Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online timeout and login problems

• 03-06-2015 12:38am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Will you please give the peope in the "Security" section a kicking, and let them know in the strongest possible terms that their timeout restrictions on 365 online are completely inappropriate and unhelpful.

I have just made a payment to a supplier in Germany, which in itself is at last a step in the right direction, 

The problem is that in order to complete that payment, I have had to log in to my account about 9, yes NINE times, due to the pathetic restrictions that are in place on timeout lengths.

Between having to go to external sites to get correct information for a SWIFT code, and waiting for the text code to arrive for the new payee, and the regular and frequently reported problems with the incorrect processing of cookies that results in failed logins, what should have been a simple and straight forward process was a total nightmare to complete, and ended up taking about 4 times as long as it should have to complete. My browser is set to clear cookies between uses, so in theory, a log in should work first time, but very regularly, it does not.

The timeout period for 365 online is way too short to allow for any sort of actions using other programs or packages, and there are times when there is no option other than to use external programs while also using the banking program, the IBAN I was sent was correct, but the SWIFT code was wrong, and by the time I had found the correct code, the session had timed out, so I had to re enter all the data relating to the supplier, rather than just correct the SWIFT code.

We're not all 20 year old geeks that type at the speed of light, and we don't all have in house gigabit internet speeds, so it's often the case, even at midnight, when it's just not possible to complete the required input within the ridiculously short time out period that's allowed.

So, will you please feed back to the relevant people that they need to look very seriously at the crazy restrictions that they have put in place on the system, and change them to a more realistic period of time.

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

Will you please give the peope in the "Security" section a kicking, and let them know in the strongest possible terms that their timeout restrictions on 365 online are completely inappropriate and unhelpful.

I have just made a payment to a supplier in Germany, which in itself is at last a step in the right direction, 

The problem is that in order to complete that payment, I have had to log in to my account about 9, yes NINE times, due to the pathetic restrictions that are in place on timeout lengths.

Between having to go to external sites to get correct information for a SWIFT code, and waiting for the text code to arrive for the new payee, and the regular and frequently reported problems with the incorrect processing of cookies that results in failed logins, what should have been a simple and straight forward process was a total nightmare to complete, and ended up taking about 4 times as long as it should have to complete. My browser is set to clear cookies between uses, so in theory, a log in should work first time, but very regularly, it does not.

The timeout period for 365 online is way too short to allow for any sort of actions using other programs or packages, and there are times when there is no option other than to use external programs while also using the banking program, the IBAN I was sent was correct, but the SWIFT code was wrong, and by the time I had found the correct code, the session had timed out, so I had to re enter all the data relating to the supplier, rather than just correct the SWIFT code.

We're not all 20 year old geeks that type at the speed of light, and we don't all have in house gigabit internet speeds, so it's often the case, even at midnight, when it's just not possible to complete the required input within the ridiculously short time out period that's allowed.

So, will you please feed back to the relevant people that they need to look very seriously at the crazy restrictions that they have put in place on the system, and change them to a more realistic period of time.

Thanks

Steve
    I would like to second that. The times are way too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thanks

Steve
    Hi Irish Steve,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback here, we appreciate any feedback from our customers. As always, we will ensure to send on your comments to our 365 Online development team.  

Thanks again,
    Sarah

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1 WonLo

In 2023 I'm still having this problem. Was it ever sorted ? . If so, could someone post the answer or a link , please ?

Advertisement