will keep coming back for that fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Decided to buy the DLC last night, rolled a new character, as why not?

Gonna do some sort of pyromancy build as i havent touched off pyromancy much yet, any suggestions in builds or weapons to accompany with it in the early and end game?

Also, whens a good time to hit the new DLC area? finish the normal game then go do the DLC?

On my second playthrough of 3 before the DLC. Just beat Aldrich first go although I died at the same time :) weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Also doing a new run through the game this time on PC. Found that the Abyss Watchers have very little poise. On my two previous runs I used light weapons but this time I'm using the Executioners Great sword and it's hilarious how I can spend a whole stamina bar on them with them being stun locked the whole time. Makes the fight so easy.

Also, yay poise. Not sure what the exact conditions are but I know it's not simply linked to armour this time round. I'm wearing the full Barbed set and the Exe greatsword which puts me at about 17 poise and everything staggers me mid swing, even rats and arrows. I recently switched to the Demon Greataxe and I'm keeping my poise through most enemy attacks I have encounter so far. Seems like it could be poise + weapon weight? = hyper armour?

• Advertisement

Think I've done something odd on a new playthrough, I'm quite near the end and it's not ng+. I can see no summon signs (npc) and if I due my souls aren't where I died to retrieve them!

Anyone know what's happening, tried googling but found nothing!

Advertisement