Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar 10 19.7.15 @ 11am

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

belcarra wrote: »
    That was me all right!
    MH t shirt, yeah?

Ah yeah, thats the one, If I remember correctly you were in fact wearing the Mullingar 10 t-shirt from last year.

I see you're doing Berlin again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

jmcc99_98 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, thats the one, If I remember correctly you were in fact wearing the Mullingar 10 t-shirt from last year.

I see you're doing Berlin again this year.

I had to check myself there but yes indeed, I was wearing the 10 miler t shirt!
    Think I'll wear it again on Sunday...must dig it out!

Back to Berlin alright for a proper crack at the course this year.
    What's in your plans?

I had to check myself there but yes indeed, I was wearing the 10 miler t shirt!
    Think I'll wear it again on Sunday...must dig it out!

Back to Berlin alright for a proper crack at the course this year.
    What's in your plans?

Spent a good deal of the late winter and the spring injured so only really getting back at it now.

Mullingar 10, Lough Sheelin Challenge (16m), Athlone HM and then DCM. Still trying for the elusive Sub-4, you might recall I missed it by less than 90secs in Berlin.

All going well I might try Clonakilty in December - Also have name in ballot for London 2016.

Thats right I remember now, you were taking it relatively easy in Berlin last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

Not a table but...here are my targets:
    • Gold - Sub 70mins
    • Silver - New PB of sub 71:36*
    • Bronze - Beat Tang's time from last year (72:38);)
    * Just looking back, this PB was done 2 days after the Tralee marathon in 2013 with a skipful of pints in between...Definitely didn't appreciate my fitness at that time!:pac:

Here's mine..
    Gold - sub 63.30 new PB (impossible, wont happen)
    Silver - sub 65 (will be very very disappointed if dont)
    Bronze - there is no bronze !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Hats off to Mullingar Harriers, excellent race again this year from start to finish. Loads of races could learn a thing or two from them.

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Hats off to Mullingar Harriers, excellent race again this year from start to finish. Loads of races could learn a thing or two from them.

How'd you do B?
    Think I saw you in a tri outfit but was never near enough to grab your attention.
    I came home in 70:45, so silver prize to me.
    Happy with that as I was never going to be 45 secs quicker today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

How'd you do B?
    Think I saw you in a tri outfit but was never near enough to grab your attention.
    I came home in 70:45, so silver prize to me.
    Happy with that as I was never going to be 45 secs quicker today.

74.28 J, balls to not seeing you, hung around the finish line for good 15 mins after finishing to see if i could see you. Figured you had headed for the Hyde at that stage. Nice running.

tang1 wrote: »

Fully agree, really well organised race, very runner orientated , good fair course, nice running surface, well flagged mile markers, nice to have 5k and 10k splits, good stewarding, nice finish at teh pub, super spread, great to have the results up so quickly....very well done to all involved and deserves to grow in numbers.
    Lex

Gold or Silver Lex??

What do you mean about the 5k/10k splits? Just overall gun time results from what I can see??

That is one little negative that I would have in that there is no starting mat/gantry and therefore it encourages people up to the front to get their best time.
    On a narrow starting point like that it could easily result in a trip, etc if the numbers grow.
    I do like the way the road widens so quickly though and means a release of the congestion very quickly.

Hope to be back for the three in a row next year!

Gold or Silver Lex??

What do you mean about the 5k/10k splits? Just overall gun time results from what I can see??

That is one little negative that I would have in that there is no starting mat/gantry and therefore it encourages people up to the front to get their best time.
    On a narrow starting point like that it could easily result in a trip, etc if the numbers grow.
    I do like the way the road widens so quickly though and means a release of the congestion very quickly.

Hope to be back for the three in a row next year!

Silver (64.23) for me but I'm happy with that as I've never run much faster than that to be honest.

About the splits they had the road marked at 5k and 10k and a steward calling out the times...I'm an old fashioned non garmin wearer so I appreciated that.

Agree with you on the start which was probably the only negative I'd have - there was a big potential for disaster and in an ideal world you'd have people coming to the race from behind the start line rather than from in front. An idea I've seen is get everyone to first congregate at a false start line way back from the real start and then walk people up...

Lex

• Advertisement

Ahh, I never noticed those splits being called at all!!
    Well done on the Silver!

Another great race this year. Weather was absolutely perfect too, not as warm as it was last year which helped.

I managed 77.30 which I am delighted with, it's 2 minutes faster than I did last year so more than happy with that.

My race report for this is available here.

Advertisement