Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Black Swan wrote: »
    Nite nite Mozz. :cool:

Oh no, I am just after arriving in. Apparently it's customary in France to say "Bon nuit" as a greeting after midnight, or so my grandfather told me when I was little :o

Anyway how's things in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Am listening to Definitely Maybe, casting to telly via Chromecast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Shiminay wrote: »
    Woop woop woop woop woop woop woop :p

Should have been in bed at least 2 hours ago, but I was off recording a podcast :)

How are we Nocs?
    I'm not buying it Shiminay! You never sleep! You just want us Lair fools to lower our guards so that you can sneak up unexpectedly. :eek:
    Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Oh no, I am just after arriving in. Apparently it's customary in France to say "Bon nuit" as a greeting after midnight, or so my grandfather told me when I was little :o

Anyway how's things in here?
    Lost-in-translation... and I have French ancestry on Mum's side. Embarrassed Swannie. :o

Well greetings then Mozz. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ruu wrote: »
    Am listening to Definitely Maybe, casting to telly via Chromecast.

I was talking about that very album this evening on the aforementioned podcast as we decided to make it about music :D It takes me back to when I started learning guitar and joined my first band, I can probably still play most of it without thinking :)

Bon nuit to you too Mozz, ca va?

Lost-in-translation... and I have French ancestry on Mum's side. Embarrassed Swannie. :o

Well greetings then Mozz. :D

My grandfather was French, hence my strange surname :o I have spanish ancestry then in my grandmothers side (his wife) and my other grandfather was British. No wonder I am such a mixed up and strange breed :pac:

Bon nuit to you too Mozz, ca va?

Tres bien merci beacoup!! Well I am actually tired. Got more work tomorrow BUT I got the duty manager to try out some new stuff I was baking today. Himself and the sous chef loved it and they want to try it on the menu but we have to get around the head chef first :o He's back tomorrow from his week off so fingers crossed he approves :o

• Advertisement

That's fantastic Mozz, congratulations! Hopefully chef digs it, if a DM and a Sous dig it, there's a good chance chef will fancy giving it a go :)

You seem to be going from strength to strength with this job :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

My grandfather was French, hence my strange surname :o I have spanish ancestry then in my grandmothers side (his wife) and my other grandfather was British. No wonder I am such a mixed up and strange breed :pac:
    Both my Mum's parents (my Grans her side) were southern French immigrants, who crossed the pond before having her. My colouring favours the French side of the family, with brunette hair and skin that easily tans, unlike my Da, who is arch-typical white-skinned Irish (who burns if you just mention the word Sun).

That's fantastic Mozz, congratulations! Hopefully chef digs it, if a DM and a Sous dig it, there's a good chance chef will fancy giving it a go :)

You seem to be going from strength to strength with this job :)

Thanks man :) I do take it way too seriously though. I have found myself thinking up new desserts and breads we could try out, alternative ways to present existing dishes. I actually don't have an off switch!! :pac:

Thanks man :) I do take it way too seriously though. I have found myself thinking up new desserts and breads we could try out, alternative ways to present existing dishes. I actually don't have an off switch!! :pac:
    **Swannie licks lips and slides empty plate towards Mozz**

My cousin is running his own place now at the ripe old age of only 33 and that's the way he was about his craft when he was at your stage of training and work. He is a great chef as a result cause his head chefs would see the work and help him develop ideas and inspiration. You go girl! :D

• Advertisement

**Swannie licks lips and slides empty plate towards Mozz**

Would you like sweet or savoury Ms. Swan?
    My cousin is running his own place now at the ripe old age of only 33 and that's the way he was about his craft when he was at your stage of training and work. He is a great chef as a result cause his head chefs would see the work and help him develop ideas and inspiration. You go girl! :D

I am not sure how I feel about running my own place :o Such responsibility. I suppose a few years down the line I may change my tune!! One thing I would love to get into is butter sculpting and sugar sculpting!! May have to return to college though for a year or two for it though :o But if it's where I want to go, sure what harm!

Would you like sweet or savoury Ms. Swan?
    Savoury would taste grand about now Mozz, given that I have not had a decent bite this day yet.

Now I am hungry! **Shakes wing at Mozz!**

See ye all later. It's been fun! Off to hunt food. Bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Off to be..I mean the charging alcove.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mozz It sounds like you've found your calling just go with it for now. I'm so jealous!

Mozz It sounds like you've found your calling just go with it for now. I'm so jealous!

My main goal now is just to soak up as much experience as I can and just learn as much as possible!! If I am having an "off" day I come home and watch "Kitchen Nightmares" to make me feel good about myself..I am not well Grem!! :pac: I am a woman obsessed!! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My main goal now is just to soak up as much experience as I can and just learn as much as possible!! If I am having an "off" day I come home and watch "Kitchen Nightmares" to make me feel good about myself..I am not well Grem!! :pac: I am a woman obsessed!! :eek:

That's how it is Mozz!. I never stopped thinking about it.. Adored it..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning folks.

Morning Ted, brew up shortly. Good to have you back..

Thanking you G.

First day back at work after 2 weeks off. Need all the legal stimulants & feel-goods I can get my hands on.

Short week though.

Nice way to ease back in, coffee and pastries it is so.. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Happy Hump Day Noccers.

can't believe no holiday blues have set in yet. :eek:

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Happy Hump Day Noccers.

can't believe no holiday blues have set in yet. :eek:

That's me rolling out the red carpet and being a welcoming committee all in one! :p

That's me rolling out the red carpet and being a welcoming committee all in one! :p

Great person to wake up to in the Lair.

Meant in the least seediest way possible.

I have my innocent beam on!.

I have my innocent beam on!.

Where did you get one of them?

It must get worn out pretty quick in the Lair.

I use it exceedingly sparingly here let me tell you!

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

morning all! :)

giphy.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yes, morning all round :o

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

howdy, Links! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I am thankful I did not wake up as violently as I did yesterday :)

How goes it SW?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement