Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Black Swan wrote: »
    Sorry folks, the W-word called and I didn't have time to say bye. Geeeeeeez, I see a lot happened while I was gone. :eek:

You are most welcome Joya. Always glad to help a friend in a crush. :cool:

Hurrah! The Lair sunk to further depths. Good show Lairians. :P

Huh? Why am I the last to know? Explains why she has been missing from her nest late nights!

Methinks Shiminay wrote his 1-page today for his 1st fictional novel. Wants to compete with ATC and I. :cool:

Did you give the blessing Ted? Cannot picture you in a clerical collar.

SwanBot report front and centre!
    Squuaaaak?
    Is it true you eloped with Seph in secret?
    Sssss...wha?
    I didn't think so.

Those magic beans I've been sneaking into Shiminay's buckets of tea he drinks each day must be having their effects Seph. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... but don't tell him! :p

**Evil BLACK Swannie laugh!**

Our evil plans are coming together at last

*evil laughter*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Our evil plans. Is coming together at last

*evil laughter*

SwanBot POINTED that you were once again hiding behind the Lair curtains Seph. Your feet were showing below the drapes. :pac:

Yes indeed Seph, your supply of magic beans from your vault have been put to good use over past weeks. Shiminay has not noticed the slight change in the taste of his tea, plus when you drink buckets of it as he does, it was well disguised. It's good that he is asleep now... a rare occasion for us to make mischief! :p

**Swannie rubs wings together in anticipation!**

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Whoa! Just got invited out to eat. Hi ho, hi ho, off I go! Chat later. Bye! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I should really quit these late night visits to the Lair :o :pac:

Hello to anyone is awake or lurking o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

\o

Watching Doc Martin, only started recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Ruu wrote: »
    \o

Watching Doc Martin, only started recently.

I vaguely remember watching that show before!! It's a good few years old isn't it? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning folks. Too warm to try & sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Morning. I'm up now. Been up for a while but, you know, tea and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Getting the tea here before doing stuff.

Priorities !!

Got sent a new cpap mask yesterday, fit still needs tweeking, got up with creases all over my face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Did you see Airings looksee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Morning all.

I was thinking last night and decided that I was staying in bed too long in the mornings. I get really frustrated without a routine which is what was happening, so I decided to be dork and write out a plan for myself. Being unemployed is really not fun. Might try and finally learn how to crochet, I can knit already. Boring, I know. I'm only 26, I swear!

This morning I was up by 9.30am, had my breakfast and went for a walk at 10.15am. Right now I'm planning my lunch and I'm also going to get out the anatomy book I got in first year of college and brush up on some stuff.

How are you guys?

Good on ya Paws, that'll keep the brain and body active and the mood up!

Yeah, I feel better already tbh. My Mam had noticed that I wasn't really myself as well so I decided it was time to get moving. :)

Need to either get at my wool stash in the attic or buy a small cheap ball next time I'm in Dealz or my wool shop. I sound like an aul one, I'm really not!

Nothing like getting going to improve the mood!

I have also just discovered 'mindfulness' and am taking a serious interest. One of the problems of getting older is that you can do all the daily living stuff on autopilot, which gives your brain time to go into all the places it really should mostly stay out of. It all seems very obvious when you have said it, but its remarkable how you don't necessarily think of these things.

We have a thing going round where I live where a few people get together in a (willing) cafe and show people how to knit and crochet etc - no organisation, no cost beyond buying a cup of coffee or whatever. When people have learned they can then show other people (or they can just keep coming and being sociable), we are doing our bit for crafting!

looksee wrote: »
    Nothing like getting going to improve the mood!

I have also just discovered 'mindfulness' and am taking a serious interest. One of the problems of getting older is that you can do all the daily living stuff on autopilot, which gives your brain time to go into all the places it really should mostly stay out of. It all seems very obvious when you have said it, but its remarkable how you don't necessarily think of these things.

We have a thing going round where I live where a few people get together in a (willing) cafe and show people how to knit and crochet etc - no organisation, no cost beyond buying a cup of coffee or whatever. When people have learned they can then show other people (or they can just keep coming and being sociable), we are doing our bit for crafting!

It really does help. I did my usual short walk this morning and my friend and I are going to Zumba tonight. It's great to be active.

I've heard people talking about 'mindfulness' but I've never actually stopped to see what it is tbh. I might do some research later.

That's a lovely idea. There was a similar group going on in the local library here but I don't know if it's still on. Must check it out. It's lovely to get out and just talk to and be around other people. :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    Did you see Airings looksee?

I did, but I reserve the right to be skeptical until its actually available :) If it really is a thing it would be great, but will have to get a lot less expensive. It also suggests that it only holds the nasal passages open, but there are other places the breathing can be blocked - by the tongue for example. Good to see the work being done though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm currently on a dbt course run by hse, and it has mindfulness at it's core, i was very cynical when i heard the word first, but i've gotten over that and see the usefulness now. I'm working hard at it as it's not a passive thing, but i'm three months in now and i can see it's kicking in a small bit.

So I just volunteered to be a steward for the Bi Ireland group at Pride on Saturday :) I guess I do have plans for this weekend :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's pretty cool shim, I'd like to do something like that only I'm working already on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I'm currently on a dbt course run by hse, and it has mindfulness at it's core, i was very cynical when i heard the word first, but i've gotten over that and see the usefulness now. I'm working hard at it as it's not a passive thing, but i'm three months in now and i can see it's kicking in a small bit.
    Sounds good Grem :)
    Shiminay wrote:
    So I just volunteered to be a steward for the Bi Ireland group at Pride on Saturday I guess I do have plans for this weekend
    Nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I've done 10km on the spinning bike.

Can't feel my ass or legs :/

heyday30 wrote: »

You're lucky it's only 14:15 heyday, I had all sorts of comments about offering to feel them for you lined up... :pac:

DAMNIT! :eek:

Shiminay wrote: »
    You're lucky it's only 14:15 heyday, I had all sorts of comments about offering to feel them for you lined up... :pac:

DAMNIT! :eek:

I was considering that that's why I left out my lady bits. ;)

Good Christ, walking like John Wayne here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I went and made a mug of tea, still recovering!. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Good Christ, walking like John Wayne here.
    I'm sure you pull it off heyday, just remember to scowl while you walk.

cowboy-walk-o.gif

I'm sure you pull it off heyday, just remember to scowl while you walk.

cowboy-walk-o.gif

Ah hahaha. Spitting image Aaron. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nice

How fast were ya going?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I laugh at 10km, 15km FTW :D, HURTS LIKE A MOTHER****ER AFTERWARDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Ah hahaha. Spitting image Aaron. ;)
    Not at all I'm sure! Just the walk. Or strut I suppose. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement