Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

People never believe that a restart does indeed solve 80% of IT problems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    have you tried the number 1 rule of IT problem solving?

Yep tried it. Signal not showing up on any of the devices it's normally connected to.

I was feeling sh1t enough without this tbh, can't even talk to anyone now.. :o

Might be back later, might not. See ya guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Shiminay wrote: »
    People never believe that a restart does indeed solve 80% of IT problems :D

have been guilty of saying it at work loads of times.

People keep coming to me with problems even though I am not in IT. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

throw the computer out the window

Yep tried it. Signal not showing up on any of the devices it's normally connected to.

I was feeling sh1t enough without this tbh, can't even talk to anyone now.. :o

Might be back later, might not. See ya guys.

Could be a problem with the provider, nothing coming into the router.

• Advertisement

throw the computer out the window

That won't help when it's your wifi router that's banjaxed :p

nighty night Noccers.

I'll leave you in charge of the IT queries Shimmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

page done :D wanna do more but brain is gone to complete mush

Sorry, I was busy rebooting everything I could find for fun. Anyone still about?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I am. The feeling like I'm going to claw my eyes out tends to do that to me.

• Advertisement

yo shim and angron :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

'lo ATC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I'm here in body. Think my brain is long gone to sleep :/

Angron wrote: »
    'lo ATC.

how's it going?:)

hiya heyday

night folks (smiley face)

how's it going?:)

hiya heyday

Hi atc. Night night Johnny ;)

Good job on getting the page squared away atc, another day closer to completion.

Hay fever Angron or just the butchers nails?

I'm thinking my own brain would do well to spin down and consider sleep heyday.

ok ok one last smoke then bed

night night johnny :)

thanks shim :) how are you?

how are you heyday?

night night johnny :)

thanks shim :) how are you?

how are you heyday?

I'm good atc. Must make a move toward bed soon I think. Enjoying your few days break from college?

• Advertisement

heyday30 wrote: »
    I'm good atc. Must make a move toward bed soon I think. Enjoying your few days break from college?

that's good :) hope you sleep ok. Think I'll be heading to bed soon too, have to fix my sleeping pattern before wednesday :o I do seem to be enjoying my two days off yeah :)

Sure that's what they're for atc, they'd be a waste if you didn't enjoy them :)

I hit the leaba more or less straight away when I got in earlier and have been enjoying the company of you fine and excellent folk since :D

Got myself registered with Dublin Bikes too, was a fierce quick jaunt from the bus to my flat and they're comfy and quick. No more bus or taxi in the morning, bikes are by far the fastest way to get around the city, as long as some prick of a bus doesn't kill you!

Sure that's what they're for atc, they'd be a waste if you didn't enjoy them :)

I hit the leaba more or less straight away when I got in earlier and have been enjoying the company of you fine and excellent folk since :D

Got myself registered with Dublin Bikes too, was a fierce quick jaunt from the bus to my flat and they're comfy and quick. No more bus or taxi in the morning, bikes are by far the fastest way to get around the city, as long as some prick of a bus doesn't kill you!

exactly :)

ah, sounds like a good day :)

DeVore got a cool new toy, a laser etcher for burning patterns into wood! A bit fiddley to use as the software isn't spectacular, but we tested something out for a project and the results were better than I'd have hoped!

There are going to be some very happy people soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

No more bus or taxi in the morning, bikes are by far the fastest way to get around the city, as long as some prick of a bus doesn't kill you!

Bikes are great to get around on, however some other road users can be quite ignorant and run you off the road. I used to bike into work every now and again but was nearly hurled off the bike because some ass hat in a jeep and a trailer swung into close to me :mad: Nervous enough about cycling on the road now :(

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Bikes are great to get around on, however some other road users can be quite ignorant and run you off the road. I used to bike into work every now and again but was nearly hurled off the bike because some ass hat in a jeep and a trailer swung into close to me :mad: Nervous enough about cycling on the road now :(
    Jebus, a close call, don't blame you for being anxious about it now.

The Gardaí get thick with cyclists who don't use the lanes here in town, yet every fecking bus tries to squeeze you out or worse and gobshtes park in them all the time.

Jebus, a close call, don't blame you for being anxious about it now.

The Gardaí get thick with cyclists who don't use the lanes here in town, yet every fecking bus tries to squeeze you out or worse and gobshtes park in them all the time.

My Brother in laws girlfriend was hit by a car just before the Christmas. The ****er drove off. The Gards were called but no one was ever caught!! She's in and out of the hospital with hip and back problems as a result. She was wearing all her reflective/ high visible gear and had lights on the bike but yer man was speeding and cut too close to her. She's lucky she wasn't killed but still she's suffering!!

The Gards down here only get thick at you if you're not wearing the high vis jackets or if you don't have lights on the bike. There's no real cycle lanes around here, bar one or two in town.

Meanwhile, the only legal requirements for a bike: a bell. I see people cycling around town in low light with no lighting of their own and totally oblivious to how hard they are to see. A set of lights with batteries are only €2 in the Euro shop ffs!

I think it might be bed time for Dav. I shall have to take you all to my dreams to continue to chat :D Nighty night lovelies!

I must toddle off to the land of nod soon myself!! Night night Shim!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I should ride a bike more. Just a pain in my area to use one as there is no clear path for bikes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement