Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

never worked in a call centre and never want to either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Top of FB Newsfeed; - an Irish woman has died in Liberia.... So many going abroad and not making it home. :(

Scary isn't it :(

It wasn't too bad atc. You would be tested on the old patience though a lot. Sometimes you'd wonder how people got up and dressed in the morning lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know what really annoys me? When people don't leave a voicemail. I flat out refuse to call them back if they don't and then half the time I don't answer in the first place is because it's an unlisted/private/unknown number - never answer them. Voicemail's there for a reason ye plebs!

Were ye wendyball fans not watching the Women's World Cup? It was better than the men's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hellooooooo Noccers! OMG Lith you were only 7 :D:eek: It's just hard to imagine peeps young. Oh you're around the same age as my Bro actually so, aren't you in College?! I wonder do ye know each other?! :) The first big year 90-something can't rem that the Footballers won was magic! :o The County went batsh1tcrazy for a few weeks! :D How is everyone today?

Yeah i was only 7 years old when Galway won Sam Maguire, i'll be college bound in September :D, doubt i'd know your brother, the whole county did go bat**** crazy, i even remember the scene in the local pub watching with dad when the final whistle went, grown men crying with tears of joys and Queen's We Are The Champions blaring over the pub's jukebox, was magical to say the least.

• Advertisement

heyday30 wrote: »
    Scary isn't it :(

It wasn't too bad atc. You would be tested on the old patience though a lot. Sometimes you'd wonder how people got up and dressed in the morning lol

I'd say you'd imagine a call about someone who put the wrong arm in the wrong sleeve.

My first gig out of college was a Call Centre. Never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Top of my newsfeed is a video of a cat being mauled by two dogs. I got three seconds in and I feel sick. Apparently the owner was there watching them, and another guy sitting in a car filming because he wanted to get the guy prosecuted but not face the dogs. Which is sort of understandable.

Jesus I'm not the better of seeing that.

:'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Did apply for an Insurance Call Centre years ago, can't rem. what the Company was again, they were new to Galway at the time. 'Twas a woefully difficult Interview, the power-tripper Americanized questions they were asking, a pure farce! All to answer a few phones. Thank God I didn't get it anyway, - on hind-sight I don't really grasp topics like tax and insurance and those kinds of things easily, so it probably was for the best that I didn't get it!

Gotten a few shady calls from Call Centres before.

• Advertisement

Did apply for an Insurance Call Centre years ago, can't rem. what the Company was again, they were new to Galway at the time. 'Twas a woefully difficult Interview, the power-tripper Americanized questions they were asking, a pure farce! All to answer a few phones. Thank God I didn't get it anyway, - on hind-sight I don't really grasp topics like tax and insurance and those kinds of things easily, so it probably was for the best that I didn't get it!

Hibernian/Aviva was it? They were clients of mine when I worked in Galway (as a software developer for Insurance company software).

I worked for one of the tv providers. Not sky. You can imagine the daily abuse :/

No wasn't them Shim. Can't think of their feicin name now I'll look it up in a minute. They weren't like your standard regular normal Insurance Company, they were more I dunno alternative-y or something! :D

No wasn't them Shim. Can't think of their feicin name now I'll look it up in a minute. They weren't like your standard regular normal Insurance Company, they were more I dunno alternative-y or something! :D

Sounds like trouble!

The company I worked for was a bit of a sham, I could go into the details, but lets just say their pretences for setting up weren't as they appeared as I later learned when I became their Sysadmin and got away from the phones entirely.

I quit after the boss was a cnut to me over something and I got a job 2 weeks later in Dublin. I got a call 4 or 5 months after that saying she'd been sacked and would I testify against her in the wrongful dismissal case she was trying to bring against them. 2 hours I spent on the phone to a HR lady from the parent company who couldn't believe the stuff I was telling her about my time there (the time I was sent home to change my tie was the icing on the cake).

My daughter is in her own room now :)

Peace at last so Kitty? :D

Getting humid folks. Don't think sleep will be on the agenda tonight! :mad:

Shiminay wrote: »
    Peace at last so Kitty? :D

She hasn't woke through the night so far. Tonight is her third night in it and she seems to love it.

KKkitty wrote:
    My daughter is in her own room now
    Awh bless. :)

KKkitty wrote: »
    She hasn't woke through the night so far. Tonight is her third night in it and she seems to love it.

That's great. How old is she kitty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

going back to my writing for a while and then heading towards bed, later pals:)

She's about 16 months now. A thread in AH has me scared. It's the any good music in the 2000's one. Shows during that time I'd listen to anything.

That ''Any good music in the 2000's'' in AH is pointless, every decade has the good bad & the ugly music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Evening folks ;)

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That ''Any good music in the 2000's'' in AH is pointless, every decade has the good bad & the ugly music.

Some of the songs went over my head. Maybe they weren't released here or I easily forgot them. You're right though. I'm sure future generations will think the same about the music we listened to.

Links234 wrote: »
    Evening folks ;)

Howdy Links :)

I pity the future generations, all the crap they'll have, there's no danger nowadays, it's all sterilized and cleaned up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey Kitty ;)

God I'm on quite the gaming binge :eek:

going back to my writing for a while and then heading towards bed, later pals
    If we don't see you between this and then, enjoy Hozier!!!
    Links234 wrote:
    Evening folks
    Heyo Links :)

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I pity the future generations, all the crap they'll have, there's no danger nowadays, it's all sterilized and cleaned up.

Don't forget Auto tune, allowing tone deaf people to bring out music.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement