Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potatoes

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I threw a few rows of roosters in the ground this evening. Was it too late? Waste of time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Nope, I don't think it was a waste of time, but I wouldn't be in a rush to harvest them. We planted some Christmas ones around the start of September last year and they grew quite happily through the Autumn & Winter and were ready for Christmas.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

No ,throwing chickens around is not to be tollerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

zagmund wrote: »
    Nope, I don't think it was a waste of time, but I wouldn't be in a rush to harvest them. We planted some Christmas ones around the start of September last year and they grew quite happily through the Autumn & Winter and were ready for Christmas.

z

Thanks, I'm a bit of a potato novice - have loads of ground and a few record seeds as well which I'll plant tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A Rooster potato would be main corp, so you're fine to start growing them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

I threw a few rows of roosters in the ground this evening. Was it too late? Waste of time?

I plan to put some in the Polly tunnel next week for very late supply

• Advertisement
Advertisement