Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I seen alot of hate for the angels online but in truth they didn't cause me too much trouble. There are always places to hide from them and sometimes they turn their backs too you and don't shoot. The hardest part of the DLC was the section on the massive staircase. I ended up running through to find the next bonfire then back tracking to get collectables and kill everyone

If you are observant you can see where the parasite spawns when the angel spawns and make a beeline there going from cover to cover. The only exception is the second angel as the parasite spawns out of sight and you only get to kill it once you are past that angel. That one is pretty easy to avoid though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,364 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That bit in the DLC that I'm at at the moment, the stairs leading down to the swamp and the side area. That bit can go **** itself with a spiky baseball bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That bit in the DLC that I'm at at the moment, the stairs leading down to the swamp and the side area. That bit can go **** itself with a spiky baseball bat.

I just sprinted past it, and kept sprinting ...hoping to find a bonfire...and I did.

I'm gonna throw it out there and say the final boss
    is probably the hardest I've faced in a long time in the Souls series, prob in my top 3 hardest...maybe no.1. I don't know if it's cause I'm NG+ or what the difference in his health/attack would normally be, but his 3rd phase is relentless with little to no chance to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone else finding it tough to get back to souls games after some time with Nioh?
    I'm constantly chugging estus when I want to attack :(

Anyone else finding it tough to get back to souls games after some time with Nioh?

Similar problem when I started bloodborn last night I'm used to xbox so every time it said on screen to press X I instinctively hit square on the ps4 pad wasting all my molotovs I had assigned to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

you said it. Need a fix after finishing Nioh and tried a bit of BB and DS1 and couoldn't get used to it. Roll on Nioh dlc!
    I think I now prefer the buttons for attack rather than the bumpers or maybe it's just I'm more used to it now.

Did it, done...all DLC bosses dead. The relief....hands were shaking near the end of the fight.
    GREED killed me so many times...just going for that extra hit...only for him to punish me so severely. But it's over now :D
    I can relax for a while, ....till NG++ :p

I do have Bloodborne sat on my PS4 to get back into though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,830 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Such a great DLC. Finally made it down the swamp, met an old friend, ran away from said old friend. Met a dragon, ran away from dragon..twice. wrecked a few NPC's, got wrecked by a few NPC's, got wrecked by a mimic and gave the boss in the church a few goes. Might go back and kill the dragon before going further.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Such a great DLC. Finally made it down the swamp, met an old friend, ran away from said old friend. Met a dragon, ran away from dragon..twice. wrecked a few NPC's, got wrecked by a few NPC's, got wrecked by a mimic and gave the boss in the church a few goes. Might go back and kill the dragon before going further.

I'm exactly where you are.

Killed the old friend in the swamp.

Killed the dragon although cheesed might be a better word. Terrible design!

Got to the church and was ganged like mad. Delighted for it though. Couldn't handle another HP sponge boss, this much more interesting.

That area prior looked exact like the Catacombs..

Oh my, that's some health bar on the last boss.

Im doing 250 a swing but still barely chipping away.

Says he is weak to frost but haven't noticed with the irytll rapier.

Any tips on poisoning him effectively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Had just finished the DLC with a NG+ char at around SL120. Was playing a STR build. Built a new PC over the Easter and accidentally deleted my Darks Souls 3 saves :(

No answer to it other than start the game from the start and build that pyromancer I always wanted :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is nearly finished this now...
    Louser...
    Showed me places I'd not found...
    "Look dad", he said, "the Untended Graves... You didn't see it before because you haven't got the achievement"
    Little git....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He went and finished it today, got the darkest ending as well, but no achievement notice because he killed that poor Firekeeper.
    Serves him right!

Now he's onto Demon's Souls... good luck to him!

He's now finished more Souls title than me :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He went and finished it today, got the darkest ending as well, but no achievement notice because he killed that poor Firekeeper.
    Serves him right!

Now he's onto Demon's Souls... good luck to him!

He's now finished more Souls title than me :(

Did he do the DLC (Ringed City) ?
    Also did he make it to Archdragon Peak and fight the Nameless King ?
    I honestly think the final boss in the Ringed City is the hardest of any of the Souls games so far.

Still stuck on Gale - feels harder than Lady Friede.

noodler wrote: »
    Still stuck on Gale - feels harder than Lady Friede.

First time I fought him it was on NG+ , dude had so much health...and I wanted to do it solo...so I refrained from summoning in anyone to help.

I've completed the game for NG++ ..but he is the last boss again before I light the fire. I've died to him about 10 times...including when I summon in..because of his ridiculous health pool at NG++ and the fact summoning people add to his health.

I need his Soul though to unlock that crossbow :P

I can do about 270 with if I lightening resin my Masaume +10.

Bar sticking another 10 levels into Dex - I'm not too sure.

Poison did work but seems so intermittant. Is number of hits or level of damage most important for poison? Might keep a poison rapier on hand if its hits.

Wiki said weak to frost but havent had success with that (havent noticed like I did with Dragonslayer Armour anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Roughly how long is the DLC on this? I got the GOTY edition, is it worth the extra euros?

Roughly how long is the DLC on this? I got the GOTY edition, is it worth the extra euros?

Yeah it's worth it.

Ringed city was more fun but the Main Ashes fight is one of the best in the series.

I'd say 7 hours each. But that really depends how long you get stuck on a boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah it's worth it.

Ringed city was more fun but the Main Ashes fight is one of the best in the series.

I'd say 7 hours each. But that really depends how long you get stuck on a boss.

Thanks, sounds like it was worth the price. Knowing me it'll be 70 hours each. Read somewhere Bloodborne is 40 hours in total. My first profile clocked up 57 hours and I was only at Vicar Amelia haha. Not sure how long second profile is yet, not as bad but she's still handing me my arse every time.

• Advertisement

• For some reason I sold this after I was half way through :/
    Going to pick up the GOTY edition (It's a daaacent price in Argos)
    I hope I still have my saves :/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    For some reason I sold this after I was half way through :/
    Going to pick up the GOTY edition (It's a daaacent price in Argos)
    I hope I still have my saves :/

Just start again, the game itself is short compared to the others...and worth goin through again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I played through a fe time's and started again last weekend and will probably do so again when I pick up the GOTY edition with the DLC ha!

• Can somebody tell me what the ashen estuary flask is for again and how to use it. I resumed my game 10 hours in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Can somebody tell me what the ashen estuary flask is for again and how to use it. I resumed my game 10 hours in
    Restores MP.

• Evade wrote: »
    Restores MP.

What's that for? Spells only? My character is just setup to use weapons from what I'm remembering

What's that for? Spells only? My character is just setup to use weapons from what I'm remembering
    Some of the weapon abilities use it too. If you go to the blacksmith you can change ashen to regular and vice versa, it's the "allot estus option."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The Weapon Arts use it too

• Evade wrote: »
    Some of the weapon abilities use it too. If you go to the blacksmith you can change ashen to regular and vice versa, it's the "allot estus option."

Ok cool, starting to come back to me. ****ing game is harder than I remember. Cleansing chapel boss (**** load of priest dudes) pissing me off

• Advertisement

Ok cool, starting to come back to me. ****ing game is harder than I remember. Cleansing chapel boss (**** load of priest dudes) pissing me off
    Focus on the possessed one.

Advertisement