Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC English Paper 1 - Higher Level - June 3rd***

• 02-06-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Does the short story have to be in the third person!?!?! :O :O :O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does the short story have to be in the third person!?!?! :O :O :O

No, write it from any perspective you want.

And go to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

No, write it from any perspective you want.

And go to sleep

Was reading notes from a well known grinds school that my brothers girlfriend had given me saw it and freaked! Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

One down! :D

Very nice paper, lovely theme and topics. Now to cram for the hard one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

T'was a good paper, comprehensions were a bit strange though- I was hoping for a novel extract.
    Now Frost better come up on Paper 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matii10

I know this may sound strange but what's "an introduction"? Don't think we have ever done that and that question was pretty much my only choice as I did Bono's question A and wouldn't go near the ghost comprehension. Was it allright to write an article about the elderly for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

matii10 wrote: »
    I know this may sound strange but what's "an introduction"? Don't think we have ever done that and that question was pretty much my only choice as I did Bono's question A and wouldn't go near the ghost comprehension. Was it allright to write an article about the elderly for it?
    I did the same, hopefully it's alright. From talking to people it seems like everyone did Bono QA and elderly QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Does anyone know for the letter to the principal, should you have written in an address?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Well done everyone! What were the comprehension topics like? Fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Pacman96

blobcat wrote: »
    Does anyone know for the letter to the principal, should you have written in an address?

I didnt anyway hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I did anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Yep. Address should have been included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Did Speech and Letter. Text 3 Comp A. Overall all rightyo

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

I thought that was a nice paper. Hopefully tomorrow is as good and there are no surprises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Did the ghost QA and elderly QB. That QA was the best thing ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Done Question A on Text 2, Question B on Text 1, and the personal essay about endings.

Pretty happy with how it went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

What? Everyone in my class did the letter, then ghost writing A questions.. Great paper imo, lets hope P2 is just as nice.

Letter format is : top right your address, then below date, then bottom left senders address right ? Thats what i did anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭TheSunderz

Did text 1 A and text 2 B on autobiographies then q3 speech very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I made a mess of question B. I was 2 pages into the old people one, then realised it was complete waffle and stature doing the short story article thing but time ran out and I only got 1.5 pages done. I feel so stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

For text 2, ghost writing one, what features of style did you guys say for q2 ? I said that contains quotes and historical info, and then for engaging i said that it had a personal touch, experiences, etc. is that fine ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I thought that went quite well thankfully. Did QA on the ghosts, QB on Bono and the speech. Now to completely forget about it. One down, nine to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

I wrote his address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

QA on elderly QB letter. Very apt because our graduation was a shambles because of no help. Lots of venting done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Questiin A on ghost stirs was beautiful! I don't know why moat people said they ran away from it. The commentary on covers was really good as well, managed to get four points about them.

Question B was letter. I assumed you only had to write the principles address, doubt it matters though as you wouldn't be posting it out or anything. They'd be in the same school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frie

For part (iii) on the text 3 part A, what were you supposed to write?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Okay, I didn't put addresses on my letter as I would have thought there was no need as you're a student in the school? Will there be much marks lost?
    Also I did the Un speech brought in the influences of celebrities and the power of social media and how we can counteract those struggles we face as a result of negative influences? Was that too tangental or..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

examstress wrote: »
    Okay, I didn't put addresses on my letter as I would have thought there was no need as you're a student in the school? Will there be much marks lost?
    Also I did the Un speech brought in the influences of celebrities and the power of social media and how we can counteract those struggles we face as a result of negative influences? Was that too tangental or..?

Its seems logical not to write addresses. And even if its wrong which I doubt, you'll barely lose any marks. You have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Scirpt

I wrote about how I used to visit with an old man who was my neighbour and how I learned from his experiences etc. for the Question B. I said that they offer young people life lessons from their vast experience and so on. Is that okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I did the QB the Bonos graduation speech I wasn't 100% about the article and I didn't know the layout for an introduction so I figured it was my safest! I did the QA on the ghost one which I found ok. For the composition I was happy enough but I dunno if I did the short story ok does getting aids seem like a challenge to overcome cause theres no proper cure so you techinically cannot overcome it?? :/ A bit worried if I messed that bit up..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 frie

Almost ran out of time, got it finished, but not as well as I would have liked, didn't get to think about the questions before writing them, I think I spent too much time at the beginning reading the text and answering first bit of A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Jason_H

Yeah apparently you had to write your address on the top right hand corner, the date, and then his address on the left as its a formal letter.

Also did anyone else do the short story about difficulties?

Advertisement