Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It looks like those who bought the JP XBone version get English dialogue.
    Lucky sods :o

Sorry my bad, i meant text is in english as well as dialogue in the XBox version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3JPN/comments/4bmtqd/xbox_one_version_is_english_unlocked_right_now/

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

It looks like those who bought the JP XBone version get English dialogue.
    Lucky sods :o
    2smiggy wrote: »
    just had a look at twitch, and a few i had a quick look at had the menus in English. I suppose the more popular streamers got proper copies, not the Japanese ones ?

Yeah a select few got English language PC Versions sent to them yesterday.. Im Currently watching Man V Game (who got the pc version btw) translate the Japanese Ps4 version.. Hilarious..

Achievements are up looks pretty much same as the last 2 games, no NPC rubbish this time though master of rings one could be annoying.

Warning it shows boss names etc http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dark-souls-3/achievements/

The list shows there are
    3 different endings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Achievements are up looks pretty much same as the last 2 games, no NPC rubbish this time though master of rings one could be annoying.
    I always find the get all sorceries/pyromancies/miracles ones the most annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Can't wait for this. Have over 300 hours played on DS2 and about half that on DS1.

For those of you in the kow, I see the minimum graphics card requirement is ATI Radeon HD 6870. I have a Radeon HD 5870 Sapphire Vapor-X OC 1GB. Would that be ok? My processor is an i5-4460 and I have 8GB RAM so it's just the graphics card that might be a challenge

• Advertisement

Saw someone on my friends list playing this earlier so fired off a message to him. Game is totally in english , menus , audio , everything. Makes me wonder why rest of the world has to wait 3 weeks :confused:

@Enfilade On PC?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    @Enfilade On PC?

Oh sorry should have said on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Can't wait for this. Have over 300 hours played on DS2 and about half that on DS1.

For those of you in the kow, I see the minimum graphics card requirement is ATI Radeon HD 6870. I have a Radeon HD 5870 Sapphire Vapor-X OC 1GB. Would that be ok? My processor is an i5-4460 and I have 8GB RAM so it's just the graphics card that might be a challenge

You're fine, the 5870 is actually faster than the 6870

Oh sorry should have said on Xbox One.

and its the Japanese one or did he get a review copy from somewhere?

Sorry for the interrogation btw!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Rumor has it that the rest of the world must wait because they want to localise it for non English speaking countries. Or another is that the JP release and World release land in two different fiscal years for Namco and thus it would be more favourable to have two strong months in separate years. Could be all bull**** but it sure does suck.

and its the Japanese one or did he get a review copy from somewhere?

Sorry for the interrogation btw!! :)

JP one, and it's left me tempted to take a holiday to Japan now :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently the performance is pretty shocking on consoles just like Bloodborne with all the same issues such as the framepacing that really annoyed me in that game. PC it is so, although I didn't even consider the console release :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Internet Ham

Nabbed it on the Xbox myself. All English. I haven't played Bloodborne so I don't have any comprehension of frame issues but it seems to be running fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apparently the performance is pretty shocking on consoles just like Bloodborne with all the same issues such as the framepacing that really annoyed me in that game. PC it is so, although I didn't even consider the console release :)

Any word on framecap? PCGW lists unknown so far.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I put in around 6 hours last night and it's fair to say the performance is worse than Bloodborne.
    I'd say Sony had a crack squad working on polishing Bloodborne before release as DS3 just feels rough around the edges and the framerate drops for no reason in some areas.

But, it's not taking away how much I'm enjoying the game. So far it's the perfect mashup between Bloodborne, DS1 & Demon's Souls.

It's also pretty tough, with the initial minions having fairly varied attack patterns. I'm playing as the Merc so I need to get pretty close to attack. Might be easier as a knight in the early game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I put in around 6 hours last night and it's fair to say the performance is worse than Bloodborne.
    I'd say Sony had a crack squad working on polishing Bloodborne before release as DS3 just feels rough around the edges and the framerate drops for no reason in some areas.

But, it's not taking away how much I'm enjoying the game. So far it's the perfect mashup between Bloodborne, DS1 & Demon's Souls.

It's also pretty tough, with the initial minions having fairly varied attack patterns. I'm playing as the Merc so I need to get pretty close to attack. Might be easier as a knight in the early game.

You forgot dark souls II :D

Ive a question regarding buying the Japanese version of Dark Souls 3.. when the eu version is available,would there be any way to delete the japanese one and download the EU version?

