Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Ugh pyromancy build is boring as fook, is it likely to get alot more fun in the end game levels or should i swap to something else?

anybody done fist weapons before? was that fun?

I've done heavy two hander builds before, coupled with high faith

heavy agility, katana builds

Anybody recommend fun or new builds worth trying? or should i stick with pyro as it will get better?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Magic in Dark Souls 3 is just really boring unfortunately. It's all just weapon buffs and projectiles really.

Sorcery is probably the most fun as it has Chameleon which is a lot of fun to use in PVP. However it's near useless against most bosses (except for the final DLC and nameless king where it destroys them). However going for a magic build can be fun to give you an extra challenge against said bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    Ugh pyromancy build is boring as fook, is it likely to get alot more fun in the end game levels or should i swap to something else?

Anybody recommend fun or new builds worth trying? or should i stick with pyro as it will get better?

Pure build of anything tend to be boring in PvE. I only min-maxed on my very first playthrough, but thats not for me anymore i only play themed builds now. For example im playing through the DLC with a "Chaos Knight" type of build. I have 3 different weapons in keeping with the theme, Executioners Greatsword, Demon Greataxe, Lorians Greatsword and Shield of Want in my other hand. All decked out in scary looking armour and equiped with pryomancy spells! Although its a big stat investment as its still not where i want it to be as my attunement and pyromancy is lagging behind alittle, but its fun in both PvE and PvP.

I have yet to finish the DLC but there are some real cool Dex weapons to be had, one of them being a set of class which would work nice in some Wolverine themed build. Claws + HP regen items :D

Scythes are really fun, and they have been buffed with the DLC to a point where they might be OP, Demon Fists are another cool weapon with lots of combo attack potential. But alas, this game is no Bloodborne when it comes to really really fun weapons

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

nix wrote: »

I've done fist weapons only in Dk2, it was good fun but made easier with Power Stancing.

Double Shield, no armour, numerous roleplay builds available. Commentating from your characters POV like he's got an IQ of 28, dual parrying daggers.

There's ones where you only level one stat, can't raise a stat above 20, naked run, runs where you only use starting equipment

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have yet to finish the DLC but there are some real cool Dex weapons to be had, one of them being a set of class which would work nice in some Wolverine themed build. Claws + HP regen items :D

Levelled up the rapier and knives set last night and the claws and took them to the arena. The claw is ok but the Rapier/knives set is so much fun. Having a quick knife throw is great for catching people off guard and since you jump while doing it it's great for evading attacks and giving someone a face full of knife :)

• Advertisement

Final boss of the DLC is messing me up big time, killed me 10 times already. I have 14 estus going into
    the final phase
    everytime but my low END is really starting to hurt me. Awesome looking boss though!

Ok, just beat it. I SUPER cheesed it. I ran away the whole fight till it did certain 2 attacks then i hit it with a pot shot and then went back to running away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

petes wrote: »
    Do you have Havel's armor? It's back on the bridge where you killed the stray demon I think, definitely helps anyway!

Just adding to this, to get Havel's armor you need to
    kill Havel in Archdragon's Peak and then go back to Stray Demon location above Watchdogs of Farron

Also, yay poise. Not sure what the exact conditions are but I know it's not simply linked to armour this time round.

I think it's literally off until it's activated via Weapon Skill Perseverance and the hyper armor buff casting with Talismans. Poise is effectively useless in Dark Souls 3 unless you have a weapon that has Perseverance or casting Miracles.

Cravez wrote: »

I think it's literally off until it's activated via Weapon Skill Perseverance and the hyper armor buff casting with Talismans. Poise is effectively useless in Dark Souls 3 unless you have a weapon that has Perseverance or casting Miracles.

Yeah but they patched poise just before they released the DLC. It works now, but i don't quite know the conditions for it. I have been maintaining my poise with Lorians Greatsword and Demon Great Axe both of which don't have Perseverance. Its definitely fixed and linked to weapons in some way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

what does luck do?, what would happen if I pumped every soul I get early in the game into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Scales with Hollowed weapons and increases item discovery.

Edit: While at 99 hollow and holding a hollow infused weapon also boosts your luck stat by 10 points. Can be stacked with a hollow shield also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm on PC and really want to play the DLC but don't have much free time. I lost my save file. I tried using a friends save, I was going to use this to respec the same as my save but that won't work because of anti cheat protection. Anyone have an idea of how to get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm on PC and really want to play the DLC but don't have much free time. I lost my save file. I tried using a friends save, I was going to use this to respec the same as my save but that won't work because of anti cheat protection. Anyone have an idea of how to get around this?

