Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I have a feeling I'm near the end of the game (I think). Ha not played since weekend.

I'm not at the part where I got teleported to another boss and beat him. Now in a large castle / church building (It's up a ladder just off the bonfire) ??

Lothric Castle by the sounds of it. Prepare To Die!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

I have a feeling I'm near the end of the game (I think). Have not played since weekend.

I'm not at the part where I got teleported to another boss and beat him. Now in a large castle / church building (It's up a ladder just off the bonfire) ??
    You still have a good bit to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I have a feeling I'm near the end of the game (I think). Have not played since weekend.

Well did you kill the Dancer ? ...he appears after you talk to the old lady.

Also..if you go up the ladder...go LEFT. That's where myself and Grahamer are atm.
    I'm on it on PS4 too now atm, so if ye need help just let me know and ye can summon me in.

Arrived at Archdragon Peak.

c4jt321.png

• Advertisement

Fun times ahead :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Argh. Oh I am so Crap at this. I thought Bloodborne was difficult but compared to this it's child's play. I must have got killed 50 times playing last night between High Wall of Lothric and Vordt something of somewhere. Ended up sitting up till near 2 just to get to that Boss. Only 3 healing things is brutal and I haven't a clue what half the things I have do. Don't even know how to use the top part of the quick select items. So again Argh.

Argh. Oh I am so Crap at this. I thought Bloodborne was difficult but compared to this it's child's play. I must have got killed 50 times playing last night between High Wall of Lothric and Vordt something of somewhere. Ended up sitting up till near 2 just to get to that Boss. Only 3 healing things is brutal and I haven't a clue what half the things I have do. Don't even know how to use the top part of the quick select items. So again Argh.

You still near the start of the game man ?

Ended up sitting up till near 2 just to get to that Boss
    I don't know what you mean by this ...can you explain ?
    Don't even know how to use the top part of the quick select items. So again Argh.
    You can add quick select items via your EQUIP thing. You can then press LEFT and RIGHT to switch between them. By DEFAULT your Estus will be there.

Also, at the Blacksmith...select ALLOT ESTUS and put it all into your health and not magic (unless you're a mage)

You can get more heals by collecting 'estus shards' and giving them to the blacksmith at the Firelink shrine. You could have gotten an extra 2 by this stage.
    1 is above firelink shrine, you need to either jump to the roof...or pay 20k souls to get the key to the tower.
    2 is at the High Wall....there was a ladder you went down where some lad exploded on a roof...and a spear wielding knight...and then further on there is like 3 big axe wielding men in a room...in there on an anvil is an estus shard.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You still near the start of the game man ?

Yeah man, started yesterday. Took me ages to get past that Vordt dude but finally did it. Still only have the same Crap sword I started with.

I don't know what you mean by this ...can you explain ?

Ha. Just that I ended up playing till 1.30A.M. I never sit up that late

You can add quick select items via your EQUIP thing. You can then press LEFT and RIGHT to switch between them. By DEFAULT your Estus will be there.

Also, at the Blacksmith...select ALLOT ESTUS and put it all into your health and not magic (unless you're a mage)

You can get more heals by collecting 'estus shards' and giving them to the blacksmith at the Firelink shrine. You could have gotten an extra 2 by this stage.
    1 is above firelink shrine, you need to either jump to the roof...or pay 20k souls to get the key to the tower.
    2 is at the High Wall....there was a ladder you went down where some lad exploded on a roof...and a spear wielding knight...and then further on there is like 3 big axe wielding men in a room...in there on an anvil is an estus shard.

Thanks Sean. Have 5 equipped now. What is FP??? Other replies in bold above.

This stupid tree boss is worse than ROM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He's about 18,000 times easier though!

Thanks Sean. Have 5 equipped now. What is FP??? Other replies in bold above.
    Focus points, basically MP from any other RPG.

As Nick said, the blue one is basically MP ...but is also used for 'Weapon Arts'. ...but I never use them anyways...only a few weapons have really good ones.

The tree is weak to fire...he is also an 'optional' boss.
    It should be pretty obvious where to hit, and easy enough too.

