Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never seen that shield before. Is it from the newest DLC? I haven't watched the trailer

Yupp new trailer promises "bigger better weapons and locations ". Saw a guy wielding 2 shields that you can hold together to form a big door. Looks class but would be challenging to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

nix wrote: »
    They would be the final boss, theres one other boss. You got some exploring to do :P:pac:

Hmm.

Seems I missed something at the painting depths.

nix wrote: »
    They would be the final boss, theres one other boss. You got some exploring to do :P:pac:

Found the untended grave champion and wolf.

Easiest boss fight I can remember for quite a while.

Is there something I can do with the Ashes now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I want to get a game later and it's a toss up between this and Bloodborne. Which should I go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This has more active online, Bloodborne is arguably a better game.

I prefer Bloodborne and would recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

This has more active online, Bloodborne is arguably a better game.

I prefer Bloodborne and would recommend it

Cool, thanks. I was leaning more towards Bloodborne but just wanted to get the opinions of people who had played both. I never bother with online play with any game. Don't know why, just never appealed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

SteoL wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. I was leaning more towards Bloodborne but just wanted to get the opinions of people who had played both. I never bother with online play with any game. Don't know why, just never appealed to me.

I far prefer Dark Souls 3. Way more variety in weapons and armour, in Bloodborne I used the starting gear to the end of the game.

You should try online play, even if it's just to help people take on bosses before you try them or if you're stuck on a boss there'll be more people to call on. I was the same as you when I played demon Souls and dark Souls 1, never bothered with invading or duelling but it's what brings me back to the game now. Dark Souls 3 online is far superior to Bloodborne's even if Bloodborne had the same number of people playing it.

I much preferred this to Bloodborne. BB is a great game but overall I think Dark Souls 3 is the better game.

Theres no better feeling that being invaded by some AH at a cheap spot like the nameless king area and them getting what you are up to , letting you do what you need to do and prepare for fisticuffs.

The invasion
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17022994

The aftermath
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/17024090

I had a few of these in DS3 and then I have like 50 AH's looking for a cheap kill. I really couldn;t play DS without these moments though and play offline.

Blackflame getting on my absolute tits here.

I get her down to half whilst gale is there as a distraction but once he bites the dust I can't get any sort of rythem or momentum going at 1v1.

I had 9 flasks left when Gale died just now she had a third health left and I still couldn't get over the line. Just non stop blitz.

Murasame was too slow so switched to a Chaos Blade +5 for bleed. Also threw on the lightning clutch ring hoping I could get lightning and bleed damage.

First two phases are absolute cakewalks at this stage but the only clean counter I can get on Blackflame is when she jumps up and blackflame allowing me to roll behind for the backstabbing.

Does summoning Gale increase her HP? Might try it without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Wailin

noodler wrote: »
    Blackflame getting on my absolute tits

Who?

Wailin wrote: »
    Who?

I assume it's Sister Friede ??? Summon the NPC you should be ok and take note of opportunities of free shots in the 3rd phase. You absolutely can't get greedy with the swings if melee. You need to know when to hit and how many you can have before getting away.

Second phase you are using the NPC to keep her busy while you deal with Father whats his name.

I assume it's Sister Friede ??? Summon the NPC you should be ok and take note of opportunities of free shots in the 3rd phase. You absolutely can't get greedy with the swings if melee. You need to know when to hit and how many you can have before getting away.

Second phase you are using the NPC to keep her busy while you deal with Father whats his name.

Yeah Blackflame Friede.

Second phases is a piece of piss in fairness.

I'll have to resort to YouTube to find openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Complete latecomer and Dark Souls 'noob' here, and probably repeating stuff said numerous times.

Bought this last week when it was €22 in Argos with no idea of it beyond the 'difficult' tag thinking I'd blow through it in a week before going back to work....been stuck at the bonfire on the Tower of the Wall of Lothric for the past two days :D with my 7 year old repeatedly telling me to 'Git Gud' when I die (had to google what that was about).

Admittedly I am only getting an hour here and there between baby feeds and the other kids looking to play the Xbox, and have had one restart already when I felt I was getting a better grasp of the game but am really enjoying it. Normally the constant restarts would have me restraining myself from flinging the controller but here it's only every now and again when you lose health stupidly. The rewarding feeling for actually progressing past a section you've been stuck on is great. Have currently made it past the 'chunky' knight in the court yard but not a bonfire in sight.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Complete latecomer and Dark Souls 'noob' here, and probably repeating stuff said numerous times.

Bought this last week when it was €22 in Argos with no idea of it beyond the 'difficult' tag thinking I'd blow through it in a week before going back to work....been stuck at the bonfire on the Tower of the Wall of Lothric for the past two days :D with my 7 year old repeatedly telling me to 'Git Gud' when I die (had to google what that was about).

Admittedly I am only getting an hour here and there between baby feeds and the other kids looking to play the Xbox, and have had one restart already when I felt I was getting a better grasp of the game but am really enjoying it. Normally the constant restarts would have me restraining myself from flinging the controller but here it's only every now and again when you lose health stupidly. The rewarding feeling for actually progressing past a section you've been stuck on is great. Have currently made it past the 'chunky' knight in the court yard but not a bonfire in sight.

There's boss around there.

There's a shortcut that area which makes getting back to it easier.

