Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not since there's no actual PC games anymore. Almost everything's just a 7/8th gen port. Oh well back to Blade of Darkness I go.

You should try out Darkest Dungeon if you want some punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Not since there's no actual PC games anymore. Almost everything's just a 7/8th gen port. Oh well back to Blade of Darkness I go.

I'm not sure is this a joke?

Multiplats obviously will be ports for the most part. There's always going to be more PC only games than ports

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not exactly bad though either. At least it will be 60 FPS. I ended up abandoning Bloodbourne for a while for Scholar of the first Sin on PC because the sub 30 FPS framerate drops and frame pacing issues just meant it felt horrible to control in comparison.

Bloodbourne?
    Is that Ashbourne but on a Saturday night, during a sale in the local off licence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'm not sure is this a joke?

Multiplats obviously will be ports for the most part. There's always going to be more PC only games than ports

It's not a joke that there's barely any AA or AAA games that are made primarily for PC and then ported down. Most things are ported up now, which means the bottleneck in either raw power or design (gamepads :mad:) is from 8th, arguably one of the most under-powered and disappointing generation of consoles. Hence more frame-caps, unambitious graphics and ineffecient use of hardware.

But that's all a bit off topic. If they manage to make it so playing DaS3 at variable FPS doesn't cause my weapon to explode in my hand then they'll have improved on their last attempt. Also actual KB/M control icons instead of xbox buttons wouldn't be an ambitious standard they could try reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

CdiVBRzUYAAL0zz?format=pjpg&name=large

CdiVBQvUIAEvB7d?format=pjpg&name=large

• Advertisement

^^^

*outstretches grubby fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I saw Dark Souls Trilogy and nearly wet myself thinking we were getting a DSI remaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,508 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I saw Dark Souls Trilogy and nearly wet myself thinking we were getting a DSI remaster.

i'd love if they did a remaster for the PS4 :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

a remaster wouldn't even be the same game, as they'd presumably have time to fix the post lordvessel areas. lost izalith in particular is hilarously terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,386 ✭✭✭✭noodler

eddhorse wrote: »
    CdiVBRzUYAAL0zz?format=pjpg&name=large

CdiVBQvUIAEvB7d?format=pjpg&name=large

What's that from?

I've no Internet where I live so am actually thinking of not buying this on release.

Didn't get the most out of bloodborne because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hold on to your butt's! The game has released today in Japan and streamers are getting it early on the 25th so it's "stay off the internet" time again. I watched my first video today since the initial announcement trailer and i have to say it's looking very smart, yes indeed. Video didn't spoil much thankfully as it only showcased 6 weapons and 6 armor sets.

Has anyone bought the Japanese version? I heard all the voice acting is in English but the menus are in Japanese. Probably still very playable without understanding of the language

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Has anyone bought the Japanese version? I heard all the voice acting is in English but the menus are in Japanese. Probably still very playable without understanding of the language

Ya, i got the JP version. Going to tuck into it tomorrow evening after work.
    The assumption is that voice acting is all english and text is japanese. This is how it was for Bloodborne.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya, i got the JP version. Going to tuck into it tomorrow evening after work.
    The assumption is that voice acting is all english and text is japanese. This is how it was for Bloodborne.

Did you get it from play asia?

Did you get it from play asia?

Ya. I've seen comments on reddit where there maybe a shortage of 5,000 yen psn cards so be aware of that.
    I bought a 5,000 & 3,000 yen card.

would the menus be a massive pain in the hole without a basic knowledge of Japanese ?? Just wondering, I will wait for the full English version at this stage

2smiggy wrote: »
    would the menus be a massive pain in the hole without a basic knowledge of Japanese ?? Just wondering, I will wait for the full English version at this stage

I'll be using Google Translate. Will be a slog but should be fine.
    Lore & the story ususally pass right over my head the first time I play these games anyway.

Launch trailer, think a lot was shown already but a boss
    riding and fighting on the back of a huge dragon
    was new to me and I wish I hadn't seen it now :(

But at the same time I was :eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,255 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's the official release date for here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's the official release date for here?

12/4

19 days isn't it? I'm running a countdown

EDIT* I've exams until the 10th May, I should probably wait until then to get the darksign

• Advertisement

Ugh I thought it was March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Its a 3 week gap between the JP release and the Worldwide release. It sucks and its going to be a tough 3 weeks trying to avoid spoilers as the temptation to learn more about the game will be to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Ugh I thought it was March 24th

24 March in Japan... The rest of the world must wait :P

the usual dark souls lads on twitch will all be playing from about 1pm today I think for anyone interested.

not sure if it is a normal play through, but one mentioned he was doing PvP ? not sure how he can be doing this if only after unlocking the game ? Maybe they offered the popular twitch players early access

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I got Bloodborne and loved it after never playing a souls game before.

I could feel myself getting better the more I played it and I eventually cleared it and its one of my favorite games ever.

Just as I cleared it I seeing that Dark Souls 2 remaster came out on the PS4 but I was awful at it. I tried for ages but couldn't even get past some guy on a bridge at the start next to exploding barrels so I just sold it in the end.

This Dark Souls seems to be much more like Bloodborne so hopefully I do better than in Dark Souls 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I got Bloodborne and loved it after never playing a souls game before.

I could feel myself getting better the more I played it and I eventually cleared it and its one of my favorite games ever.

Just as I cleared it I seeing that Dark Souls 2 remaster came out on the PS4 but I was awful at it. I tried for ages but couldn't even get past some guy on a bridge at the start next to exploding barrels so I just sold it in the end.

This Dark Souls seems to be much more like Bloodborne so hopefully I do better than in Dark Souls 2!

Im playing Dark Souls 2 at the moment,and unlike alot of the other Souls games i have played,there seems to be a bit of unfairness in there...at least with the others you knew if you died it was you fault but im really not enjoying this because of it..

(Cue..Git Gud comments)

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Im playing Dark Souls 2 at the moment,and unlike alot of the other Souls games i have played,there seems to be a bit of unfairness in there...at least with the others you knew if you died it was you fault but im really not enjoying this because of it..

(Cue..Git Gud comments)

DkS2 is definitely the most bull****ty of the 4 games (Though Bloodborne has its moments)

Still a grand game IMO, I never got too frustrated by it

It looks like those who bought the JP XBone version get English dialogue.
    Lucky sods :o

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It looks like those who bought the JP XBone version get English dialogue.
    Lucky sods :o

Both that and the PS4 version are the same..But all item descriptions and writing are in Japanese..

• Advertisement

just had a look at twitch, and a few i had a quick look at had the menus in English. I suppose the more popular streamers got proper copies, not the Japanese ones ?

Advertisement