Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You mean you're Irish yet you don't understand a word of Irish :eek:

*Mind blown*

nope :o I tried to make sense of Irish in school but in the end I was allowed not to do it by the government because of my learning disability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

im going to learn irish, givin meself next couple of years for it : ))...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

nope :o I tried to make sense of Irish in school but in the end I was allowed not to do it by the government because of my learning disability

Lucky you not having to do Irish, then again that depends on your definition of lucky, i'll try and phrase this the best way possible without coming across as an eejit, but because of your Aspergers what other subjects were a no no for you in school??

Am curious like a cat now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

Joya wrote: »
    im going to learn irish, givin meself next couple of years for it : ))...

go n-éirí an bóthar leat :D

Lucky you not having to do Irish, then again that depends on your definition of lucky, i'll try and phrase this the best way possible without coming across as an eejit, but because of your Aspergers what other subjects were a no no for you in school??

Am curious like a cat now.

Ah yeah, it made school a bit easier :) No problem about question, German, French and P.E. were a no no. My junior and senior leaving cert exam was also a no no but I did a FETAC module which is basically the same level as the junior and senior one

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

SSSSCCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!

Oh... now I feel better. :D

Hi all on this Éire eve.

howdy black swan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

ah, the very Swan i was looking for...

Ah yeah, it made school a bit easier :) No problem about question, German, French and P.E. were a no no. My junior and senior leaving cert exam was also a no no but I did a FETAC module which is basically the same level as the junior and senior one

So Languages = off the table ya lucky lady ya, P.E i'm kinda surprised at, but then again i don't know a whole lot about Aspergers so maybe the no P.E is understandable - Will have to Google it.

And getting away with not having to do Junior/Leaving Cert exams, also if you didn't do the Leaving? How did you manage to get into 3rd level if you did indeed go on to 3rd level

Were you marked on the FETAC the same way the Leaving Cert is marked or is/was there a different system.

Sorry about the questions, not wanting to be nosy, but the whole Aspergers condition has me interested.

Black Swan wrote: »
    SSSSCCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!

Oh... now I feel better. :D

Hi all on this Éire eve.

Ah jesus with that ear drum shattering scream Swan :P,

Evening though, but probably morning be more appropriate given the side of the world your in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

howdy black swan :)
    It's my writer colleague ATC! Swannie has been BAD. No 1-page today. :o
    ah, the very Swan i was looking for...
    Really? Are you sure ozzy? It's really hard to pick me out from the flock...

black-swan05.jpg

Ah jesus with that ear drum shattering scream Swan :P,

Evening though, but probably morning be more appropriate given the side of the world your in.
    It's been one of those Saturn days Lith.

Harrison Ford in Six Days and Seven Nights went inside a bush and RANTED, and I am lucky to have the Lair where I can SCREAM! :cool:

Scream away, but a little warning next time, that way i can have ear plugs in and protect my ears. :P

Scream away, but a little warning next time, that way i can have ear plugs in and protect my ears. :P
    I already have the fashionable tin foil hat collection Lair exclusive. Maybe I should start a line of ear muffs and plugs? :pac:

So Languages = off the table ya lucky lady ya, P.E i'm kinda surprised at, but then again i don't know a whole lot about Aspergers so maybe the no P.E is understandable - Will have to Google it.

And getting away with not having to do Junior/Leaving Cert exams, also if you didn't do the Leaving? How did you manage to get into 3rd level if you did indeed go on to 3rd level

Were you marked on the FETAC the same way the Leaving Cert is marked or is/was there a different system.

Sorry about the questions, not wanting to be nosy, but the whole Aspergers condition has me interested.

No problem lith. I was in primary school at the time we were taught the languages, I didn't have my diagnosis at the time but it was assumed I had a learning learning disability without a name (I also struggled with maths big time). As regards the P.E. I used to have panic attacks if I was asked to take part so that was a no no.

After primary school I went to a secondary school in Cashel, my folks at the time thought I wouldn't cope in a normal school so they suggested the one in Cashel. During my 5 years there I got my diagnosis of Asperger's so that made things a bit easier for me.

At the school in Cashel the learning format was mostly FETAC in 3rd level. The module is quite different to a junior/senior leaving cert, you don't sit in an exam but you do a series of assignments/projects/practical work and it's marked kinda as you complete them:)

It will be grand when your book comes out ATC. Very interesting reading I bet!

It's my writer colleague ATC! Swannie has been BAD. No 1-page today. :o
    Really? Are you sure ozzy? It's really hard to pick me out from the flock...

black-swan05.jpg

hiya black swan! awh sorry you had a bad day at the writing, you gonna try again?

Doing alright over here :)

It will be grand when your book comes out ATC. Very interesting reading I bet!

thanks black swan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

I live in attached housing and this week have been sneezing my way through the day and they are random and very loud sneezes. Am sure the peeps next-door must be driven demented by it! :D

We got a mention in AH today for being weird! :D:pac:

thanks black swan :D
    Yours will be more meaningful than mine ATC. I'm just attempting to write fiction to entertain folks.

• Advertisement

I live in attached housing and this week have been sneezing my way through the day and they are random and very loud sneezes. Am sure the peeps next-door must be driven demented by it! :D

You are welcome to SNEEEEEEEEEEZ in the Lair kiss. I just got through SCREEEEEEEAMING. :D

Yours will be more meaningful than mine ATC. I'm just attempting to write fiction to entertain folks.

awh thanks :D I suppose it will be quite different. Fiction is no joke either!

No problem lith. I was in primary school at the time we were taught the languages, I didn't have my diagnosis at the time but it was assumed I had a learning learning disability without a name (I also struggled with maths big time). As regards the P.E. I used to have panic attacks if I was asked to take part so that was a no no.

After primary school I went to a secondary school in Cashel, my folks at the time thought I wouldn't cope in a normal school so they suggested the one in Cashel. During my 5 years there I got my diagnosis of Asperger's so that made things a bit easier for me.

At the school in Cashel the learning format was mostly FETAC in 3rd level. The module is quite different to a junior/senior leaving cert, you don't sit in an exam but you do a series of assignments/projects/practical work and it's marked kinda as you complete them:)

Did you have an idea you were unique to the other kids? How did you react to finding out you had Aspergers? Everybody struggles with maths, i mean where in life are you going to use Algebra :pac:

And again, without coming across as an eejit, did having Aspergers make having friends difficult/easier, or were you kinda ''ah it's not the worst, i'll learn to cope with it'' and went about life business as usual?

And regards the FETAC at 3rd level, was it easier being assessed on projects/assignments/practical work than say pushing the whole Leaving Cert syllabus into a whole year??

When you do become famous and your book becomes a bestseller *fingers crossed for you* :), and hopefully our paths do cross in real life, when i eventually get to working in radio, i and i honestly mean this from the bottom of my heart, i would be honoured to have you as a guest on my show :).

Maybe even an autographed copy of the book to boot :)

awh thanks :D I suppose it will be quite different. Fiction is no joke either!
    My work as a Research Associate demands that I use the etic perspective, attempting to stay objective when mostly numbers crunching. It makes me feel so cold and calculating at times. You are lucky ATC to be able to use the emic perspective, where you can discover and explore your topic through the eyes of the participant. Maybe someday I can too, but only novel fiction for now.

Sneeze away, and if those next door don't like it, sneeze on them too :D

What thread in AH did we get a mention in??

Forums that baffle you or something. Think it's closed now.

Forums that baffle you or something. Think it's closed now.

Over to AH i shall venture, wish me luck

Go n-éirí on bóthar leat! :pac:

Over to AH i shall venture, wish me luck
    If they chase after you Lith, you can run back and hide behind our new Lair black leather couch. :cool:

• Advertisement

Go n-éirí on bóthar leat! :pac:

Found it, and the little line about it, are we really a ''weird little clique''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement