Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour's music

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I finally found somewhere nice to rent and had been happy out in my apartment until Christmas when a noisy person moved upstairs. I can deal with doors slamming, cars beeping outside and general noise that comes with apartment living but I can't deal with thumpy, heavy bass music. This neighbour doesn't seem to work and plays insanely loud music at night and often has all nighters during the weekend at the weekend. It has just started now and could go on until 2 or 5 or even 8 am! I have to get up at 630 for work. I have approched this neighbour and they promised to turn it down but they don't. I am beyond irritated at this stage. Earplugs and white noise don't drown out the bass from dance music. The flat beside theirs is empty so I have no ally and we don't seem to have a management company (old apartments). I told my landlord that I would have to break my lease and go if it can't be sorted. He is under the impression that the noisy neighbour is on the RAS scheme and can't be evicted. This sounds wrong to me. Can I complain to the council? I am reluctant to involve the Gardai and don't want to fight noise with noise because my neighbours on mt floor are nice and quiet.

There are loads of threads about noisy neighbours but none abour RAS recipients. Any adviec would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A RAS recipient has no more rights than a private renter. The advice from previous threads is still relevant ;)

Advertisement