Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Haha after Crystal Sage and The Deacons I went into the Abyss Watcher fight and downed them first go and thought to myself I thought this game was supposed to be hard. Little did I know that was the prologue to the main event. Got my arse handed to me numerous times. Oh well, that's what I get for getting cocky. Bed now, try again tomorrow.

Argh. Just one more f*****g hit and it was done. :mad:

Tough fight these Abyss Watchers but a good one all the same, music during it is so cool.

Do gestures serve any purpose in this game? Same in Bloodborne, not sure why they're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Do gestures serve any purpose in this game? Same in Bloodborne, not sure why they're there.
    Some have a purpose others are just for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Argh. Just one more f*****g hit and it was done. :mad:

Tough fight these Abyss Watchers but a good one all the same, music during it is so cool.

I got stuck there the first time I played it, so infuriating. Not too bad now!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

That bloody Nameless King can eat one.

So damn hard for a STR build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Vicxas wrote: »
    That bloody Nameless King can eat one.

So damn hard for a STR build.

You might watch the fight on YouTube a bit to save time.

Having to beat the dragon Everytime just to have another go can be draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

noodler wrote: »
    You might watch the fight on YouTube a bit to save time.

Having to beat the dragon Everytime just to have another go can be draining.

Dragon is the easy part.
    For the Dragon DON'T use lock on, and drop your shield....as you won't be blockin really. You can get a good 4 hits in when he breathes fire if you run to the left. The signal he's about to breathe fire is quite obvious.

The hard part is the Kind himself after. You want a lot of rolling.....so Chloranthy ring and Carthus Bloodring (to increase invinci frames) when dodging are a must

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Dragon is the easy part.
    For the Dragon DON'T use lock on, and drop your shield....as you won't be blockin really. You can get a good 4 hits in when he breathes fire if you run to the left. The signal he's about to breathe fire is quite obvious.

The hard part is the Kind himself after. You want a lot of rolling.....so Chloranthy ring and Carthus Bloodring (to increase invinci frames) when dodging are a must

Yeah, kind of obviously.

I'm just saying it's a annoying to have to fight the dragon each time first.

It can stunt your ability to learn NK's moveset.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is the DLC for this worth getting?

Yes. But I don't know if it's worth 15....I thought it was quite short.
    Maybe wait for a sale.

• Advertisement

Bought the season pass. The other two games had great DLC, this probably will too.

Gonna run a sorcery build for my last playthrough. First time I've tried one. Hope it's viable for the likes of Nameless King.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bought the season pass. The other two games had great DLC, this probably will too.

Gonna run a sorcery build for my last playthrough. First time I've tried one. Hope it's viable for the likes of Nameless King.

Always plan for a magic build but end up with a fecking big sword and strength ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

petes wrote: »
    Always plan for a magic build but end up with a fecking big sword and strength ha.

The amount of times that's happened to me in each of the souls games.

"Right, i'm gonna roll a magic build this time"

"Oh, I looted a zweihander"

"Well, STR it is then"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"I'm gonna go light armor and fast roll this time and then......F*CK I rolled at the wrong time and died. Wheres the nearest shield? Fat roll time." :P

The only way I'm not going that route is if the game forces it like in Bloodbourne. I can't help myself. I'm a turtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've only ever done two str based runs and I hated them, ninja flip is the way forward

I'm sticking with it. Plan to get to 60 INT and blow things with blue lasers.

I forgot how much time you lose in the character creator...

I'm sticking with it. Plan to get to 60 INT and blow things with blue lasers.

I forgot how much time you lose in the character creator...

Instead of playing a whole way through and deciding you don't like it.....just reach the end game..or load up a previous late game save....go to the Cathedral and you can respec your character and reallocate all your skill points.

Then go to early game places, and try out all the cool spells you've acquired till now and see if you like it.

Instead of playing a whole way through and deciding you don't like it.....just reach the end game..or load up a previous late game save....go to the Cathedral and you can respec your character and reallocate all your skill points.

