Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

You can buy credit.

If you have beaten the area boss, you can't summon. You can be summoned by someone who hasn't though.

Nice one thanks. Hopefully I'll have no problem for the twins when I'm back there.

Some of the usernames are very amusing as is how some hosts just sit back and watch the others fight the Boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Also for those on playstation, how do ye all pay for PS+. I'm just on a 48 hour trial atm but defo will extend tomorrow for either 3 or 12 months.

Thanks!

I pay with my debit card, but you can buy cards in the likes of gamestop which you can use to buy credit for PS+ if you prefer to not use debit/credit card.

I honestly dont know why i bother subing to it, infact i likely would have stopped after the first year but it turns out they auto resub unless you turn it off and i wasnt arsed to contact them to refund.

I hardly play games online with my ps4, i played a lil pvp in dark souls and bloodborne but i honestly wouldnt have cared doing without..

The monthly games have been mostly **** until the last two months, however im still only adding them to library and not downloading/playing them until a time im likely really bored which will probably be never :cool:

nix wrote: »
    I pay with my debit card, but you can buy cards in the likes of gamestop which you can use to buy credit for PS+ if you prefer to not use debit/credit card.

I honestly dont know why i bother subing to it, infact i likely would have stopped after the first year but it turns out they auto resub unless you turn it off and i wasnt arsed to contact them to refund.

I hardly play games online with my ps4, i played a lil pvp in dark souls and bloodborne but i honestly wouldnt have cared doing without..

The monthly games have been mostly **** until the last two months, however im still only adding them to library and not downloading/playing them until a time im likely really bored which will probably be never :cool:

Cheers man, yeah I can see similar happening hence only want a short term sub of about 3 months and see how it goes. Think it's €20. I'll get a top up card in Gamestop or Smyths later, wouldn't trust Sony with my card details. Tvm.

So only 2 days in to online access and already invasions are pissing me off. Why doesn't that soapstone that says "send invading phantoms home" always say "there is no invading phantom" when I've just been told I'm getting invaded and then a phantom stars hack and slash, sometimes killing me and destroying a huge amount of frustratingly difficult progress in the meantime. I want to play for progress and have the ability to, after a certain number of failed attempts at a Boss, have the ability to summon.

That Archdragon peak is a fcuking nightmare. Nameless King strikes me as impossible to do solo. I presume King of the Storm is just first phase then actual Nameless King battle commences? Think some grinding to up my Dex (for melee) and Faith (magic) stats required.

Just to add, I'm not totally against invading. In fact I'm sure it's great craic. I'm sure I'll do so myself in the near future. Right now my focus is on completing the game, then helping players with Bosses I found difficult. After that invasions maybe but until I finish. So is the only way to do this play offline until you get to a boss room or travelling directly to a boss room you want to repeat and leaving summon sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So only 2 days in to online access and already invasions are pissing me off. Why doesn't that soapstone that says "send invading phantoms home" always say "there is no invading phantom" when I've just been told I'm getting invaded and then a phantom stars hack and slash, sometimes killing me and destroying a huge amount of frustratingly difficult progress in the meantime. I want to play for progress and have the ability to, after a certain number of failed attempts at a Boss, have the ability to summon.

That Archdragon peak is a fcuking nightmare. Nameless King strikes me as impossible to do solo. I presume King of the Storm is just first phase then actual Nameless King battle commences? Think some grinding to up my Dex (for melee) and Faith (magic) stats required.

Toughest boss of the Vanilla game.

Eventually you'll be able to do the dragon in 3 mins.

Its a pain having to beat him Everytime you wanna have a Craic at NK and learn his moveset.

Deffo check YouTube.

I think lightning buff helps for dragon and fire buff for the King.

A strong lightning defence shield also helps for phase two when he casts lightning storms.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Toughest boss of the Vanilla game.

Eventually you'll be able to do the dragon in 3 mins.

Its a pain having to beat him Everytime you wanna have a Craic at NK and learn his moveset.

Deffo check YouTube.