When you kill it you get a 'Transposing Kiln'
    This lets you trade BOSS SOULS for cool weapons or spells (this is why you don't just use your boss souls to level up)
    Give it to the midget guy on the throne in Firelink Shrine.

Firebombs didn't do much for me and the final phase is where I'm struggling. I've burst the visible sacs. There must be some I can't see as my strikes are doing zero damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Firebombs didn't do much for me and the final phase is were I'm struggling. I've burst the visible sacs. There must be some I can't see as my strikes are doing zero damage.

You could also try attacking his legs, and that big arm-thing that pops out.

I found DS3 to be the most difficult of the series, generally.

beans wrote: »
    You could also try attacking his legs, and that big arm-thing that pops out.

I found DS3 to be the most difficult of the series, generally.

Finding it a lot tougher than Bloodborne tho I am persevering with it for now. I never played any other Dark Souls game before. I was striking the arm as well but it was knocking off tiny amounts of health so I'd be there for ages. I don't want to view any videos on YouTube. Haven't so far but it's getting hard not to just to see where I should be hitting so I can get it over with and advance. I know it's an optional boss but I want to do them all.

There's more sacks higher up on his body. If you get far enough away from him he'll stand up and do a falling face first to the ground attack exposing more sacks.

Fire resin on your weapon will be a big help.

Got him at last. What does Burn Undead Bone Shard at bonfire do? So many things not explained. Suppose only way to find out is to use them.

Never mind, I did it. Raises the estus level

I'm either getting better or that crystal Sage boss was simple. 2nd try.

The area near/just after the Tree Boss has possibly the best ring in the game that is worth your time getting.
    It's called the Chloranthy ring. Regens your stamina quicker.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The area near/just after the Tree Boss has possibly the best ring in the game that is worth your time getting.
    It's called the Chloranthy ring. Regens your stamina quicker.

Hmm. Must have passed it. I've gone good bit past the road of sacrifices now. Where about is it? Should I go back to the bonfire I lit after the tree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Hmm. Must have passed it. I've gone good bit past the road of sacrifices now. Where about is it? Should I go back to the bonfire I lit after the tree?

The elevator where you meet the Onion Knight for the first time. The lift can actually go up from that floor as well and it opens an optional area. You have to activate it then get off it before it moves. Very easily missed

Was up there. That fire demon outside destroyed me. Must go back as stamina gets me killed loads. Hit then just stand there.

After getting sucked into a painting but signs on the ground saying I should have Lothric Castle done.

Took a week's hols to go hiking and been playing this non stop.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was up there. That fire demon outside destroyed me. Must go back as stamina gets me killed loads. Hit then just stand there.

After getting sucked into a painting but signs on the ground saying I should have Lothric Castle done.

Thanks lads.

Stay out of the painting for a while.

Thanks lads.
    Yeah..you kill the fire demon.
    Go into the house...you'll pass 2 nun witches....go onto the roof...and at the back corner you roll off into an adjacent tower. It's at the bottom.

Lothric castle isnnear end game...lvl 60-70ish

Lads I'm lost. Where do I go after the Deacons? Its just a dead end in the room.

Lads I'm lost. Where do I go after the Deacons? Its just a dead end in the room.
    Back to the Road of Sacrifices swamp area, there's another path out.

To get to farron keep you go across the lake with the big crab, you'll encounter 2 lads who seem human and will prob wreck you first time. Through that door there is a ladder that leads down to the swamp.

There are 3 big fire towers. At the bottom of each is a gate type arch, and to the right is a little fire/candle..and you extinguish that.

You should be able to see them all from the BIG tower in the middle of the swamp with the ladder. (btw...go to the very top of that...the item you can get up there is very handy after you trade it....increases Stamina Load if I remember rightly)

Thanks Evade/Sean. I actually tried doing that way before I did crystal Sage. Was slaughtered. 2 of those yokes together are rough. Must have been so traumatised by it I erased it from memory. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm still at Archdragon Peak as i haven't played it in a while due to getting stuck into Victor Vran. I need to put DS to bed soon. Have had it ages.

Advertisement