Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That pic in the Humour thread showing Link getting wrecked in Dark Souls has giving me an awful itch to play a Dark Souls again. Tempted to pick up 3 again as well as the season pass since I never got the 1st DLC and 2nd is due out in a couple of months. Ashes of Ariandel any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah its great, my only issue is that it was too short, i guess we got spoiled with the bloodborne DLC, i was expecting something as grand and as long as that, the DS3 DLC only has two new bosses, but they're great bosses to say the least.

Defo worth picking up if yer a fan of the series.

Picked it up again, knew I had it finished but didn't start a NG+. Loaded it up and I'm standing in front of Hawkwood for a scrap, forgot the Burton's but came back to me fairly quick and finished him off. Can't remember what I might have missed last time but my trophies say I still haven't beaten the nameless king in archdragon peak. I remember going there but can't remember an unbeaten boss.

I'm contemplating between NG+ or trying the 1st DLC. Is there anyway to copy file and use one for dlc and another for NG+.

Also it's so refreshing to play this with again, exceptional gameplay reminded me of how much shyte was released in 2016.

Id do the nameless king and then expansion, then move onto NG+

If you go to NG+ it will be awhile before you can do the expansion and it will be alot harder.

What build are you rocking? if yer not liking it, might be a good time to play a fresh game? I did when the expansion came out, got more from the game again that way

Looked up the Nameless King and the suppressed memories came flooding back. At least now Hawkwood is dead I can hopefully summon some spell casters. I'm rocking a strength build with Wolf Knight set for Artorias nostalgia and great shield. Happy with my build as I always like one handed weapon, great shield and armour that puts me just below the heavy threshold. King, Dlc and NG+ sounds like a plan, might make a copy of the save before NG+ for the 2nd dlc.

Also just saw there was a Prepare to Try season 2 out where the IGN UK lads playthrough the game and it's highly entertaining. Makes me really want to play through the whole thing again.

• Advertisement

Nameless King.... God ****ing damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Git gud casul

He's pretty weak to magic and doesn't like rolling if you can get the dodge timing down.

Magic is for unskilled noobs.

GamesDoneQuick will have ca but speed running this for charity in an hour.

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/820329431411478529

The Nameless King is dead....Long live the King.

Well that was an epic battle and now I'm gasping for more Dark Souls. For anyone interested in the new PS4 game Nioh, there is a free demo on the store now for download and it goes live Saturday morning, ending Sunday night. Last chance to try it before the game launches in February.

406799.jpg

406800.jpg

406801.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The Nameless King is dead....Long live the King.

Good work! Did you play the DLC for DS3? I'm finding it tough as nails.
    Think it could be my character. I've a strength build so I'm slow with an ultragreatsword.
    I've re-rolled a new character on my steam version with high dex and a bleeding katana. A lot more fun.

I haven't yet but gonna get the season pass tonight. I was rocking the Wolf Great sword but after countless deaths against the King, I found I needed a quicker qeapon so went back to the Uchigatana. That and the Dragonslayer Greatshield is an epic combo. I have something like 43 strength and 22 dex, happy out with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Salt and Sanctuary or Hyper Light Drifter might tide you over Zero if you haven't played them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,361 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Furi is a pretty great boss rush game if you want some some similar type boss battles.

Salt and Sanctuary or Hyper Light Drifter might tide you over Zero if you haven't played them

Yeah, I'll get around to Salt & Sanctuary at some point. DS3 DLC tonight/tomorrow, Nioh the weekend, Resi 7 next week and Niof in early Feb should keep me going a while. Will squeeze in the DS3 DLC when ever I can.

I spent the last week fighting The Nameless King for about 30-60 minutes every night. Even though I was just constantly dying and retrying, I still had more enjoyment in that than most AAA games released last year. Dark Souls (and Witcher 3 for different reasons) makes other games look and play like absolute piss. So glad I picked this up again and looking forward to trying and dying in the DLC.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Furi is a pretty great boss rush game if you want some some similar type boss battles.

I thought Furi was good but got bored by the 2nd boss so gave up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i got the crap ending so i just watched them youtube. In ng+ with my pyromancer kind of regret doing ng + because their never seems be any one doing the bosses, that said i have wrecked every boss fairly easy solo even the dancer which surprised me did her after the first one going for the twin princes then il mop up the rest.

I was honestly asking why the **** did I just pay for the dlc, getting done from all angles by wolves, soldiers, trees and bugs. Then I found the 2nd bonfire, thank **** for that. Nothing like Dark Souls to remind you how it owns you anytime you think you're getting good. Met Frieda, all the blood pools around her make it very tempting to give her a lash of my uchi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Oblivoid

I was honestly asking why the **** did I just pay for the dlc, getting done from all angles by wolves, soldiers, trees and bugs. Then I found the 2nd bonfire, thank **** for that. Nothing like Dark Souls to remind you how it owns you anytime you think you're getting good. Met Frieda, all the blood pools around her make it very tempting to give her a lash of my uchi.

Don't underestimate her. I beat her on my second go, but she handed me my ass the first time.

Well she's being nice sitting in her chair for the time being so will go exploring before starting on her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oblivoid wrote: »
    Don't underestimate her. I beat her on my second go, but she handed me my ass the first time.

You beat her on your second try? I find that hard to believe, but impressive if true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Oblivoid

You beat her on your second try? I find that hard to believe, but impressive if true...

Believe it. I was already leveled up to **** anyway so it's not down to me being particularly good or anything, ha ha. It was still hard as hell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

March 28th, nice! Glad I got the season pass. Now to finish Ashes of Ariandel. Ringed City looks very interesting altogether. Wasn't that the backdrop of the final battle in the base game?

GOTY edition releasing April 21st including the DLC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Went back to Ashes tonight.

I dunno what it is, not finding it very interesting. Bit of a slog.

Anyway, met first boss which was Arianna and Frieda.

Killed me in form 2. Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yuck, three forms?

Life's too short.

Summon time.

This dragon head shield looks daycent!

16143431_1399409686798738_3179430955277620051_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=5e7e505f860b9f3877737765250efb22&oe=5915FE61

noodler wrote: »
    Went back to Ashes tonight.

I dunno what it is, not finding it very interesting. Bit of a slog.

Anyway, met first boss which was Arianna and Frieda.

Killed me in form 2. Any tips?

They would be the final boss, theres one other boss. You got some exploring to do :P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This dragon head shield looks daycent!

I never seen that shield before. Is it from the newest DLC? I haven't watched the trailer

Advertisement