Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Champion Gundyr down. Dragonslayer Armour is kicking my arse now. Rage quit for the night. Fell off the bridge one too many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ughhh Champion Gundyr. I still have nightmares about fighting him.

Killed him first time.

Dragonslayer armour is tough.

Great bosses in DS3.

Knocked me off the edge twice when I had him down to his last sliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Champion Gundyr down. Dragonslayer Armour is kicking my arse now. Rage quit for the night. Fell off the bridge one too many times.

I've just beaten Dragonslayer and oceiris. What level you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

After champion Gundyr you can farm the Black Knights there, their armor and shield are great.

Also there are 1 or 2 key items knocking about that you may have missed.

Finally...I hope you paid attention to the Gesture you got just before Gundyr , it's called Path of the Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yep, explore Dark Firelink Shrine thoroughly.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I've just beaten Dragonslayer and oceiris. What level you at?

Level 79 I think. I've got Dragonslayer down to a small bit of health numerous times but he either kicks me off bridge or the yokes spit on me when I healing.

Got the gesture, wasn't really sure what to do with it. Don't really pay attention to them to be honest but better read up on it as yis have me intrigued now.

Level 79 I think. I've got Dragonslayer down to a small bit of health numerous times but he either kicks me off bridge or the yokes spit on me when I healing.

Got the gesture, wasn't really sure what to do with it. Don't really pay attention to them to be honest but better read up on it as yis have me intrigued now.

You would have seen where to do it in Irythil Dungeon, quite an obvious spot.
    That's all I say.
    Take a trip there yourself and have a look around (hint : near a lift/shortcut)

Argh!!!!! Lorian Elder Prince, Lothric younger Prince is such a pain of a fight in second phase. It's cool enough but very frustrating. Music is amazing in it though, quite emotional.

Argh!!!!! Lorian Elder Prince, Lothric younger Prince is such a pain of a fight in second phase. It's cool enough but very frustrating. Music is amazing in it though, quite emotional.

Was so pissed the first time as I got him into phase two only to find there was another.

noodler wrote: »
    Was so pissed the first time as I got him into phase two only to find there was another.

Do you mean another brother? Or another phase? Or are you referring to the healing? I fear this might be the one that bests me. That teleporting thing gets me most times and phase 2 usually starts suddenly and me with no health means immediately I get hit by a spell and it's game over.

• Advertisement

Do you mean another brother? Or another phase? Or are you referring to the healing? I fear this might be the one that bests me. That teleporting thing gets me most times and phase 2 usually starts suddenly and me with no health means immediately I get hit by a spell and it's game over.

Jolly Cooperation !!!!
    i-want-you-for-a-warrior-of-sunlight-come-and-19553862.png

Yeah the healing during phase two.

You really have to try and kill the youngest first. On the back.

Make sure you have ten+ estus.

Buff your weapon between phases.

Use that miracle buff.

Eventually you'll be able to do phase one without using more than one estus.

Its a great fight. Enjoy it

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah the healing during phase two.

You really have to try and kill the youngest first. On the back.

Make sure you have ten+ estus.

Buff your weapon between phases.

Use that miracle buff.

Eventually you'll be able to do phase one without using more than one estus.

Its a great fight. Enjoy it

Tried it before work. Got through phase one without damage. So was already at an advantage for phase 2. But still didn't land one hit on the Bro on the back. By the time I circle they've already teleported. So frustrating. I suppose it's a case of practice makes perfect. Presume there is some pattern to it so just need to identify what that is.

Tried it before work. Got through phase one without damage. So was already at an advantage for phase 2. But still didn't land one hit on the Bro on the back. By the time I circle they've already teleported. So frustrating. I suppose it's a case of practice makes perfect. Presume there is some pattern to it so just need to identify what that is.

Or just kill big Bro normally. When he heals lil Bro will still be in bad health shape.

As long as you are prepared to last that long.

So many mimics. I had never encountered one before, I'm sure my reaction the first one I encountered was priceless, would love to have recorded it. Anyway I read that to get the Symbol of Avarice was a very rare drop from one. Last three in a row I've fought dropped it. Didn't realise the feckin thing Drained ye of HP.

Jaysus this has become a weird playthrough. Yhorm destroyed Siegward, he didn't even get one hit in. Then Yhorm was excruciatingly difficult. Destroyed me more times than I care to admit. He must have got more health because of Siegward which then didn't take into account he died as had to hit him with storm ruler 10 times. Yep I counted. Downed him with at most 5 hits before.

Plus side is I have Siegwards armour, shield and two storm rulers.