Then go to early game places, and try out all the cool spells you've acquired till now and see if you like it.

Have no previous save. Don't want to go to Rosaria anyway, locks me out of Sirris' quest.

I'm liking it so far. Heavy Soul Arrow one shots most enemies and made quick work of Vordt.

Plus you can cheese a lot by standing on a balcony and going "Pew Pew".

Yeah, fúck the sorcery run. Powerful but boring.

If it's my last playthrough, I'm going to enjoy it. Dex run with a flashy sword.

Yeah, fúck the sorcery run. Powerful but boring.

If it's my last playthrough, I'm going to enjoy it. Dex run with a flashy sword.

Become the Black Knight.
    My favourite thing in the game by miles.

I used an axe for the first half till I got the sword though, which was surprisingly fun.

• Advertisement

Become the Black Knight.
    My favourite thing in the game by miles.

I used an axe for the first half till I got the sword though, which was surprisingly fun.

Gonna pick a GoT character and build around their weapon. Oberyn/Spear, Arya/Rapier, Hound/Greatsword or Beric/Flaming Sword.

Fashion Souls will dictate who I pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just got the season pass for €10 in the new Xbox sale. Time for my second run!

Oh you fcuking beauty! Beat the Abyss Watchers at last! Cleared Dark Souls 2 so reluctantly put this back on remembering the frustration I felt with these guys and flew through them tonight. Woo hoo.

Finished The Ringed City. I know lore can sometimes be wishy-washy in the Souls universe but...
    I think the Princess at the end should've been Gwynevere. At least with Gwynevere, there is a lot of lore behind her. Also, it would've been cool to go full circle with Gwyndolin hiding Anor Londo's true form under an illusion in DS1 to his sister hiding (or being forced to hide) The Ringed City under an illusion right at the end of world in DS3.

With Filianore, it was like "Oh yeah, Gwyn had another daughter. Here she is."

But you'll rarely be satisfied by plot developments in Souls games I guess. DLC was very good though.

Started Ashes last weekend, was interesting to say the least seeing as I had just put about 80 hours in to Zelda!

Finished The Ringed City. I know lore can sometimes be wishy-washy in the Souls universe but...
    I think the Princess at the end should've been Gwynevere. At least with Gwynevere, there is a lot of lore behind her. Also, it would've been cool to go full circle with Gwyndolin hiding Anor Londo's true form under an illusion in DS1 to his sister hiding (or being forced to hide) The Ringed City under an illusion right at the end of world in DS3.

With Filianore, it was like "Oh yeah, Gwyn had another daughter. Here she is."

But you'll rarely be satisfied by plot developments in Souls games I guess. DLC was very good though.

Haven't gone back to it since Gale game me the oul one-two uniflu.

So got through catacombs and Old Demon King but hit another brick wall with Pontiff. I'm dying within seconds like anytime I go in, it's embarrassing. Any tips? I tried popping an ember and summoning an NPC (blackhand something) but he dies within seconds as well as he wouldn't heal which is stupid AI in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So got through catacombs and Old Demon King but hit another brick wall with Pontiff. I'm dying within seconds like anytime I go in, it's embarrassing. Any tips? I tried popping an ember and summoning an NPC (blackhand something) but he dies within seconds as well as he wouldn't heal which is stupid AI in fairness.

Yeah you just gotta learn how to dodge him, he can be parried also, have you got to phase 2 at all?

nix wrote: »
    Yeah you just gotta learn how to dodge him, he can be parried also, have you got to phase 2 at all?

No I can barely get one hit in. I've tried rolling into him, rolling away from him when trying to dodge him but keeps catching me in a combo which is pretty much an instakill. I've had 4 goes and just switched off as otherwise I'll be up till all hours. Parrying is not something I've ever managed to get the hang of. Better with the back stabs.

• Advertisement

Summon and hope the NPC/player can distract him enough.

Advertisement