Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished the second DLC. In terms of length its about the same as the first DLC. I'd put it on par in terms of quality with the first. Maybe abit below as i really like the setting and theme of the first DLC. There also seems to be more armour/weapons and items in this one compared to the first maybe even double the amount, gonna back track through the area to see if i missed anything.
    I found the bosses quite stale to be honest bar the Demon Prince. Gael feels alot like your standard fast moving humanoid that we have all seen before in the other games. The Dragon looks amazing but it can seem impossible until you find you can manipulate his movement/attacks by standing a certain distance from him. You can then pretty much get him into a rhythm of doing the same moves over and over with some variations. Not a fun fight at all. Demon Prince was a great fight. One of my favourite in the series so far

I found the areas harder than the bosses :D Some really tough regular enemies with high amounts of HP and damage. Overall great DLC. Can't wait for the Vaati Video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just finished the second DLC. In terms of length its about the same as the first DLC. I'd put it on par in terms of quality with the first. Maybe abit below as i really like the setting and theme of the first DLC. There also seems to be more armour/weapons and items in this one compared to the first maybe even double the amount, gonna back track through the area to see if i missed anything.
    I found the bosses quite stale to be honest bar the Demon Prince. Gael feels alot like your standard fast moving humanoid that we have all seen before in the other games. The Dragon looks amazing but it can seem impossible until you find you can manipulate his movement/attacks by standing a certain distance from him. You can then pretty much get him into a rhythm of doing the same moves over and over with some variations. Not a fun fight at all. Demon Prince was a great fight. One of my favourite in the series so far

I found the areas harder than the bosses :D Some really tough regular enemies with high amounts of HP and damage. Overall great DLC. Can't wait for the Vaati Video :D

The dragon fight is horse****, Ghael was a fun fight, the dragon though is just zero fun. takes **** all damage and his move set is bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Any as tough as soloing Friede?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

****. Forgot about this DLC. May load up the game again at the weekend. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on the 2nd bonfire and the DLC is kicking my ass :pac:

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Any as tough as soloing Friede?

No. Friede is the hardest boss in the game in my opinion. Theres one boss that seems very strong only because he has some cheap moves, but his AI can be manipulated into making the fight a long drawn out process which is both easy and boring. If you don't purposefully cheese him he will cheese you 2 attacks that will always hit you unless your positioned correctly. And if you position correctly its very close to cheesing him. LOL :pac::pac::pac: Man they really ****ed up with the AI on this boss fight. Its such a disappointment

Didn't have the patience to solo demon Prince, bit of a hp sponge.

Had to Summon.

Feels like it's only really starting once you enter the city.

Always disappointed to see them spam like mad in the dlc.

I felt DS1 avoided that, haven't played Old Hunters yet, but DS 2 and this just increase HP across the board and have you face 6+ at a time.

I mean, who bothers? All your doing is encouraging you to run by without properly appreciation of the scenery clues and items.

Sad.

Always disappointed to see them spam like mad in the dlc.

I felt DS1 avoided that, haven't played Old Hunters yet, but DS 2 and this just increase HP across the board and have you face 6+ at a time.

I mean, who bothers? All your doing is encouraging you to run by without properly appreciation of the scenery clues and items.

Sad.
    Are you talking about the gauntlet area on the massive staircase with the 7 or so fat dudes? Yeah that's rough, but if you plunge attack them it one hit kills them.

Also if you thought the first boss was a damage sponge, then you ain't seen nothing yet :D

Are you talking about the gauntlet area on the massive staircase with the 7 or so fat dudes? Yeah that's rough, but if you plunge attack them it one hit kills them.

Also if you thought the first boss was a damage sponge, then you ain't seen nothing yet :D

Yeah, did that once was a cool animation.

Yeah, I worry about what comes next boss wise...

• Advertisement

**** those ****ing angels and my lack of ranged attacks :mad:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    **** those ****ing angels and my lack of ranged attacks :mad:

Never dealt with them. Just ran.

