Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    A question on the DLC. If I finish the main game I am I screwed?? As in do I need to start New game plus and get to certain point?

No, when you finish the main game you get the option to END it and start NG+, you can just choose no. You can do the DLC before the final boss too or after as long as you don't START NG+.
    Lads can I just consume all the boss souls I have or is it worth keeping them?
    Talk to the midget on the throne at Firelink shrine, you give him the transposition kiln or something.
    There are some good weapons and one of the best rings...Havels ring...increases equip load.
    You need to trade the Stray Demon soul for it. (Stray Demon is on top of that tower in the bog, with the big dead wolf in it)
    The thought is , you can always get more souls, but never more boss souls, so don't just waste em.
    Beat him. Now i'm at an area where i keep getting invaded by Dark Spirits. ARGHHHHHHHH!!:D

That area is known as being a "fightclub". Basically where people will come to fight, and also there are 2 covenants there....that are always being summoned in to fight.
    One covenant (Aldrich) has members specifically being summoned out of their normal games to come and stop you making it to the top.

Turn off Online Matchmaking and start Offline for this part....as honestly it could take you ages as PVP is much different to PVE and their builds etc are made for it and it can get annoying real quick.

Lol where? I'm at the same point now

Exactly where are ye mick or what bonfire, and what was the last boss ye killed and I can help ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Beat him. Now i'm at an area where i keep getting invaded by Dark Spirits. ARGHHHHHHHH!!:D

I was Embered up, that was the problem. Got to Aldrich and got my ass handed to me. Will resume this evening.

• SeantheMan wrote: »
    No, when you finish the main game you get the option to END it and start NG+, you can just choose no. You can do the DLC before the final boss too or after as long as you don't START NG+.

Talk to the midget on the throne at Firelink shrine, you give him the transposition kiln or something.
    There are some good weapons and one of the best rings...Havels ring...increases equip load.
    You need to trade the Stray Demon soul for it. (Stray Demon is on top of that tower in the bog, with the big dead wolf in it)
    The thought is , you can always get more souls, but never more boss souls, so don't just waste em.

That area is known as being a "fightclub". Basically where people will come to fight, and also there are 2 covenants there....that are always being summoned in to fight.
    One covenant (Aldrich) has members specifically being summoned out of their normal games to come and stop you making it to the top.

Turn off Online Matchmaking and start Offline for this part....as honestly it could take you ages as PVP is much different to PVE and their builds etc are made for it and it can get annoying real quick.
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    Exactly where are ye mick or what bonfire, and what was the last boss ye killed and I can help ye.

Thanks for this, I figured out where to go. I'm currently stuck on that Boss in the City (Pontiff Sulyvahn)
    Probably the most frustrating boss I have faced so far :/

In relation to the boss souls I don't see the the midget (not sure if politically correct!) on the throne at Firelink shrine oddly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I was never able to run this game on anything other than the lowest of the low visual settings. Was cursing my video card and wondering what to buy to improve things.

Then, I cleaned the CPU fan and now can run most of the settings on Medium and a few on Max :D *smacks forehead*

• Advertisement

Thanks for this, I figured out where to go. I'm currently stuck on that Boss in the City (Pontiff Sulyvahn)
    Probably the most frustrating boss I have faced so far :/

In relation to the boss souls I don't see the the midget (not sure if politically correct!) on the throne at Firelink shrine oddly enough

In the 2nd phase his shadow thing telegraphs the attack he'll use next.

Midget Lord is on the throne to the left of the centre one.
    No 2 if you are facing them straight on.
    Walk around the back of the chairs and drop beside him...you'll get an option to talk to him

• SeantheMan wrote: »

If you chose the no option and complete the DLC, can you then decide to play New game+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If you chose the no option and complete the DLC, can you then decide to play New game+ ?

Yes, it gives you the option at the hub bonfire.

As Nix said, you can do all the side stuff and choose to start NG+ whenever you feel like it.
    There is no way you'll start it by mistake. It's a clear option to start fresh and it will warn you.
    (NG+ is a lot of fun btw, you kind of know where to go, most enemies are easier..bosses a little harder...and ye don't have to try level up all items etc)

Btw, if you pi$$ed away some level ups, there is a possibility to respec your character midgame. There is a lady you can talk to who will let you reallocate you points ;)

• Piss off Aldrich

• Advertisement

Exactly where I am. Think I'm going to have to summon help.

Why not summon each other ?
    You both on the same console or PC ?

