Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to give CC number when paying account

Options
  • 02-06-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey everyone, I paid my husbands refit card from my current account. I forgot to put the credit card number in as the reference. I put his name instead. It's been 5 days (2 working days) since the payment. The money has gone from my account but there's no sign of it on the credit card. I've rang the bank and they don't have a payment reference to provide. Does anyone know is there any other way of tracing the payment?! It's over two grand so I'm freaking out here. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Have you tried ringing the number on the credit card. They should be able to trace it once his name is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbh

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Have you tried ringing the number on the credit card. They should be able to trace it once his name is on it.

I haven't, I presumed because the card was in his name that they wouldn't speak to me and I also haven't told my husband yet that I forgot to give the cc ref on the payment. Trying to hold off until I have explored every avenue possible lol. Thanks though, I'll try ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

They may speak to you if you explain you are not looking for any personal information. I imagine the money is sitting in a "house" account and because it doesn't have the account number it will probably sit there until the get a phone call.

Something similar happened with a standing order I had for the CU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Could you ring your bank and request a chargeback? Then just make the payment again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sbh

Rang them today, the rep said that I have to wait the five working days before they can investigate further. They said they should be able to trace it otherwise, hopefully that is the case and they weren't trying to get the crazy woman off the phone lol. If this doesn't work I'll have the try the chargeback. Will ring PTSB tomorrow and see if that's a possibility. I thought chargebacks were only for mastercards though?

• Advertisement
Advertisement