Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre mature ageing neck

Options
  • 02-06-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all, I am only 37 and have this problem for a few years now. I am a young 37 and this is really starting to freak me out! I look after my skin very well and often people don't believe me when I say my age but my neck makes me feel 57! I wear scarves etc to hide it but I'm very conscious of it. I'm sure it stands out more to me more than to others but it is getting worse gradually. Does anyone know of any really good creams or treatments that I could get? Or anyone else with same problem?

Thanks! Xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I sympathise completey I had the same problem, have you tried facial exercise, this does help firm up the neck, you could try Ageless if You Dare or Eva Fraser, they are both good routines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jwizzle

I know this sounds crazy but use hand cream on your neck
    Massage upwards
    Put sunscreen on everyday including in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Agree with @Jwizzle you moisturise & apply SPF on your neck, include dÃ႒©colletÃ႒© /chest while you're at it.
    I had laser treatment a few years ago to treat broken capillaries on my face. The woman carrying out the procedure did my whole face & also my neck area. Apart from the expected benefit I also noticed an improvement in the lines on my neck. It was completely unexpected. I don't know if it would help you but it might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Can I ask a question on the broken capillaries, my husband has really bad ones and I want him to get them done, was it a success? and was it expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

re: neck -- don't forget to exfoliate from time to time. gently, and follow up with moisturizer.

(Ground almonds is a very good one to use; it is gentle, non-abrasive, and non-polluting).

Use moisturiser on the neck, every time you do your face, automatically, morning and evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Hi @Zelda247, I found it brilliant but the effects were not permanent for me. I have rosacea so this was to be expected. I expect the results vary from person to person.
    I got mine done with a dermatologist so I probably paid more than if I went to a beauty salon. I went every six weeks over a six month period and then for the occasional top-up if I felt I needed it.
    I would happily get it done again if I could afford it! :)

Advertisement