Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd say less especially if you include the dlc

I don't have the dlc. Righty, onwards to the catacombs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I hope you mean Havel's ring, that's what I got for it. I've killed the abyss watchers now and headed a little but into the catacombs. From a progress point of view would I be about halfway through the game now or less?

Wow, well done on Abyss Watchers. Took me ages. What did you think of the soundtrack?

I reckon you're about a third of the way, a bit under that even. That's your first Lord of Cinder down, still 3 to go.

Wow, well done on Abyss Watchers. Took me ages. What did you think of the soundtrack?

I reckon you're about a third of the way, a bit under that even. That's your first Lord of Cinder down, still 3 to go.

TBH, the stress levels are so high when fighting bosses that I don't really take notice of the soundtrack!

Made my way through the catacombs and took down the Giant Skeleton lord wjolnir - not the most challenging of bosses it has to be said. The next section seems significantly harder (ithril valley I think its called), got maimed going across the bridge, then tried again and just ran past it, only to get whupped comprehensively again by the tall thin dudes on the other side. I'm thinking I might not be supposed to be here just yet?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Made my way through the catacombs and took down the Giant Skeleton lord wjolnir - not the most challenging of bosses it has to be said. The next section seems significantly harder (ithril valley I think its called), got maimed going across the bridge, then tried again and just ran past it, only to get whupped comprehensively again by the tall thin dudes on the other side. I'm thinking I might not be supposed to be here just yet?

I'm struggling to remember now but Ithryll of the Boreal Valley is a tough area, if you beat the skeleton boss you're probably on track though. Have you exhausted all other routes? How many lords of cinder have you killed?

In fairness, I think everyone died on that bridge :D

• Advertisement

Irithyll is the next area, don't think you can go anywhere else at this stage. Although if you run through it you can find another bonfire and do the dungeon first to level up etc. You might need a guide though, just to give you directions. Irithyll is a tough area, no doubt about it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm struggling to remember now but Ithryll of the Boreal Valley is a tough area, if you beat the skeleton boss you're probably on track though. Have you exhausted all other routes? How many lords of cinder have you killed?

In fairness, I think everyone died on that bridge :D

i think the only lord of cinder i killed is The abyss watchers?

off the top of my head, bosses I've killed are: (and forgive the spellings)

ludex grundyr
    Vordt of the boreal valley
    Rotted Greatwood
    Deacons of the Deep
    Cyrstal sage
    Lord Wolnjir

Being honest, I'd gotten so frustrated with ithril valley, I'd come very close to stopping completely. Had a bit of time to myself this afternoon and gave it another go taking a different tactic. I'm two handing a sharp uchingata+6, and my defense is completely based on avoidance via rolls and dodging, faring much better against the pontiff knights by rolling past them and hitting them with a flurry of blows to prevent them from attacking again. I've opened up a shortcut, and I've also managed to defeat the mutant dog thing from the bridge. Topping it all off, I've also managed to take down pontiff sullyvahn, even though the framerate here took such a dip I thought the game was going to crash completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Being honest, I'd gotten so frustrated with ithril valley, I'd come very close to stopping completely. Had a bit of time to myself this afternoon and gave it another go taking a different tactic. I'm two handing a sharp uchingata+6, and my defense is completely based on avoidance via rolls and dodging, faring much better against the pontiff knights by rolling past them and hitting them with a flurry of blows to prevent them from attacking again. I've opened up a shortcut, and I've also managed to defeat the mutant dog thing from the bridge. Topping it all off, I've also managed to take down pontiff sullyvahn, even though the framerate here took such a dip I thought the game was going to crash completely.

My first run through was literally that and was glad to get out of there. Well done on the pontiff, was the first boss that made me summon eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My first run through was literally that and was glad to get out of there. Well done on the pontiff, was the first boss that made me summon eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The mad thing is though you might hate the area you persevere. Part of the reason I enjoyed it so much, anticipating the next area.

petes wrote: »
    The mad thing is though you might hate the area you persevere. Part of the reason I enjoyed it so much, anticipating the next area.

I've landed in anor londo now, it was a a cool transition using the moving tower to bring you up as far as the big set of steps to the hall before smough&ornstien. I went in the hall and noticed the fog gate in the usual spot. Going to see what's behind it later on today...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've landed in anor londo now, it was a a cool transition using the moving tower to bring you up as far as the big set of steps to the hall before smough&ornstien. I went in the hall and noticed the fog gate in the usual spot. Going to see what's behind it later on today...

May want to do a wee bit more messing with that tower too, just saying...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    May want to do a wee bit more messing with that tower too, just saying...

I've been up and down it a few times, I can see there's a bonfire over where the painted world would have been but no combination of up or down seems to give me a way across. Am I missing something or is it a case of jumping when it's moving?

I've been up and down it a few times, I can see there's a bonfire over where the painted world would have been but no combination of up or down seems to give me a way across. Am I missing something or is it a case of jumping when it's moving?

Prism stones....

Vaati vidya has challenged you all to a PVP tournament. I won't be going but in case any of you would be up for it:

Do post if you are going to participate!

If I didn't eject the disc from my console and snap it in two this weekend, I'll never do it. F@ck alrditch. 😠 time after time he gets me. Rage!!

If I didn't eject the disc from my console and snap it in two this weekend, I'll never do it. F@ck alrditch. 😠 time after time he gets me. Rage!!

Frustrating alright, don't roll through his mad rain arrow thing. Don't do it with Anri as a phantom because when you beat him it doesn't count which I found out the hard way. Man I was Pissed, I thought it was just an unusual way of doing a Boss

Well,

I dont think I could have cut it any closer than this, still, A wins a win!

just goes to show how darks souls can utterly punish you if you're greedy for that last hit.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/37044218

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Hah. I remember beating Ornstein and Smaugh like that. I had a pixel of health left.

• Advertisement

Well,

I dont think I could have cut it any closer than this, still, A wins a win!

just goes to show how darks souls can utterly punish you if you're greedy for that last hit.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/video/37044218

Well done, I'd say your heart was pounding. I've had a few of those, notably
    The Dancer of Boreal Valley
    . Both of us had a sliver of health and I'd no Estus left but got in first. Is that your second or third Lord of Cinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hah. I remember beating Ornstein and Smaugh like that. I had a pixel of health left.

Everyone has an Ornstein and Smough story like that, guarantee you lol

Well done, I'd say your heart was pounding. I've had a few of those, notably
    The Dancer of Boreal Valley
    . Both of us had a sliver of health and I'd no Estus left but got in first. Is that your second or third Lord of Cinder?

I'm not sure, but I'm inclined to say 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

That happened me at Aldrich. I then got teleported to the Dancer. Dancer wasn't moving though. Thought someting was up as it's Souls but no, was a glitch and I could just kill him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Something very weird happened to me today. Got invaded but he didn't want to fight me . Instead he dropped a lot of items for me including about a millions souls. Looks like I can't summon any more now because I'm over powered

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Something very weird happened to me today. Got invaded but he didn't want to fight me . Instead he dropped a lot of items for me including about a millions souls. Looks like I can't summon any more now because I'm over powered

wow, what a guy!

Tylerdurex wrote: »

What platform are you playing on? If PC that's something hackers do that leads to bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What platform are you playing on? If PC that's something hackers do that leads to bans.

What an absolute dick move, the souls community is so good and so bad at the same time

What an absolute dick move, the souls community is so good and so bad at the same time

Yep I agree. Been reading a lot about the hacking problem on PC. Some knob using the handle "Andrew Reynolds " or something said he was trying to highlight to Bandai Namco how the current system can be exploited when really he was just being a dick and got loads of people banned. Sort of glad I don't have a PC as it doesn't really apply to consoles as far as I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Ps4

Advertisement