You could speed run to the dlc access point in about 90 mins handily enough.

Cheers m8 duley noted. Do they accept expired steam keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Think I'll have to finally stop playing this game....after 180+ hours. Arena is fun and beating the DLC bosses solo on NG++++ was tough. Anyone else feel all the other bosses were too easy? I remember DS1 & 2 bosses being way tougher. Will play a few other games before starting Bloodbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Think I'll have to finally stop playing this game....after 180+ hours. Arena is fun and beating the DLC bosses solo on NG++++ was tough. Anyone else feel all the other bosses were too easy? I remember DS1 & 2 bosses being way tougher. Will play a few other games before starting Bloodbourne

Thought they were the hardest of the three souls games tbh.

noodler wrote: »
    Thought they were the hardest of the three souls games tbh.

Didn't feel like it. Didn't take as many efforts to solo the bosses in this game. Although, after 3 games it's easier to read moves. I'm still crap or not great at PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Found where you allocate your skill points to had a huge effect on how difficult the bosses were and only after reallocating for one of the bosses after advice here was I able to make it past some of them.

I am trying to create the build this guy has but I am clueless with magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrdfvCYohQI&t=299s

I have all the stats and the staff but how do you buff your weapons , how do you actually get your magic in the top square. Whats the caestus for ?

I am trying to create the build this guy has but I am clueless with magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrdfvCYohQI&t=299s

I have all the stats and the staff but how do you buff your weapons , how do you actually get your magic in the top square. Whats the caestus for ?

To get magic in the top square you need to sit at a bonfire and select Attune Spells I think it is, and select the Spell and the Slot. Casting the Spell Crystal Magic Weapon will then buff the swords.

Caestus is presumably just his preferred parrying tool, thats why most people use it

Why are there a load of summon signs outside the pontiff Sulyvahn area, it seems to be some sort of summoning hub. Are these NPC's or actual other players?

• Advertisement

Actual players. Just after the boss is a big dueling area, you summon to fight them

Why are there a load of summon signs outside the pontiff Sulyvahn area, it seems to be some sort of summoning hub. Are these NPC's or actual other players?

Its a PvP heavy zone, people summon on the ledge and then duke it out in the area below, an arena of sorts.. a FIGHT CLUB if you will :)

What are the stat levels +- for players as in if I was at level 200 what level players could I invade or be invaded by?

As a Red Spirit, its your level * 1.1 + 20 up and your level * 0.9 down
    As a mound maker its your level * 1.15 + 20 up and your level * 0.9 down
    As a defending invader its your level * 1.1 up and your level * 0.8 - 20 down

So as a Red Spirit 240-180
    As a Mound Maker 250-180
    Defending Spirit 220-140

It also depends on your weapon upgrades.

It goes off your highest upgraded weapon, and is basically +2 above that. So an invading Red Phantom who's never put a weapon past +2 and at level 200 can invade players level 180-240 who have never upgraded a weapon past +4.

The weapon things is +-2 until level 5, when it becomes +3 to -2, and at +8 it goes from 5 to 10

So if you have a +6 weapon you can invade your level range and weapons from +4 to +9.

Full Calculator Here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

Finding it tough to beat gundyr. Any tips? 1st phase is easy but once he starts second phase he's much more aggressive and don't get enough opportunity to get hits on him. Don't want to waste embers on him as i also have lothric as well and only had a few goes but **** me that's tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wailin wrote: »
    Finding it tough to beat gundyr. Any tips? 1st phase is easy but once he starts second phase he's much more aggressive and don't get enough opportunity to get hits on him. Don't want to waste embers on him as i also have lothric as well and only had a few goes but **** me that's tough.

Iudex Gundyr?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Iudex Gundyr?

No Champion Gundyr. Sorry should have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, he's rough. He's always combo-ing attacks but there are small windows to hit him once or twice after he finishes one.

I don't know how it was for others but I avoided going behind him since he always nailed me with that back kick.

Gave in and used an ember to summon sword master. He took some attention away and killed him handily enough.

• Advertisement

Dont be greedy, dodge and hit and dodge again, dont hit too much, anything more than 1 hit will usually land you on your ass with his counters. Also practice parrying on him, he can destroyed if you get the hang of the parries :D

Advertisement