Jaysus this has become a weird playthrough. Yhorm destroyed Siegward, he didn't even get one hit in. Then Yhorm was excruciatingly difficult. Destroyed me more times than I care to admit. He must have got more health because of Siegward which then didn't take into account he died as had to hit him with storm ruler 10 times. Yep I counted. Downed him with at most 5 hits before.

Plus side is I have Siegwards armour, shield and two storm rulers.

Well that's weird

Truthfully...

never died to Yhorm
    never used Storm Ruler outside of that battle
    I think you can get his armor regardless

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well that's weird

Truthfully...

never died to Yhorm
    never used Storm Ruler outside of that battle
    I think you can get his armor regardless

Last game I would have said Yhorm was a joke boss. But for some reason two consecutive hits was enough to kill me and he did that......a lot. Being honest would have said he was impossible to die to. I can't get over the fact he killed Siegward in one hit too. Between that and all the mimic heads I'm getting I think my games corrupted :P

Last game I would have said Yhorm was a joke boss. But for some reason two consecutive hits was enough to kill me and he did that......a lot. Being honest would have said he was impossible to die to. I can't get over the fact he killed Siegward in one hit too. Between that and all the mimic heads I'm getting I think my games corrupted :P

Mimics are always the same, in the same position. I'm not sure they ever change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Are you at a higher Soul Level than the first time? Bosses scale with your level.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Mimics are always the same, in the same position. I'm not sure they ever change.

Nah I meant the mimics dropping that yoke that resemble their head every time I fight one now. Supposed to be a rare item but got 3 in a row.

After getting a PS+ sub and the amount of people worse than me is unreal. Being doing the dancer and four or five of us at it and I was last man standing loads of times :P
    penev10 wrote: »
    Are you at a higher Soul Level than the first time? Bosses scale with your level.

Nah man lower if anything. Last time I didn't know about the Siegward thing and just stumbled onto Yhorm by accident but was solo so I reckon following Siegwards quest did something to the difficulty as it definitely took twice the number of hits with the storm ruler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Jaysus this has become a weird playthrough. Yhorm destroyed Siegward, he didn't even get one hit in. Then Yhorm was excruciatingly difficult....

Yhorm also murdered Siegward for me, and has been very difficult to beat. Thought it was just me.

beans wrote: »
    Yhorm also murdered Siegward for me, and has been very difficult to beat. Thought it was just me.

Did you beat him eventually? If not and you want to summon me for assist later I'd be happy to help.

Loving this online stuff now. Helped about 10 different folks take down the dancer of boreal valley. Every time I put down my sign within minutes I got summoned. Hope the courtesy is returned when I get to twin princes again.

Did you beat him eventually? If not and you want to summon me for assist later I'd be happy to help.

I'm taking a break from DS3 to replay Dark Souls. It's so frickin' good!

beans wrote: »
    I'm taking a break from DS3 to replay Dark Souls. It's so frickin' good!

I got stuck on Capra Demon on DS1.

I got stuck on Capra Demon on DS1.

Beat Capra last night, as it happens. Shield up to +5 helped deal with those dogs. Then dancing past his attacks isn't too hard.

That run from the bonfire remains a pain in the hole!

Lads few questions if you don't mind? In terms of summoning for bosses how does it work? I get summoned a lot by people but so far haven't been able to summon somebody myself. I'm a bit lost and given I'll be soon facing my worst nightmare with the twin princes I'd really like to understand this.

Also for those on playstation, how do ye all pay for PS+. I'm just on a 48 hour trial atm but defo will extend tomorrow for either 3 or 12 months.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You don't have much choice than to buy from Sony, its region locked so AFAIK there's feck all reason to buy online. Price goes up a tenner at the end of next month, but you can stack sub's.

Summoning, you need to be Embered and can't have beaten the area boss.

If you have one summon bosses get 1.5x HP, 2 or 3 gives bosses 2x HP (I think)

You don't have much choice than to buy from Sony, its region locked so AFAIK there's feck all reason to buy online. Price goes up a tenner at the end of next month, but you can stack sub's.

Summoning, you need to be Embered and can't have beaten the area boss.

If you have one summon bosses get 1.5x HP, 2 or 3 gives bosses 2x HP (I think)

Can't have beaten area boss? That doesn't sound right. I've beaten the dancer and constantly get summoned to help others.

Regards the sub, is it as simple as buying PSN credit and adding funds to account or do you need give them card details and stuff (I'd prefer not to have to do that, in fact it's a deal breaker).

Thanks for reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can buy credit.

If you have beaten the area boss, you can't summon. You can be summoned by someone who hasn't though.

Advertisement