**For Aldrich it's best to be agressive, just go ham as much as you can, when she misses with her lunge attack she will be down for ages. The only thing you have to really worry about it her arrows. Phase 1, it's only for a short time...Phase 2...they last a lot longer. Better to RUN than try rolling to dodge them...and make sharp turns when running away etc.
    If you have a shield...drop it...don't use it...you won't be blocking much at all and with regain stamina quicker and do more damage by 2 handing.
    Good luck ! :D**

Jolly Co-Op

hqdefault.jpg

I'm playing on PC.

I burst her eventually. Onto the next one. Praise The Sun !!

Fixed !

• Soz I'm on PS4!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Aldrich is not a "she"!

noodler wrote: »
    Aldrich is not a "she"!

I know. In my original post I said, he, but I always keep coming back to him as being a she...not sure why.
    Maybe his screams...maybe he reminds me of Queen-slug-for-a-butt

latest?cb=20111118041705

Just beat the next boss. Onwards and upwards.

Just beat the next boss. Onwards and upwards.

The Dancer was it ?

Suggest you go LEFT when you go up the ladder, lot of side stuff that way that you might miss before powering forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If it was the dancer than fair fecks, took me an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

First time I was transported to the dancer it glitched and he didn't move!!

Have since had the pleasure of fighting him though!

• Advertisement

The Dancer was it ?

Suggest you go LEFT when you go up the ladder, lot of side stuff that way that you might miss before powering forwards.

Yup. Gonna get stuck into it in a while.

noodler wrote: »
    If it was the dancer than fair fecks, took me an age.

Took me about 8 attempts and I got lucky as there was only a few of those huge sweeping attacks to deal with.

Champion Gundyr. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad:

Champion Gundyr. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad:

Deep breaths, you've done this before. Summon for this it's not worth the blood pressure. Even with a NPC summon they serve as a great distraction for you to get the job done.

Outside there is the one...the only.....SWORD MASTER !!!
    (The naked Katana guy you killed at the start...if you didn't kill him he's not there)

Sometimes he's really derpy, other times he's great ! :D

(Also...before you went to Gundyr...after killing Oceiros...you got a 'emote' right ? ...Path of the Dragon. You were somewhere earlier in the game where you seen people using it....you should use it there )

I summoned him 3 times and he was hopeless on all attempts. I don't want to use up all my embers. I'll psyche myself up all day in work and go again this evening.:D

I summoned him 3 times and he was hopeless on all attempts. I don't want to use up all my embers. I'll psyche myself up all day in work and go again this evening.:D

It IS possible to parry him...if ye wanna try that once :P
    Otherwise get some lightning on and go mental

Embers can be bought from a few NPCs, you can also farm them from Lothric Knights. (2 easy ones very early in the game...between the Dancer and Vordt)
    Farm...rest ...farm...rest.
    Helps if you have the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (Increases Item drop chance...found in Irythil Dungeon)

I finished the game last week with my character on PC.

Someone gave me a lend of a copy on PS4 so I can grab a few trophies :P (but then I seen all the rings that are needed...and to acquire them you need lvl2 in some covenants..which requires a ridiculous amount of PVP....so I won't be goin for Plat yet) ,also I'm about 8 hours in now.
    Killed Aldrich and the Dancer (first try...prob lucky) last night, so gonna head towards Oceiros and Gundyr myself now.
    I think I'm lvl 60 maybe......trying to get the 'Black Knight' set.
    Already have my trusty black knight sword....I even called my character Black Knight for when I'm complete :D:)

I tried the parrying method last night and was only mildly successful but couldn't sustain it. I'll let yiz know how i get on tonight.

I tried the parrying method last night and was only mildly successful but couldn't sustain it. I'll let yiz know how i get on tonight.

Just went there, did Ocieros in 2, Gundyr on first try...but summoned in the derpy swordmaster for the laugh. Before the fight he was stood at the entrance getting stabbed by a peon. Had to run back out and help him :P

Now to farm my black knight gear ! :D

Update : Spent a good 50 mins trying to farm the 4 knights. Got all the gear except the gauntlets. Got 3 Greatswords, 3 armors, helms, 2 leggins, 2 shields...but no gauntlets. Counted the souls...and I ran that section 17 times...so that's 68 black knights...luckily they're one of the easiest if not the easiest enemy in the game to backstab.

Lvl 76 now heading to Archdragon peak....from memory 75 is recommended for End-Game.

• Advertisement

• I have a feeling I'm near the end of the game (I think). Have not played since weekend.

I'm not at the part where I got teleported to another boss and beat him. Now in a large castle / church building (It's up a ladder just off the bonfire) ??

Advertisement