Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I mean.... I completely did it solo, didn't even need that eejit Gael :cool:

Reading some Ringed City previews yesterday, sounds like a throwback to the whole series, sounding epic so far, really looking forward to it.

I like how the painting lady talks about her painting and I'm guessing it turns out to be the painting in DKS 1. ***** timelines

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I mean.... I completely did it solo, didn't even need that eejit Gael :cool:

Reading some Ringed City previews yesterday, sounds like a throwback to the whole series, sounding epic so far, really looking forward to it.

I like how the painting lady talks about her painting and I'm guessing it turns out to be the painting in DKS 1. ***** timelines

I thought there were three, the ds 1 painted world, this one and now she'll make a new one.

noodler wrote: »
    I thought there were three, the ds 1 painted world, this one and now she'll make a new one.

Ah, makes more sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

There's a short cut in ds3 I could never find. Up the steps of central irithyll to the left there's a door that won't open from that side. How do you get to the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

There's a short cut in ds3 I could never find. Up the steps of central irithyll to the left there's a door that won't open from that side. How do you get to the other side

There's a hidden path/entrance that leads to it. It's on a slightly raised section that has a crystal lizard, you've to attack the railing.

Around where numbers 1 and 2 are on this map

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Irithyll+of+the+Boreal+Valley#map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This weeks update for Dark Souls 3 will include a PS4 Pro enhancement for better frame rates!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354121

Delighted!
    Made system updates for The Ringed City.
    Increased frame rate for gameplay on PlayStation®4 Pro.
    2 New maps added to Undead Match, Dragon Ruins and Grand Roof.
    Added function to Undead Match where, if password matching is used, players can split into teams.
    Added function to Undead Match that allows one team of players to match with one password, and the other team to match with another password.
    Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu.
    Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field.
    Fixed issue where the loading screen was displayed for longer than usual when the guest returned to his/her own world after an online multiplayer session.
    Fixed issue in "The Painted World of Ariandel" where the opened/closed status of the door to the Cleansing Chapel did not synched properly during online multiplayer session.
    Fixed issue where a guest could enter alone into the boss room for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley during online multiplayer session.
    Fixed issue where the level sync feature in Undead Match did not synched consistently during online multiplayer session.
    Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host's side during online multiplayer session.
    Fixed issue when player using the miracle Tears of Denial doesn’t get attacked during online multiplayer session.
    Fixed issue where weapons and items sent to the box get corrupted when inventory is full.
    Fixed icons that specify which certain items are for which gender. (ex. Chain Armor).
    Improved attack power for Shortsword. In accordance with this fix, critical hit is decreased in order to make critical power the same as present.
    Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
    Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
    Improved attack power for Curved Greatswords.
    Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
    Improved motion of shield bash skill. In accordance with this fix, stamina consumption has been reduced.
    Improved motion of Dagger's Blind Spot skill.
    Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt's Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede's Great Scythe.
    Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Hammer and Follower Sabre.
    Improved motion of Crescent Moon Sword's skill, Crescent Blade.
    Improved the motion of Moonlight Greatswords’s skill, Moonlight Vortex.
    Improved FP recovery effect of Executioner's Greatsword.
    Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill.
    Improved FP decrease effect of Yorshka’s Spear skill, Pacify.
    Improved motion and the frost effect of Pontiff Knight Great Scythe skill.
    Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
    Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.
    Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
    Disabled parry during Pickaxe's two-handed attack.
    Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
    Fixed issue where attack power of some bolts was different from the assumed value when using Avelyn.
    Fixed issue where one-handed attack motion of Crow Talons was the incorrectly using the animation for the Fists.
    Fixed issue where player can apply enchantment of Bloodlust to other weapons.
    Fixed so that poise is applied during Spin Sweep attack.
    Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
    Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade.
    Increased rate at which bleeding builds up when using a reduced bleeding build-up.
    Decreased rate at which bleeding builds up before using a reduced bleeding build-up.
    Increased rate at which poison builds up when using a reduced poison build-up.
    Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined or Hollowed weapons' upgrade.
    Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.
    Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
    Extended time when using the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys' Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.
    Fixed issue where bonus value is not affected by Dark Damage when equipping Hornet Ring during critical attack.
    Improved attack power and decreased duration of poison and poison effects players use.
    Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

This weeks update for Dark Souls 3 will include a PS4 Pro enhancement for better frame rates!

30fps? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

DLC in 22 hours hype! The last piece of Dark Souls content EVER. Don't know anything about the DLC other than if being called "The Ringed City" and haven't played the game since the last DLC. Its gonna be rough...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

DLC in 22 hours hype! The last piece of Dark Souls content EVER. Don't know anything about the DLC other than if being called "The Ringed City" and haven't played the game since the last DLC. Its gonna be rough...

I started one of DS2 DLC's last night...jesus they're awkward to get to.
    Goin under Black Gulch to get a Dragon's Tooth to use at a place under Mejula.
    How could you possibly know to do that if not for a wiki....(anyways I don't like the area atm...Shura's or something)

Very interested to see where/how the dlc will start. Didn't wat the launch trailer as From stated it contains spoilers. Really looking forward to this!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still haven't gotten around to playing the first DLC.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I started one of DS2 DLC's last night...jesus they're awkward to get to.
    Goin under Black Gulch to get a Dragon's Tooth to use at a place under Mejula.
    How could you possibly know to do that if not for a wiki....(anyways I don't like the area atm...Shura's or something)

All the DLC areas in all Dark Souls are like a mini puzzle in how to get to them. I think Bloodborne and DS3 are more forgiving and easier to figure out.

I really liked Shulva. All 3 DS2 DLC areas feel like a big step up in quality in every aspect from the base game. That being said they ain't Old Hunters or Artorias of the Abyss good, but they are decent if you are enjoying DS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So from what time our time can we play it exactly?

nix wrote: »
    So from what time our time can we play it exactly?

10pm tonight according to steam. No idea if consoles get the same release time.

Just checked, looks like midnight for PS4, which im on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Do we have any idea yet about how the DLC is accessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

https://www.destructoid.com/here-s-how-to-access-dark-souls-iii-s-the-ringed-city-dlc-427172.phtml

New bonfires at either Kiln of the Fire Flame or Sister Friede either will take you to it apparantly

Paleblood wrote: »
    Do we have any idea yet about how the DLC is accessed?
    The Ringed City DLC is accessed by traveling to Kiln of the First Flame, and finding a new bonfire before Soul of Cinder that transports you to the DLC location. There is also a bonfire you can find in the Painted World of Ariandel, in the chapel by Sister Friede.
    The area is recommended for levels 100+

What builds everybody going forward for this expansion?

I started preping a character a few weeks back, the idea was to go forward with Sister friedes scythe. While cool i felt i was trading blows alot and frankly just playing too recklessly :D so decided to go back to my fav build. The Anri sword and board build.

C'mon the ringed city!! I'll getcha! :pac:

Will stick with my wolfknight great sword and Havel great shield. Looks like the dlc will have a lot of new weapons and armour so going to find something cool and level it up. Strength\Dex build, just how I like it.

• Advertisement

What builds everybody going forward for this expansion?

I started preping a character a few weeks back, the idea was to go forward with Sister friedes scythe. While cool i felt i was trading blows alot and frankly just playing too recklessly :D so decided to go back to my fav build. The Anri sword and board build.

C'mon the ringed city!! I'll getcha! :pac:

Was going to make a new run through the game leading up to the release but didn't get around to it. I only have 1 character on PC a Chaos Knight with the Flaming 2hand Demon Axe, Pyro spells and some other Flame 2 hander sword. Depending on how good the DLC is i might take another character through the game.

Just picked up one of the first weapons in the DLC right near the start, a dagger. Man its WA is so cool i want to create a character built around it. Awesome

just done the first boss, 3 attempts, sweet sweet 1am adrenaline :pac:

just done the first boss, 3 attempts, sweet sweet 1am adrenaline :pac:

Just had my first attempt at it. Was thinking this is kinda easy at first........nothings easy in Dark Souls :D

Every single mob in this so far was created just to troll, Christ!

I started NG+ in DS3 last week.

Will I be able to access the DLC...or do I have to play through for a good bit...and at that time will be DLC be in NG+ too ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I started NG+ in DS3 last week.

Will I be able to access the DLC...or do I have to play through for a good bit...and at that time will be DLC be in NG+ too ?

You will need to
    get up to the end of the game or end of the DLC to access it and so far its pretty hard

You will need to
    get up to the end of the game or end of the DLC to access it and so far its pretty hard

So basically play from the start of NG+ or start again as new.

As for builds, I always go Dark Knight Sword and a shield. Actually have full Dark Knight armor on too. I fell in love at the start of DS1 when I came across him in the undead Burg

Trying to remember what saves I have. Think my only viable one is late on in NG++ and in need of a respec after some messing around last time I played.

Though I don't think I played the Ashes DLC on that NG so that might be my best option? Or thinking about it now if I have all the achievements I'd have had to have got to the access point for Ringed City
    Kiln of first flame.
    wouldn't I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Reasonable reviews.

Looking for to trying it.

Advertisement