I think lightning buff helps for dragon and fire buff for the King.

A strong lightning defence shield also helps for phase two when he casts lightning storms.

Yeah I'll defo have to check out Youtube. I was surprised that were no summon signs at the lever for the bell. I'd heard there's usually loads. But then maybe I'm not at the same level as others who are there as I believe there is some sort of range for summoning.

I might just move on and start exploring either Kiln of the First Flame or Snowfield.

Then I might give Bloodborne another bash on NG+ with online enabled.

Will I ever play another non FromSoftware game again?????:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can kick invaders? Since when? Are you sure it's not for friendly phantoms?

You'll eventually run out of Souls games, and move onto Soulslike instead, stuff like Hyper Light Drifter or Necropolis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just to add, I'm not totally against invading. In fact I'm sure it's great craic. I'm sure I'll do so myself in the near future. Right now my focus is on completing the game, then helping players with Bosses I found difficult. After that invasions maybe but until I finish. So is the only way to do this play offline until you get to a boss room or travelling directly to a boss room you want to repeat and leaving summon sign.

you don't get invaded when you're hollow

You can kick invaders? Since when? Are you sure it's not for friendly phantoms?

You'll eventually run out of Souls games, and move onto Soulslike instead, stuff like Hyper Light Drifter or Necropolis :D

Hmm. Maybe it's the Black Separation Crystal I'm thinking of. I must have taken up description wrong. Might take a break for a period of time. Crash bandicoot sitting there :)

sweetie wrote: »
    you don't get invaded when you're hollow

Can't summon or get summoned either though can you? I think I might sit with phone beside me and switch data off if I get invaded.

• Advertisement

Can't summon or get summoned either though can you? I think I might sit with phone beside me and switch data off if I get invaded.

Just use an ember when you need to do either.

You can get summoned when you're hollow, free ember too if you beat a boss

Ah FFS. I traverse the fog into nameless King arena, dragon swoops down lands on me. Dead. I can't see any pattern here except don't go under it or get incinerated.. Got it down to half health at one point (swing wildly) but had zero estus left at that stage and I seriously doubt I get a fresh supply for phase 2. Ye all did this? Solo? How the hell did ye manage it? YouTube here I come but doubt it'll help much.

Oh my fcuking Jaysus I ended up summoning a phantom (was it someone here?) who more or less kicked NK arse for me letting me get in one or two hits. Such respect for you G, holding head in shame and admiration here haha.

I didn't solo him, but I wasn't the biggest fan of DS3 and wanted to finish it before moving on to other ventures.

I know anyone can say this but I would have had I given it more time, I could beat the dragon flawless 9 times out of 10. You'll get there.

I didn't solo him, but I wasn't the biggest fan of DS3 and wanted to finish it before moving on to other ventures.

I know anyone can say this but I would have had I given it more time, I could beat the dragon flawless 9 times out of 10. You'll get there.

You weren't a fan? Man that was deadly. One of the best non chemically induced feelings I've ever had (apart from the obvious lol). Watching credits here in stunned silence. Soul of Cinder was sort of anticlimatic in comparison to NK. Dunno what next. Think I need a From Software break (tho DS1 is sitting there not finished :) )

Ah I was just Souls'd out, was coming off the back of myself and the gf playing nothing but Bloodborne for about 4 months, was around the time I started speed running Dark Souls 1 too.

I've about 60hrs in DS3, probably the last 10 or so I got bored of it. Giving myself a few months of different stuff so when I do get back into it, it'll be hell for leather.

You weren't a fan? Man that was deadly. One of the best non chemically induced feelings I've ever had (apart from the obvious lol). Watching credits here in stunned silence. Soul of Cinder was sort of anticlimatic in comparison to NK. Dunno what next. Think I need a From Software break (tho DS1 is sitting there not finished )

You try the dlc yet?

You try the dlc yet?

