Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***2015 LC English Paper 1 - Higher Level - June 3rd***

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 andreideeu

Would i lose many marks if i forgot the ? and how many?

1. forgot to put a title for the personal essay (personal essay about endings)
    2. forgot to mention my actual name in the essay (personal essay about endings)
    3. forgot to say regards at the end of the letter (text1 Qb)

sorry im asking but i was very stressed out with this first exam and completly forgot about these things :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

andreideeu wrote: »
    Would i lose many marks if i forgot the ? and how many?

1. forgot to put a title for the personal essay (personal essay about endings)
    2. forgot to mention my actual name in the essay (personal essay about endings)
    3. forgot to say regards at the end of the letter (text1 Qb)

sorry im asking but i was very stressed out with this first exam and completly forgot about these things :(

If you wrote the number for the Q you don't have to use the heading
    None, there was no need to use your name
    Probably only 1 or 2, it wouldnt be a big deal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9 andreideeu

If you wrote the number for the Q you don't have to use the heading
    None, there was no need to use your name
    Probably only 1 or 2, it wouldnt be a big deal imo

thx mate, was really stressed out that i would lose allot of marks

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Well the hope of a c3 is all but gone going to have to pray for a good paper 2moro to pass :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

If I forgot to title my short story, how many marks have I lost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

If I forgot to title my short story, how many marks have I lost?

fecking hell, didn't do it either. I doubt anything, at most maybe like 1-2 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭-ilikeshorts

Pop The Cherry Comedy's take on today's English Paper 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1WSOZ0QhCw&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Pop The Cherry Comedy's take on today's English Paper 1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1WSOZ0QhCw&feature=youtu.be

they deserve way more subscribers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    fecking hell, didn't do it either. I doubt anything, at most maybe like 1-2 marks.

you're supposed to title a short story O_o? this is news to me, ooops.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

Cog96 wrote: »
    Anyone have a go at that Romance article ? Not sure how i did it to be honest

Yeah I did the romance article although I only got like 3.5 pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

dazzadazza wrote: »
    Yeah I did the romance article although I only got like 3.5 pages.

I did it too! Mine was... Two? Two and a half? I spent a page having a go at 50SoG and Twilight and then I started ranting about my pet peeves in YA romances... I did my composition on war, two completely different tones altogether! I feel sorry for the examiner that gets me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dazzadazza

I did it too! Mine was... Two? Two and a half? I spent a page having a go at 50SoG and Twilight and then I started ranting about my pet peeves in YA romances... I did my composition on war, two completely different tones altogether! I feel sorry for the examiner that gets me :P

Wait, wasn't the article on romance a section 2 composition? Which did you do the war for?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

dazzadazza wrote: »
    Wait, wasn't the article on romance a section 2 composition? Which did you do the war for?

Sorry I was unclear there, but I did it in section II for question 1! The article on romance was a part B in section I, text II

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anon112233

I wrote the wrong title on my English short story I chose the secrets one and my essay was clearly about secrets. I tealised I wrote the wrong title and thought I'd have time to spare at the end when I reviewed my paper again will I loose everything ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

No you should not lose all the marks because of that you should still get marks for what you have written if it is in relation to the correct title

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Anon112233

OriginV wrote: »
    No you should not lose all the marks because of that you should still get marks for what you have written if it is in relation to the correct title

Are you sure ? Because I'm really distraught about this haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

How strict are the examiners when it comes to continuity in the short stories? Cause I realised I kept referring to one character as a baby when the dates I wrote made him about three years old. Which I suppose some people might call a baby but still... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Can't see a harassed examiner getting too bothered about it tbh.

Now if you had him being born and going to his Debs in the same week, while his older sister stayed at 5 years old, they might notice all right! :pac:

Advertisement