Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse - how much is live ?

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen Muse on telly live in concert several times. How much of their stuff is live ? It sounds too artificial to my ears to be all fully live.
    Anyone any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Might be the odd triggered backing keyboard/effect but Muse are pretty much full on live from what i have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They have a 4th guy doing a lot of the backing vocals, the keyboard work and I think for one of the new songs they have a guitar tech switching the effects for some new songs for Matt live, aside from that... it's all live.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Muse are definitely one of the best live bands on the go. I've seen them live about 6 times or more over the past few years and they never disappoint! Indoors/ outdoors at festivals or on their own tours their live shows are second to none! The sounds, lights, special effects are always fantastic...and they have an incredible stage presence, not to mention the quality of their tunes... definitely not to be missed!

Really hoping they add a Dublin gig to their tour this year! Fingers crossed! (Ahem, I am pretty much their biggest fan so my opinion might be a bit biased!!)

Sheog wrote: »
    Muse are definitely one of the best live bands on the go. I've seen them live about 6 times or more over the past few years and they never disappoint! Indoors/ outdoors at festivals or on their own tours their live shows are second to none! The sounds, lights, special effects are always fantastic...and they have an incredible stage presence, not to mention the quality of their tunes... definitely not to be missed!

Really hoping they add a Dublin gig to their tour this year! Fingers crossed! (Ahem, I am pretty much their biggest fan so my opinion might be a bit biased!!)

As much as I prefer arena to stadium / large gigs. I'd love to see them in Aviva / Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Watched & recorded the Radio 1 gig a few weeks back and they're so good that it's hard to believe they're 100% live.

Don't think the backing vocals is anyway from Chris on bass.

Here it is for anyone who is interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5_5YPLWkwA

HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Watched & recorded the Radio 1 gig a few weeks back and they're so good that it's hard to believe they're 100% live.

Don't think the backing vocals is anyway from Chris on bass.

Here it is for anyone who is interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5_5YPLWkwA

HD

Watched Supermassive blackhole there....that is Chris on backing. He just kinda talks into the mic. I had a recording from his monitor of a Wembley show, he doesn't really try to sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

They use a lot of backing tracks for non-guitar/Piano instruments, and a very sophisticated routing system for controlling guitar and bass tones. Chris has a perfect tone for every song, but uses different combinations of amps/effects which are more than likely midi controlled off the same system as matts pedals/amps. Its broadway like in its production. As bad as that new album is, they are well able to play!

Best album in a while from them. Not a great ending but it has its moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

They have gone downhill since BHaR, but as a live band they are one of the best .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

novarock wrote: »
    They use a lot of backing tracks for non-guitar/Piano instruments, and a very sophisticated routing system for controlling guitar and bass tones. Chris has a perfect tone for every song, but uses different combinations of amps/effects which are more than likely midi controlled off the same system as matts pedals/amps. Its broadway like in its production. As bad as that new album is, they are well able to play!

They have a fourth member when they tour since 09 or 10? He looks after Keys,Synths,effects etc.

He is involved in the performance below but when it comes to the interview section he is not involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement