Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm at the same stage. Try the other route that's available. Should bring you up a good few levels and give you a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm at the same stage. Try the other route that's available. Should bring you up a good few levels and give you a break.

By this he means go to the Dungeons first instead of fighting Pontiff.
    Remember the fire out by the lake, you walk down that way past the side of a mountain.

Levelling up may help, what level are you atm and what weapons etc ?

Also..4 tries is nothing :P, I assume you unlocked the shortcut from the church to the boss...running back takes 20 secs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Level 55. Been using Executioners Greatsword +6 mainly. It's fast and 3 swipes was taking down those pontiff nights on the way to Sulyvahn. I have wolnirs sword and the Abyss Watchers and close enough to meeting requirements to use both. Need one more in faith (which I never usually bother with) and 2 in dex and I'll be good to go.

I'd opened up the dungeon but never bothered going in. Yep have shortcut open, usually get to him with full estus. Been reading up and people are saying dodge left. I'd been going forward or right so will try left later. What decent armour should I have at this point can any if you remember? I don't have a good selection at all. I should probably start reinforcing my armour as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

You can't upgrade your armour in DS3. Only your shield.

You can't upgrade your armour in DS3. Only your shield.

Oh right. Presumed you could as it was possible in 2. Can you recommend anything? Whether I have to use souls to get it or pick it up doesn't matter. Think I need something better than I currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Only just started with a new character after 5 play-throughs with my main character going up to level 280 and have to say that this time is so much more fun. I am trying to parry anything and everything, paying much more attention to attacks (with a high-level character you can tank everything, basically I'll hit you more than you'll hit me) and I have to say it's just more enjoyable. Also, there is so much activity at low levels, including invasions and summoning. This may be due to the new edition of the game being released too.

I'd opened up the dungeon but never bothered going in. Yep have shortcut open, usually get to him with full estus. .

Given that you seem to like greatswords....my favourite sword in the game is hidden in the dungeon.
    Black knight sword !!

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Given that you seem to like greatswords....my favourite sword in the game is hidden in the dungeon.
    Black knight sword !!

Have it I think and yeah it's brilliant. It's the one you get through the illusionary wall where the black knight is fighting one of those gru yokes, yeah?

Oh right. Presumed you could as it was possible in 2. Can you recommend anything? Whether I have to use souls to get it or pick it up doesn't matter. Think I need something better than I currently have.

I had to summon a phantom to beat him in the end and looked at some strategy vids on Youtube. Just persevere and you'll eventually reign victorious. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What decent armour should I have at this point can any if you remember? I don't have a good selection at all. I should probably start reinforcing my armour as well.

Main "armour" I wear is the fireproof one(witches robe, I think, been a while).

It's light and can dodge easily.

• Advertisement

Pontiff Sulyvahn is no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Pontiff Sulyvahn is no more.

Good work! He's one of those fights ya just always dread, i always just try burn him down before i run out of estus :pac:

Have it I think and yeah it's brilliant. It's the one you get through the illusionary wall where the black knight is fighting one of those gru yokes, yeah?

Yeah. That's it.
    I used it in Dark Souls 1, and as soon as I found it in DS3 I stuck with it,,and made a beeline for it in other playthroughs too ! :D
    (my last playthrough was full Black Knight armor and weapons....my char name was Black Knight ...... in case I wanted to put a summon down and cosplay :P ):eek::cool::rolleyes:

Do I have to fight Aldrich twice? Anri summoned me. We beat him. Got a message Lord of cinder slain but no trophy. But looking online it says there is a trophy for him. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anri summoned you? So you were a white phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Do I have to fight Aldrich twice? Anri summoned me. We beat him. Got a message Lord of cinder slain but no trophy. But looking online it says there is a trophy for him. Weird.

He's still alive in your world.

You only helped her best him.

Anri summoned you? So you were a white phantom

Yep. Ah bollocks. I thought he was done. Thought I was on a role today with Sulyvahn, Yhorm the Giant and Aldrich down but now have to do him again.

