Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Study

• 03-06-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey all, I've decided that I will start revising over summer. Although I have read numerous posts suggesting that summer study is a bad idea I can't help but feel that doing it can only bring positive outcomes. Don't get me wrong, I won't be prioritising it over any parties or anything. I really want to challenge myself to try do the best I possibly can in the leaving cert, and think that this will significantly help. I plan on revising all my subjects briefly without having to study hard at many of them, more so to just keep myself familiar with the content ( excluding app maths ) and maybe glance through a few exam papers. The subjects I do are ; English, Irish (OL), Maths, Business, Biology, Geography, Spanish & App Maths(which I do with a grinds teacher)

The purpose of this post is to try and gain some feedback (not so much what I should study but how long per day should I allocate to solely revising and anything else really) off people who have previously done anything of the sort and perhaps those who intend on doing it. Others insight is also greatly appreciated.

I appreciate that this is a long post and thank you in advance for reading this.

Thanks, Fiona.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lolo97

Hey there,
    I am in 5th year and I plan on doing the same this summer. Sure its no harm on going back over 5th year material. What I intend on doing is this: for 5th year summer exams I have summaries and notes and exam questions done out and saved in a folder so they come in really handy for some quick revision. So at least an hour a day, some days you might even forget or be busy, but an hour going back over my notes will help drill in material, even if its a small thing.
    Maybe in August I will dedicate more time for some study especially with what I struggled in 5th year, and I think its fair enough to have a little time allocated during 3 months of summer. That being said ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!! Make the most of it, relax as much as possible, cuz Leaving Cert year, you will have no time for relaxing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

All right enjoy yourself studying then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I'd imagine you'd find yourself burnt out from study halfway through 6th Year.

Surely you'd have plenty of time for studying if you waited until September or October at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

I'd say revision books would work nicely. Buy the Revise Wise for biology and business, and then LSMS for Maths. 1 chapter per 2 subjects each night will be grand, not too much, not too little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

I think everyone gets burnt out in 6th year no matter how late they start, so I'd say a little bit over the summer wouldn't do any harm.

If I could go back again I'd just get organised, put notes into folders and whatnot. That would save a lot of pain in 6th year, trust me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Leave the books aside and enjoy your Summer. The LC isn't that difficult that you should need to spend your Summer studying. If you start in October onwards and do a bit each night then you will have ample time to cover everything. Once you get a study plan/routine going then you will fly through the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fjollybxo

I feel that the majority of you have this perception of study being extremely hard and strenuous. I won't be slaving over books for hours and writing them out. I plan on just going the the course content that I have already covered to be more familiar with it and not forget it and maybe even discover things that I didn't notice at the first go, as I think we all know the bigger picture is not always seen at first glance.

Would this be helpful in this come June next year?

Advertisement