No not yet. Sort of. I got sucked into painting ages ago and first game (before Deacons) and it was tough so took advice of exploring depths of Lothric Castle first. So before I could beat twins I had another look but got tore apart by lots and lots of wolves so thought feck that. Now game is finished I'm sure I'm properly leveled so I'll go back to it in a day or two. Really do need a break I think.

You try the dlc yet?

Actually put it on this morning for a half hour and managed to get to the second bonfire. Wolves didn't seem to be quite as hard this time.

• Advertisement

You really can't get cocky with this game can you? Ha! Champions Gravetender is a piece of piss says I. Hold on says he, I'll just bring my giant werewolf in to frostbite your arse, that'll shut you up.

You really can't get cocky with this game can you? Ha! Champions Gravetender is a piece of piss says I. Hold on says he, I'll just bring my giant werewolf in to frostbite your arse, that'll shut you up.

Hmm. Second time and down he fell. Not bad at all. I fear it's like that to give me false confidence again.

Hmm. Second time and down he fell. Not bad at all. I fear it's like that to give me false confidence again.

Main boss in the DLC is one of the series best for me.

Took me quite a few tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Main boss in the DLC is one of the series best for me.

Took me quite a few tries.

The new Ringed City DLC boss ?
    Oh my fcuking Jaysus I ended up summoning a phantom (was it someone here?) who more or less kicked NK arse for me letting me get in one or two hits. Such respect for you G, holding head in shame and admiration here haha.

Nameless King, Souls of Cinder and Gwyn from DS1 were the bosses I refused to summon for on my first playthroughs. I was determined to beat them alone.

I think the most I've summoned for is maybe Lorian, maybe some **** bosses in DS2 too.

SeantheMan wrote: »

Nameless King, Souls of Cinder and Gwyn from DS1 were the bosses I refused to summon for on my first playthroughs. I was determined to beat them alone.

I think the most I've summoned for is maybe Lorian, maybe some **** bosses in DS2 too.

Looks like I've got Git Gud then so. I'd still be sitting here trying to get used to camera on Nameless King. How dare I use a built in game mechanic.

Edit to add. Apologies, it's early and I'm grumpy. You obviously have more patience than I do StM. I'm sure if I took the time I'd beat him. I've been helping others with Bosses but won't put down my summon sign outside NK as I'll only make the game needlessly harder for current player trying to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Looks like I've got Git Gud then so. I'd still be sitting here trying to get used to camera on Nameless King. How dare I use a built in game mechanic.

Edit to add. Apologies, it's early and I'm grumpy. You obviously have more patience than I do StM. I'm sure if I took the time I'd beat him. I've been helping others with Bosses but won't put down my summon sign outside NK as I'll only make the game needlessly harder for current player trying to beat him.

It's fine.
    I just wanted it for the personal satisfaction.
    People say he's one of it not the best/hardest boss of the 3 series...though it's debatable. So I really wanted the personal sense of achievement from beating him.
    I've summoned people plenty of times, but just specifically for him and the 2 end game bosses I didn't.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The new Ringed City DLC boss ?

Nah, Sister Friede and Co.

Still haven't managed to beat the ringed city boss.

Nah, Sister Friede and Co.

Still haven't managed to beat the ringed city boss.

Man that was the most epic battle ever. I hate the word epic but have no other word to describe it. Is that the end of Ashes now?

Man, you seem to run a lot in TRC. Those angels were a pain in The Dreg Heap then the archers after you arrive at TRC.

I spent yesterday watching VaatiVidyas channel on YouTube. Presume you all know him? He has some quality videos up in relation to Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Very well put together and certain things I missed from the game were quite emotional (e.g.Siegward soul after the toast after Yhorm fight). I subscribed as definitely want to see more from him.

• Advertisement

Man that was the most epic battle ever. I hate the word epic but have no other word to describe it. Is that the end of Ashes now?

Yes. I was delighted when I beat her and then realised it was only the first phase!
    Man, you seem to run a lot in TRC. Those angels were a pain in The Dreg Heap then the archers after you arrive at TRC.

I didn't find either of them too bad in that you had to just avoid them. Those hole for a head guys however are a different story!

Advertisement