Oh and is there more to Profaned Capital (I think it's called)? I seemed to get to Yhorm very quickly, was very surprised when I went in and saw him running for me. Fast man for a giant ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh and is there more to Profaned Capital (I think it's called)? I seemed to get to Yhorm very quickly, was very surprised when I went in and saw him running for me. Fast man for a giant ha.

Sounds like you missed the area to the right of the bonfire. You've missed the chance to finish Siegward's quest now since you've beaten Yhorm already
    but if you rescued him from his cell, there would've been a cutscene when entering the Yhorm fight where Siegward joins you and he basically kicks Yhorm's ass single-handedly.

"Long may the sun shine!"

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sounds like you missed the area to the right of the bonfire. You've missed the chance to finish Siegward's quest now since you've beaten Yhorm already
    but if you rescued him from his cell, there would've been a cutscene when entering the Yhorm fight where Siegward joins you and he basically kicks Yhorm's ass single-handedly.

"Long may the sun shine!"

So won't see him again now? I thought he was a deadly character. Last saw him sleeping in the kitchen before those 3 black knights. I seem to have done Yhorm and Aldrich in the wrong order. Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So won't see him again now? I thought he was a deadly character. Last saw him sleeping in the kitchen before those 3 black knights. I seem to have done Yhorm and Aldrich in the wrong order. Oh well.

No, he's gone now. I don't know if it matters what order you do Yhorm in, think you just have to make sure to release Siegward from his cell in the Profaned Capital before fighting Yhorm to complete the questline.

Aldrich down for the second time. Almost one Shotted the dancer, one or two more hit and down, and suddenly she does this twirly thing where she spins around the with 2 swords but she did it something like 8 bleeding times. How are you supposed to dodge that? Now I can get her down to about a quarter and she seems to do something else new like jumps from one side of the room to the other. Geebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Aldrich down for the second time. Almost one Shotted the dancer, one or two more hit and down, and suddenly she does this twirly thing where she spins around the with 2 swords but she did it something like 8 bleeding times. How are you supposed to dodge that? Now I can get her down to about a quarter and she seems to do something else new like jumps from one side of the room to the other. Geebag.

Tough one. Alright.

Second phase I mean.

You have to dive into her crazy swings. Check it on youtube.

Dont be too defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cheese the dancer. Pillar in the corner, circle it keeping the dancer on the other side. Wait, attack, repeat.

Fcuk me that was one intense fight. Didn't want to cheese it. Went in no shield, 2 handed executioners greatsword. Managed a few charged attacks. One more hit I was dead no estus left. 2 more she was dead. Somehow I got the 2 in and not her. I'm shaking here haha.

Fcuk me that was one intense fight. Didn't want to cheese it. Went in no shield, 2 handed executioners greatsword. Managed a few charged attacks. One more hit I was dead no estus left. 2 more she was dead. Somehow I got the 2 in and not her. I'm shaking here haha.

Gaming orgasm ! :P

Downed Oceiros, The Consumed King in one go. Getting to him was more difficult.

Should I go into DLC now or is it like part 2 where it doesn't end after the final boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Downed Oceiros, The Consumed King in one go. Getting to him was more difficult.

Should I go into DLC now or is it like part 2 where it doesn't end after the final boss?

He's not the last boss, but when you kill the last boss you dont go straight to NG +, an option appears at the bonfire in the HUB to go to NG. Id advise killing all bosses before going to the DLC, or atleast all but the last boss.

nix wrote: »
    He's not the last boss, but when you kill the last boss you dont go straight to NG +, an option appears at the bonfire in the HUB to go to NG. Id advise killing all bosses before going to the DLC, or atleast all but the last boss.

Ah I knew Oceiros wasn't the last. Still a few to go yet. Was just wondering if it was like Bloodborne and your immediately into NG+ after fighting the last boss or like 2 if it was an option at the bonfire which you've answered, thanks. Moving on to Gundyr I think it is now. Cool that
    you fight in same area as start nearly, or at least the lead up is same only darker

I opened up the way to one of the DLC areas ages ago. Must check how to access second one.

• Advertisement

Ughhh Champion Gundyr. I still have nightmares about fighting him.

Advertisement