Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding for HUAWEI HG659b router

Options
  • 02-06-2015 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi there,

Does anyone know the steps on how to port forward on the HUAWEI HG659b router. I can access/login to the router but I am unsure where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Login
    Click advanced tab,select NAT then Port Mapping select customized.
    Fill in the desired fields and submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

Thanks for getting back to me, but I cant do these steps as the HUWAEI HG659b doesn't have an advanced tab.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Id say its Internet>Network>Security

Whats the options from login?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jcaiken

Login as admin
    Check the list of devices connected to your LAN "Home Network / LAN Devices" and note the address (MAC address, not IP) of the one you need to connect
    Select "Internet/Forwarding"
    Add 'New Port Mapping"
    Either select a suitable application from the pull-down list or "Add New Application"
    Select the device on your LAN
    Enter the Port No. (same number for External and both Internal)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mgirod

Has anybody been able to forward port 22?
    In fact, to forward any port in practice following the instructions above?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mgirod

Sorry... I was!
    Only I fail to use it from my own LAN. It works only from outside!
    Which is of course what matters.

Advertisement