Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll say this much, ya wouldn't see that kind of carry on at a Rock/Metal gig.

Saw the picture in question, and i feel sorry for the girl more than anything, she'll be Slut shamed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Am hoping it doesn't go as viral as last time, must have a devastating effect on esteem and mental health..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Hi all, congrts Lith and Mozz so sorry to hear of your troubles! I have a situation with my sister that is a long story as well!!!

Btw i finished the GoT it is one hellofa show, 10 out of 10 for Joya :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Haven't seen the picture but I feel sorry for the poor girl.

Am hoping it doesn't go as viral as last time, must have a devastating effect on esteem and mental health..

It has gone viral already, that's the downside of social media.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feel lucky sometimes that i was before phone cameras etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Hi Joya o/ Yourself and myself seem to have a lot in common when it comes to our woes girl :pac:

I haven't seen the picture yet but in all honesty but I just read on an article on it. It seems the guy that took the pictures was out to "slut shame". Absolute cretin..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well we all saw with Slane Girl how quick people are to slut shame. I personally loved telling people who shared it that if it did turn out that she was underage, they could and probably would be arrested for distribution of images of child abuse. Shut a lot of righteous indignation down immediately (as if there was any possible defence of sharing an image of someone giving someone else head at a gig).

It's frightening how quickly people jump on the bandwagon. And meanwhile there are some very big things going on around us that we would do well to pay attention to..

Yep, couldn't put it better myself Grem.

• Advertisement

As I said it's **** that happens in every night club up and down the country at the weekend. Actually I know of worse stories than this and they all happened on nights out.

I've seen a lot worse in clubs myself.

As have I girl!! And I have heard quite a few tales about shenanigans that a few people I know have gotten up to. It happens, I don't understand the need to go out and shame the life out of some randomer.

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    As have I girl!! And I have heard quite a few tales about shenanigans that a few people I know have gotten up to. It happens, I don't understand the need to go out and shame the life out of some randomer.
    True, same here. While it's not something I'd do myself, I'd never shame anyone that did. It's their business.

Exactly. It's no ones business. Some guy just wanted to start a massive controversy over nothing. One sad individual.

ARCHER is brilliant :D

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Exactly. It's no ones business. Some guy just wanted to start a massive controversy over nothing. One sad individual.

You'd have to wonder about someone wandering around these gigs actually looking for that sort of photo. :eek: :confused:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ARCHER is brilliant :D

It's only now you've realised the supreme awesomness of Archer :pac:

It's brilliant!! :D

You'd have to wonder about someone wandering around these gigs actually looking for that sort of photo. :eek: :confused:

I'd consider them to be a pervert.

Sure lookit, we all occasionally let the hormones take over and get friskier with someone in a public place than might strictly be "decent" as they used to say, but we're still such a sexually repressed nation that the almost genetic need to shame someone who you've "caught" has a long way to go before becoming a thing of the past. Fking Catholics, they make you ashamed of all sex, ashamed of the specific sexual act of procreation, ashamed of your bodies, ashamed of expressing love and intimacy, say you should be burned if you have the audacity to be attracted to the same gender as yourself and then spend their time fking children entrusted to their care.

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    It's only now you've realised the supreme awesomness of Archer :pac:

It's brilliant!! :D

Better late than never :D

Archer is on my to watch list..

You'd have to wonder about someone wandering around these gigs actually looking for that sort of photo.
    Yeah you really would.
    Mozzeltoff wrote:
    I'd consider them to be a pervert.
    Yep, same.
    Shiminay wrote:
    Sure lookit, we all occasionally let the hormones take over and get friskier with someone in a public place than might strictly be "decent" as they used to say, but we're still such a sexually repressed nation that the almost genetic need to shame someone who you've "caught" has a long way to go before becoming a thing of the past. Fking Catholics, they make you ashamed of all sex, ashamed of the specific sexual act of procreation, ashamed of your bodies, ashamed of expressing love and intimacy, say you should be burned if you have the audacity to be attracted to the same gender as yourself and then spend their time fking children entrusted to their care.
    Very well said Shim. Couldn't really add anymore to that tbh, except that I went to a school where we were supposed to be ashamed of something they taught us nothing about. We didn't even get the period talk until 6th class and at that stage I already had mine. Apart from that talk, and a 5th year biology class, I learned nothing about sex in either primary or secondary schools.

I remember reproduction was part of a module we had to do in 1st year in science in secondary school. I remember we had a sub in and not a hope in hell would he cover the topic of reproduction.

One day, just before class, one of the boys went up to the white board, found a marker and drew a picture of a vagina. When the teacher came in a few minutes later he was stunned by what he saw on the white board. The artist then pips up "Have you never seen one of those before, sir?"

Not a bit of "birds and bees" chat to be had in out classrooms unless you count desk graffitti!

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    One day, just before class, one of the boys went up to the white board, found a marker and drew a picture of a vagina. When the teacher came in a few minutes later he was stunned by what he saw on the white board. The artist then pips up "Have you never seen one of those before, sir?"
    That's priceless!
    Not a bit of "birds and bees" chat to be had in out classrooms unless you count desk graffitti!
    That was pretty much my experience. Everything I learned I had to Google, honestly.

I was before google too. Learning came from animals and wild scurrilous tales from school yard..

I was before google too. Learning came from animals and wild scurrilous tales from school yard..
    :eek:

Apparently back in the day, the local pub would screen some "blue movies" on a certain day of the week :pac: Or so the gossip in the parish would have you know :pac:

I think nearly every pub in the country did this at some stage or another!!

• Advertisement

We had reproduction on our Junior Cert syllabus and our science teacher was the one who taught biology to the senior classes. All Boys school, so there were some smart comments form some, but it was all fairly straight forward and hassle free given we were a bunch of 13-15 year olds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement