Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre

Options
  • 02-06-2015 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to check if my phone line will definitely be updated to efibre? I think my local exchange is in Bridgend in Co. Donegal. On the efibre map it says it will be launching August - September 2015. I live a few miles from the exchange in Burt so want to know if it will be available to me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dannyc1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to check if my phone line will definitely be updated to efibre? I think my local exchange is in Bridgend in Co. Donegal. On the efibre map it says it will be launching August - September 2015. I live a few miles from the exchange in Burt so want to know if it will be available to me?

Thanks.
    Hi dannyc1

I'll be happy to look in to this for you if you PM me your specific address or land line number

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dannyc1

Hi Alan,

I have just sent you a PM there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Sorry for hijacking but, According to the map on http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

I live in an area that is currently covered. But having checked the landline no. guess what...not available!

Hi Alan,

I have just sent you a PM there.
    Thanks for you PM dannyc1

I've looked in to this in detail and I'm sorry to confirm that I'll be unable to offer you an indication of when eFibre will be available to your line/specific area.

The exchange in Bridgend is indeed due to be upgraded to eFibre in the next three months however your line is outside of the 2Km reach. eFibre coverage only reaches up to 2Km from the enabled cabinet or exchange I'm sorry to say.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dannyc1

Thanks Alan,

Had a feeling that would be the case, we always seem to be left behind in this area even though we are on the main letterkenny to derry road. I will have to look into other options as we are lucky to get 2mbs download at times.

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan,

Had a feeling that would be the case, we always seem to be left behind in this area even though we are on the main letterkenny to derry road. I will have to look into other options as we are lucky to get 2mbs download at times.
    No worries dannyc1

Genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news

Al

Advertisement