Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Ps4

Seems an odd one for sure then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

but if he drops souls, what difference does it make unless you use them to level up?

Started a new character 2 days ago. About to take on the Pontiff. The dread. Was attempting a faith build but find I use melee more tho I have 5 spells equipped, miracles and pyromancies.

Started a new character 2 days ago. About to take on the Pontiff. The dread. Was attempting a faith build but find I use melee more tho I have 5 spells equipped, miracles and pyromancies.

best of luck, after beating aldritch and heading for the dungeon area, I've kinda lost interest a little. Must force myself to persevere though, It'll gnaw away at me if I dont.

best of luck, after beating aldritch and heading for the dungeon area, I've kinda lost interest a little. Must force myself to persevere though, It'll gnaw away at me if I dont.

Probably blasphemous saying this but I much prefer this over 1. Probably because it was my first Souls game. I have been playing 1 on and off for the past few weeks. Last 2 bosses done were Sif and Pinwheel. Kind of lost interest and went back to this. 1 just feels so slow and clunky compared to 3. Determined to go solo on any boss I co-op'd on originally, (Nameless King, Twin Princes).

I can understand you losing interest in a similar manner with this as I have with 1. Like you though, I will persevere on that one and eventually get it completed.

• Advertisement

Probably blasphemous saying this but I much prefer this over 1. Probably because it was my first Souls game. I have been playing 1 on and off for the past few weeks. Last 2 bosses done were Sif and Pinwheel. Kind of lost interest and went back to this. 1 just feels so slow and clunky compared to 3. Determined to go solo on any boss I co-op'd on originally, (Nameless King, Twin Princes).

I can understand you losing interest in a similar manner with this as I have with 1. Like you though, I will persevere on that one and eventually get it completed.

I think you generally prefer the first one in the series that you've played.

1 is a flawed masterpiece, and you're just getting to some of the rougher looking bits - lost izalith, etc.
    have you played 2? I ended up really enjoying that, and If I'm being perfectly honest, the drop back to 30fps for 3 is doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

For me, there's a gameplay/universe split between 3 and 1

The overall gameplay experience of 3 is tighter, and it benefits from the new generation environment.

The story and universe-design of 1 is different-level stuff compared to 3.

I think you generally prefer the first one in the series that you've played.

1 is a flawed masterpiece, and you're just getting to some of the rougher looking bits - lost izalith, etc.
    have you played 2? I ended up really enjoying that, and If I'm being perfectly honest, the drop back to 30fps for 3 is doing my head in.

Yes played 2, Scholar of the First Sin edition on PS4. Really enjoyed it but find it relatively easy outside of the DLC parts. Despite starting 3 first I actually finished 2 before it. I had gotten stuck on Abyss Watchers so gave up and started playing 2. Once I finished 2 I picked up again and AW weren't so bad. I actually had to laugh yesterday at how tough I found the Abyss Watchers originally.

And beans, I do agree that the world design in 1 is fantastic. I think I prefer the fast combat of 3. Although coming back to 3 after getting to the Catacombs in 1 it is amazing how many bonfires the former has. I'd seen it mentioned but didn't particularly think anything of it until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I prefer 3 too. So you're ok in my book.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I prefer 3 too. So you're ok in my book.

Very surprised to hear that Sean. Obviously knew you loved both but thought you'd prefer the first. Honestly think you should pick Bloodborne up again. Especially for the Old Hunters expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Definitely pick up Bloodborne again

I think Bloodborne is probably my favourite is at the minute, Souls-wise I'd have to say DS1, I didn't enjoy the increased pace. Just doesn't suit my preferences much.

Then again its the game I'm least familiar with and a lot of these games is knowledge, if I knew the game better I'd probably enjoy it more.

Had a bit of time to myself this morning and actually made good progress, cleared out ithrill dungeon and the profaned capital, even managed to beat yhorm the giant. Had to stop then but looking forward to seeing more. It's funny how a after a break away from the game, you can come back and have a good run.

Had a bit of time to myself this morning and actually made good progress, cleared out ithrill dungeon and the profaned capital, even managed to beat yhorm the giant. Had to stop then but looking forward to seeing more. It's funny how a after a break away from the game, you can come back and have a good run.

I'm at roughly the same part. Beat Yhorm and Aldrich last. From memory, you're not on PS4 sure you're not? Was thinking if you wanted to co op but that may be moot if you're on PC or XBO.