Cheers, I am trying to avoid using guides and walkthroughs but did look at one as I wasn't sure if you're supposed to go right or left at the beginning of the level and did notice the mention of a short cut and seen it mentioned in a few in game messages but never noticed it.

After defeating the knight in the courtyard I went through the archway and there were two knights off to the left, I am guessing that's where the boss is as I went right which brought me up some stairs towards an elevator and away from the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Turtyturd wrote:
    Bought this last week when it was €22 in Argos with no idea of it beyond the 'difficult' tag thinking I'd blow through it in a week before going back to work....been stuck at the bonfire on the Tower of the Wall of Lothric for the past two days with my 7 year old repeatedly telling me to 'Git Gud' when I die (had to google what that was about).

As good as DS3 is, you should have gotten a free copy of DS1 to try next. Lucky you!

Turns out the direction I took up the Elevator opened the shortcut. Two more days of having my arse handed to me by Knights and Vordt and I finally defeated him just in time to go back to work tomorrow and not have the time to pump into it again for weeks. :(

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Turns out the direction I took up the Elevator opened the shortcut. Two more days of having my arse handed to me by Knights and Vordt and I finally defeated him just in time to go back to work tomorrow and not have the time to pump into it again for weeks. :(

Should have let us tell you!

Blackflame getting on my absolute tits here.

I get her down to half whilst gale is there as a distraction but once he bites the dust I can't get any sort of rythem or momentum going at 1v1.

I had 9 flasks left when Gale died just now she had a third health left and I still couldn't get over the line. Just non stop blitz.

Murasame was too slow so switched to a Chaos Blade +5 for bleed. Also threw on the lightning clutch ring hoping I could get lightning and bleed damage.

First two phases are absolute cakewalks at this stage but the only clean counter I can get on Blackflame is when she jumps up and blackflame allowing me to roll behind for the backstabbing.

Does summoning Gale increase her HP? Might try it without him.

Did it just there solo (well with Gale) on NG+!

Delighted.

• Advertisement

My God Friede is a big bag of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My God Friede is a big bag of balls.

What a fight though, right? Probably the best fight in the Soul's series.

On that note, is there any other game or series of games that does boss fights better than Souls? I have a hard time thinking of even one that is close

What a fight though, right? Probably the best fight in the Soul's series.

On that note, is there any other game or series of games that does boss fights better than Souls? I have a hard time thinking of even one that is close

DS 3, whilst unable to match the world or interconnecting worlds Ioved so much about the first one, Deffo has the best bosses.

I spent an age on Dancer, Dragon slayer Armour, King of Lothric, Namesless King and Lord of Cinder.

Not to mention my recent Frieda battle.

AW yeah the boss battles were epic and it's refreshing in an age of games just not having bosses or if they do, there will be giant glowing orbs showing their weak points. 3rd phrase Frieda is ridiculous. Give me nameless king solo any day. I've read bleed damage is effective so might lob bleed onto my +10 uchigatana. I tried a summon and the fecking eejit got one shotted during the 1st phase.

AW yeah the boss battles were epic and it's refreshing in an age of games just not having bosses or if they do, there will be giant glowing orbs showing their weak points. 3rd phrase Frieda is ridiculous. Give me nameless king solo any day. I've read bleed damage is effective so might lob bleed onto my +10 uchigatana. I tried a summon and the fecking eejit got one shotted during the 1st phase.

I have a Chaos Blade +5 which bleeds automatically.

The first and second phases become an absolute cakewalk.

Once you isolate Father A in 2nd phase the bleed damage is ridiculous and that phase can be over in 45-60 secs.

In phase three, I admit I never got into a long winded battle that I won. When I eventually managed it - it was through pure aggression and Gale managing to keep her distracted at key moments.

Put the chaos blade to +5 but it never causes bleed and not a patch on my uchi :( saying that, im still wrecking Frieda in phase 1 and phase 2 is handy with Gael. Phase 3 is gonna take some time.

Put the chaos blade to +5 but it never causes bleed and not a patch on my uchi :( saying that, im still wrecking Frieda in phase 1 and phase 2 is handy with Gael. Phase 3 is gonna take some time.

Seems to take 4+ hits in reasonable succession. You'll notice it more on Father A.

It seems to me that four one handers beat four two handers, about impact rather than damage.

I only bothered two handing when she was getting up. I dunno if I could have done it if Gale didn't survive til phase three.

Saying that, he usually died before she was down to 2/3 health.

Ah I've been giving 2 lashes and legging it, not enough to inflict bleed, will hand around a bit longer especially in phase 2.

Friede is toast, albeit with some jolly co-operation but I wanted to get back to Yakuza 0 at some point. Somewhat redeemed myself by beating Champion Gravetender solo on 1st attempt and now I see there is some kind of undead PvP arena?

Also, manager to capture this pic of Graventenders arena showing that the swirling petals are actually little hearts AAAWWWWW

408984.jpg

• Advertisement

Friede is toast, albeit with some jolly co-operation but I wanted to get back to Yakuza 0 at some point. Somewhat redeemed myself by beating Champion Gravetender solo on 1st attempt and now I see there is some kind of undead PvP arena?

Also, manager to capture this pic of Graventenders arena showing that the swirling petals are actually little hearts AAAWWWWW

408984.jpg

Cheater!

She's a good boss fight. Didn't love the doc as much as others did. Not a patch on painted world from DS1.

Alot of hopes pinned on ringed city.

Advertisement