Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar 10 19.7.15 @ 11am

Options
  • 02-06-2015 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Second year of Mullingar 10 on the 19th of July '15 at 11am. Great race last year that a few others here can vouch for, those that done the Mullingar Half in March i'm sure will say Mullingar Harriers put on a good race. Entry €20 via Precision Timing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

tang1 wrote: »
    Second year of Mullingar 10 on the 19th of July '15 at 11am. Great race last year that a few others here can vouch for, those that done the Mullingar Half in March i'm sure will say Mullingar Harriers put on a good race. Entry €20 via Precision Timing.

What's the course like Tang, is it similar to the Mullingar half? (i.e. flat)

+1 to the organisation of the half this year. For a first time race it was remarkably smooth, probably my favourite race of the year so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

menoscemo wrote: »
    What's the course like Tang, is it similar to the Mullingar half? (i.e. flat)

+1 to the organisation of the half this year. For a first time race it was remarkably smooth, probably my favourite race of the year so far.

I'd call it rolling than flat, yaboya1's race from last year is in the GPS races thread, but its not showing elevation to me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I'd call it rolling than flat, yaboya1's race from last year is in the GPS races thread, but its not showing elevation to me for some reason.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/551893024
    It seems pretty favourable from the data but like Tang I would say it's a bit more 'rolling' than this suggests.
    Overall a fair enough course and certainly a bit flatter than the Frank Duffy I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

Mainly flat lads. A PB course to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Thinking of giving this a try. What's it like for access, parking, registration? Looking at Google maps it start/finish looks like narrow country roads all around.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Thinking of giving this a try. What's it like for access, parking, registration? Looking at Google maps it start/finish looks like narrow country roads all around.
    Thanks

Its easily accessed, take first Mullingar exit off M4, it was signposted from there last year. Ample parking in fields about half mile from registration/few hundred yards from finish line. The only part of road that was congested was the starting line, this may be a bigger issue this year if they start from same place as i'd say the will double there numbers at least from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

I finally bit the bullet and signed up (based on the recommendations above)...presume numbers are collected on morning rather than posted out, anyone know for sure ?
    Anyone know where I coudl find last years results ( so I can see how far back I'll be) and anticipated numbers for this year ?
    Cheers
    Lex

Lex Luther wrote: »
    I finally bit the bullet and signed up (based on the recommendations above)...presume numbers are collected on morning rather than posted out, anyone know for sure ?
    Anyone know where I coudl find last years results ( so I can see how far back I'll be) and anticipated numbers for this year ?
    Cheers
    Lex

Collected on the morning at Dalystown National School Lex, last years results are on Precision Timing, they had 270 odd last year. I'd say you could double that at least for this year.

Just giving this a bump, anymore here doing it?

I'm in, got e-mail today looking for t shirt size. Looking forward to it as 1st long race (>5k) since Trim so will be a good fitness test altough man flu struck this week so have the excuses in the bag already😀
    Are you chasing a time tang?

• Advertisement

I'm in, got e-mail today looking for t shirt size. Looking forward to it as 1st long race (>5k) since Trim so will be a good fitness test altough man flu struck this week so have the excuses in the bag already😀
    Are you chasing a time tang?

No Slow Runner, i'll either use it to do a session or do it as an easy run. What about yourself?

A fitness test for me to see where I'm at at this stage for DCM. Plan to go out at 7:45 min/mile pace (my HM PB pace) and see how I am, will push on if feeling good or slow down if struggling but I do plan to push myself.
    Feeling a bit crappy this week with a sore throat/aches which may slow me down but still a good tempo session.

A fitness test for me to see where I'm at at this stage for DCM. Plan to go out at 7:45 min/mile pace (my HM PB pace) and see how I am, will push on if feeling good or slow down if struggling but I do plan to push myself.
    Feeling a bit crappy this week with a sore throat/aches which may slow me down but still a good tempo session.

I'll be in white singlet, black shorts, yellow runners and shaven head. Give me a shout if you see me.

I'll be in white singlet, black shorts, yellow runners and shaven head. Give me a shout if you see me.

See you there so, I'll be in white singlet (St Cocas), black shorts, blue runners and bald head - oh and I'll be the one hocking up a lung on the side of the road:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I'll be in white singlet, black shorts, yellow runners and shaven head.
    See you there so, I'll be in white singlet (St Cocas), black shorts, blue runners and bald head

Are you two brothers? :D

yaboya1 wrote: »

Maybe i have 2 boards accounts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Yeah, Im gonna be doing this - Did it last year and it was a fantastic race

Me too.

Anyone on for sticking up an aul' table there??
    :)

yaboya1 wrote: »

yeah I'm the good looking albeit slower one:D

Gonna have to give this a miss now, appears sore throat has developed into chest infection - 10 miler in the rain probably not best thing to clear it up.
    Best of luck to all on Sunday

belcarra wrote: »
    Me too.

Anyone on for sticking up an aul' table there??
    :)

You start!!

• Advertisement

yeah I'm the good looking albeit slower one:D

Gonna have to give this a miss now, appears sore throat has developed into chest infection - 10 miler in the rain probably not best thing to clear it up.
    Best of luck to all on Sunday

Thats a shame, look after yourself.

You start!!

Not a table but...here are my targets:
    • Gold - Sub 70mins
    • Silver - New PB of sub 71:36*
    • Bronze - Beat Tang's time from last year (72:38);)

* Just looking back, this PB was done 2 days after the Tralee marathon in 2013 with a skipful of pints in between...Definitely didn't appreciate my fitness at that time!:pac:

Not a table but...here are my targets:
    • Gold - Sub 70mins
    • Silver - New PB of sub 71:36*
    • Bronze - Beat Tang's time from last year (72:38);)

* Just looking back, this PB was done 2 days after the Tralee marathon in 2013 with a skipful of pints in between...Definitely didn't appreciate my fitness at that time!:pac:

My goals are not to fly off with you like last year and run it at sensible pace after Wednesdays 5k. Say your confident enough of sub 70 J?

My goals are not to fly off with you like last year and run it at sensible pace after Wednesdays 5k. Say your confident enough of sub 70 J?

Roles are reversed somewhat from last year when I couldn't keep with your pace and ended up running a very poor race finishing in 78:xx. That was amidst my own injury issues with a hamstring that wouldn't heal for several months (not helped by me coming back too soon too many times!:rolleyes:)

I'll give sub 70 a bash but not at all that confident! The race will be a marker for where my training is right now ahead of Berlin and will influence my training until the end of August.
    Predictors are suggesting it is quite possible but you don't know until the day itself...lets just hope the rain doesn't cause too many issues!!:cool:

Roles are reversed somewhat from last year when I couldn't keep with your pace and ended up running a very poor race finishing in 78:xx. That was amidst my own injury issues with a hamstring that wouldn't heal for several months (not helped by me coming back too soon too many times!:rolleyes:)

I'll give sub 70 a bash but not at all that confident! The race will be a marker for where my training is right now ahead of Berlin and will influence my training until the end of August.
    Predictors are suggesting it is quite possible but you don't know until the day itself...lets just hope the rain doesn't cause too many issues!!:cool:

If the weather plays ball its certainly a quick enough route, its teeming with rain and blowing a gale here in the Midlands at the minute so hopefully that doesn't keep up. Remember you saying your hammer was at you last year alright, i'll be happy with your finishing time from last year on Sunday although i would love to be racing it.

i'll be happy with your finishing time from last year on Sunday although i would love to be racing it.

Tullamore HM on 29th August for the ultimate showdown?!
    The battle of the villages!!
    Race each other to sub 90?
    (You may have already gone sub 90?:o)

Weather looking like it will have cleared for 11am on Sunday!
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dalystown_House/hour_by_hour.html

Tullamore HM on 29th August for the ultimate showdown?!
    The battle of the villages!!
    Race each other to sub 90?
    (You may have already gone sub 90?:o)

9 times out of 10 i'd bite your hand off with that challenge J, but Sunday will be the longest run i'll do for rest of the year. Just going to do 5ks and maybe a 10k for rest of year, want to go twelve months without injury. And i've 90secs or so to take off the half marathon PB yet to go sub 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Belcarra - Was it you I might half way around Berlin last year?

• Advertisement

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    Belcarra - Was it you I might half way around Berlin last year?

That was me all right!
    MH t shirt, yeah?

Advertisement