I'm at roughly the same part. Beat Yhorm and Aldrich last. From memory, you're not on PS4 sure you're not? Was thinking if you wanted to co op but that may be moot if you're on PC or XBO.

Xbox1 I'm afraid.

This is one of the best challenges I've seen. Some skill. Spoilers on optional boss Champion Gundyr for anyone still playing.

Gave a few runs at the Dancer of the Boreal Valley last night, came very close once or twice, but in typical DS fashion, I was punished severely for mistakes. At least it doesn't feel cheap like that Aldritch battle, reckon I'll probably crack it tonight, all going well.

I would assume I'm nearing the endgame by this point? (all lords of cinder are down)

Gave a few runs at the Dancer of the Boreal Valley last night, came very close once or twice, but in typical DS fashion, I was punished severely for mistakes. At least it doesn't feel cheap like that Aldritch battle, reckon I'll probably crack it tonight, all going well.

I would assume I'm nearing the endgame by this point? (all lords of cinder are down)

Yep close enough, 3 main story Bosses and 2 optional Bosses after Dancer. Definitely do the optional ones. One of them is the most challenging in the game. Have you got the DLC?

Yep close enough, 3 main story Bosses and 2 optional Bosses after Dancer. Definitely do the optional ones. One of them is the most challenging in the game. Have you got the DLC?

nope, no DLC for me. Its not that I'm not enjoying the game, I'm just starting to feel like I want to play something else and its hard to come back to dark souls if you leave it for too long.

Dancer is down, only took a few goes to crack. Making my way through lothric castle and called it a night when I got as far as two huge dragons. Looking forward to trying to pass them tomorrow

This is going to out me as a Bad Player, but does anyone have any tips for getting past the two beasties that live in the water under
    Anor Londo
    ? They're hiding behind an illusory wall and down a big ladder.

It goes like this: run to the ladder, slide down, pull the one on the left and then get one-shotted. My strategy was supposed to be pull one, roll through attacks and counter-strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

beans wrote: »
    This is going to out me as a Bad Player, but does anyone have any tips for getting past the two beasties that live in the water under
    Anor Londo
    ? They're hiding behind an illusory wall and down a big ladder.

It goes like this: run to the ladder, slide down, pull the one on the left and then get one-shotted. My strategy was supposed to be pull one, roll through attacks and counter-strike.
    These the guys down near the bonfire?

You just need to pull one back towards the ladder and roll through his attacks,
    think they're weak to lightning, then grab the next one. Takes some time but you'll get there

Vicxas wrote: »
    These the guys down near the bonfire?

You just need to pull one back towards the ladder and roll through his attacks,
    think they're weak to lightning, then grab the next one. Takes some time but you'll get there

Think they're resistant to lightning. They use lightning based attacks. I think they're weak to bleed and fire and pretty sure I poisoned the one on the bridge. In saying that I didn't beat these 2. Was getting insta killed by them. I just ran by them to
    the fatty to join the Aldrich faithful covenant but I couldn't so guess you have to kill them

I just ran by them to
    the fatty to join the Aldrich faithful covenant but I couldn't so guess you have to kill them

I managed to do this just before getting murdered by them, so it's possible.

Think they're resistant to lightning. They use lightning based attacks. I think they're weak to bleed and fire and pretty sure I poisoned the one on the bridge. In saying that I didn't beat these 2. Was getting insta killed by them. I just ran by them to

Whoops, got it the wrong way around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They're weak to fire.
    Down below you should lure one with an arrow, and just fight near the ladder or around at the one on the left first.
    He telegraphs his attacks.

Beat Aldrich last night, after a good 20 attempts. Took me that long to get the rhythm down, to figure out when to strike and when to back-off. Really enjoyable fight, my favourite so far. Great character design, too.

Now down to Yhawwn the giant. I will eventually very slowly beat this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Sooooooooo, have not finished this game yet as life, etc got in the way. Beat the Nameless King last night and think i may be nearing the end. Would that be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Sooooooooo, have not finished this game yet as life, etc got in the way. Beat the Nameless King last night and think i may be nearing the end. Would that be correct?

Ya you should be. The nameless king is an option boss (and area) so you should be very close to the end game.

Close enough, there's also the DLC which is quite worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Toughest boss of the vanilla game so well in.

Still haven't beaten the last DLC boss yet but probably the toughest bar Dancer.

Advertisement