Never dealt with them. Just ran.

I'm stuck at the bit in the poison swamp going up and around the trees, i have a feeling I keep going to dead end places for loot. I just want out of the ****ing place.

I'm stuck at the bit in the poison swamp going up and around the trees, i have a feeling I keep going to dead end places for loot. I just want out of the ****ing place.

Have you got past the desert pyro? At that point I just legged it straight and right.

Have you got past the desert pyro? At that point I just legged it straight and right.

Just past the pro, the tree branch good out over the swamp and surprise surprise the ****ing angel is back but now I have nowhere to hide. Havel's shield doesn't last long and even legging it, she manages to get me as the branch is narrow. I'll get it eventually but chriiiiiiist what an annoying bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

There are 3 different angels (2 in the swamp area), and they all have a "summoner" that once you kill once doesnt respawn and neither does the angel. Hunt out the summoners for an easy life

Thanks man, gonna kick some summoner ass.

Just past the pro, the tree branch good out over the swamp and surprise surprise the ****ing angel is back but now I have nowhere to hide. Havel's shield doesn't last long and even legging it, she manages to get me as the branch is narrow. I'll get it eventually but chriiiiiiist what an annoying bit.

I made three runs at it, the third time I survived.

Theres plenty more annoying to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'm still playing through NG+ from the start (I stupidly started an NG+ 2 days before DLC release)....just beat Yhorn, the Namless King, and the Dancer last night...on my way to Lothric Castle now.
    (I never fought Nameless king first time around, only this time on NG+.....fck me is he cool. First phase gave me a lot more trouble than the 2nd phase )

Completed NG+ , managed to Kill Cinder on 1st try...went to buy DLC...credit card blocked. Gonna have to get onto the phone to AIB later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

edited, cant do spoilers

• Advertisement

Just got the DLC, these Angels are ruining the game. It's not fun....at all.
    Finally got past em...now I dropped down after the bonfire and..
    thought I was great killing em both first time, then I got stuck with the fire one...and he had some thing where it rained meteors...1 shotted me. I'll try kill fire guy first next time and fight the other form instead

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭GeorgeStobort

Do I still have to pay for this new dlc if I got a season pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Do I still have to pay for this new dlc if I got a season pass

No, but you have to search for the DLC in the store to download it separately. It should come up as "Free" for you (assuming you're on PS).

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Just got the DLC, these Angels are ruining the game. It's not fun....at all.
    Finally got past em...now I dropped down after the bonfire and..
    thought I was great killing em both first time, then I got stuck with the fire one...and he had some thing where it rained meteors...1 shotted me. I'll try kill fire guy first next time and fight the other form instead

I seen alot of hate for the angels online but in truth they didn't cause me too much trouble. There are always places to hide from them and sometimes they turn their backs too you and don't shoot. The hardest part of the DLC was the section on the massive staircase. I ended up running through to find the next bonfire then back tracking to get collectables and kill everyone

Iron Dragonslayer
    is there in the swamp, basically a mini-boss and you get his armor if you beat him

I found 2 summoners in one run and then found the 3rd bonfire so didn't even need to get the summoners by then. Solo'd the boss fight handy enough and then the demon prince kicked in, should have known better...

I'm eager to play the new DLC. Continues a saved game I had in new game plus 1 . All 3 Lords of cinder are dead but the key isn't outside the entrance to the grand archieves. Anyone know what I need to do

I'm eager to play the new DLC. Continues a saved game I had in new game plus 1 . All 3 Lords of cinder are dead but the key isn't outside the entrance to the grand archieves. Anyone know what I need to do

What key is this ?

SeantheMan wrote: »
    What key is this ?

I was wrong yhorm wasn't dead . About to start the dlc now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Those 6 massive dudes on the big staircase are an absolute joke. Spend ages getting rid of the first three with tedious running around to the bridge to try and get a drop attack, only for 3 more to spawn at the bottom is head wrecking. Sections like this feel so cheap and nothing but an estus drain for the sake of it.

Advertisement