Ive a question regarding buying the Japanese version of Dark Souls 3.. when the eu version is available,would there be any way to delete the japanese one and download the EU version?

In terms of the PS4, no because your Japanese account only has access to the Japanese version. Your Irish account would have to purchase the EU version.
    You need to buy twice.
    From what I'm hearing about the Xbox version, you need to go through a few steps, but it's possible to buy the japanese version, but download the EU version. I'm not sure of the specifics though.

In terms of the PS4, no because your Japanese account only has access to the Japanese version. Your Irish account would have to purchase the EU version.
    You need to buy twice.
    From what I'm hearing about the Xbox version, you need to go through a few steps, but it's possible to buy the japanese version, but download the EU version. I'm not sure of the specifics though.

Yeah,i was hoping there would be a way,maybe they could patch the Japanese version to select english as text language?? im thinking of takeing the plunge and buying it...

• Advertisement

Well i took the plunge and bought it,only thing is ,online doesnt work as i think you need to have Japanese Playstation Plus or maybe i have the settings wrong..
    Anyway,the game is great,its alot like Blooodborne more than like DS2..which is good..

Well i took the plunge and bought it,only thing is ,online doesnt work as i think you need to have Japanese Playstation Plus or maybe i have the settings wrong..
    Anyway,the game is great,its alot like Blooodborne more than like DS2..which is good..

Online is working fine for me. I'm playing on my irish account.
    Make sure both JPN and Irish accounts are set as primary on the PS4.

Online is working fine for me. I'm playing on my irish account.
    Make sure both JPN and Irish accounts are set as primary on the PS4.

I think i may have the JPN account set to primary only..ill have a look when i get home,in other news i utterly suck at the game,cant even get to Firelink Shrine,got that boss before it down to 1/4 health at best..only 4 or 5 attempts as i couldnt play that much yesterday but it bodes well (or not) for anyone thinking that it was going to be an easy Souls game :)

I think i may have the JPN account set to primary only..ill have a look when i get home,in other news i utterly suck at the game,cant even get to Firelink Shrine,got that boss before it down to 1/4 health at best..only 4 or 5 attempts as i couldnt play that much yesterday but it bodes well (or not) for anyone thinking that it was going to be an easy Souls game :)

What class did you choose?

What class did you choose?

I went for Knight for 1st play through.. i t never picked my starting gift when creating the character due to translation issues.but i dont think it will affect "Brave Sir Robin's" chances against the many beasts to come.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I went for Knight for 1st play through.. i t never picked my starting gift when creating the character due to translation issues.but i dont think it will affect "Brave Sir Robin's" chances against the many beasts to come.. :)

It won't, in Dark Souls there's only one useful one and its not recommended for blind playthroughs anyways. When I start a new game I try to imagine what's the least useless instead of most useful to me, same with Dark Souls 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,508 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it's proving very hard to avoid watching twitch !!

can't wait for it really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

2smiggy wrote: »
    it's proving very hard to avoid watching twitch !!

can't wait for it really

Same. I'd casually watch twitch in my free time while browsing but now i have to devote my free time (on the PC) to something that will take my mind right off it. I also had to unsub to three youtube channels because they had spoilers in the titles of their videos. Although it was a minor spoiler, (where to find an armour set from a previous souls game) they could have the potential of ruining an end game boss or such.

On another note, this time i'm going to keep a death counter. I had planned to count my deaths in DkS2 and Bloodborne but at release those things are easily forgotten. Also going to play as deprived with no particular build in mind and just make it up as i go along, although i do fancy a shield since the last time i used one was on my very first playthrough of DkS1.

So excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Same. I'd casually watch twitch in my free time while browsing but now i have to devote my free time (on the PC) to something that will take my mind right off it. I also had to unsub to three youtube channels because they had spoilers in the titles of their videos. Although it was a minor spoiler, (where to find an armour set from a previous souls game) they could have the potential of ruining an end game boss or such.

On another note, this time i'm going to keep a death counter. I had planned to count my deaths in DkS2 and Bloodborne but at release those things are easily forgotten. Also going to play as deprived with no particular build in mind and just make it up as i go along, although i do fancy a shield since the last time i used one was on my very first playthrough of DkS1.

So excited!!

DkS2 had a counter, if you checked the monument when you were offline it told you. Hopefully this'll have similar

Think my best for a full run was 56

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,386 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Finally decided to preorder the Apoc Edition on GAME for about 57 quid and then andother 4 quid on top for PM!

Not internet when I get it though sadly! I know ill be missing a big chunk of the game.

Advertisement