Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping crows away from dog feed

Options
  • 02-06-2015 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have greyhounds and they are outside . When I feed them the crows nearly eat all of the food on them . Have any of us any ideas of a dog feeder I could make so that the crows cannot eat them .. Thanks - if ye know a better section for this post tell me thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Conorh123

Conorh123 wrote: »
    I have greyhounds and they are outside . When I feed them the crows nearly eat all of the food on them . Have any of us any ideas of a dog feeder I could make so that the crows cannot eat them .. Thanks - if ye know a better section for this post tell me thanks again

Bump?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Dogs should be gulping there food straight away,you cant leave food lying around in case of rats,if they are pickey take food away and feed them 3 times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Simple solution keep the dog feed away from the crows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Not really something I'd recommend but one of my neighbours who rears a few has one of these. I've seen them on vegetable patches in the past. Pretty much a fishing pole with a kite that looks like a hawk. I'd say it would only work for a while before they get too smart.

Fliegende_Falkenattrappe_.JPG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

is that Kes From the Film ???

How about Putting a scarecrow over the feeder

• Advertisement

Conorh123 wrote: »

Only give them what they'll eat straight away. Leaving leftovers with them will only encourage vermin. Feed them more often, rather than big feeds that they don't eat.

Advertisement