Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Swan's Ballet of Blood(Lair)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Getting excited Angron? :)
    Yeah, sorta feels like it's rushed up on me a bit. Nervous/excited really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Angron wrote:
    Yeah, sorta feels like it's rushed up on me a bit. Nervous/excited really.
    Ah yeah well that's understandable.

I'd imagine I'll be the same if I ever get the opportunity to get out of Ireland for a bit. I'd love to. Never had passport and wasn't allowed to go on the school tour to Barcelona in 5th year, couldn't afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

butterbun wrote: »
    Watching our valiant boys in green trounce those damnable Scots. Hope we win so I can give my dad a bit of stick (I'm a Celtic fan too, so seeing Strachan, O'Neill, and a few of the Celtic lads makes my inner fanboy happy:D).

I am ALL SORTS of jealous!

yeah both things are very peaceful.. :) haven't been up in my folks house in a good while so nice to see 'pepsi' and my granny's dog. do you have any pets yourself?

edit: hope you have a good trip angron :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah yeah well that's understandable.

I'd imagine I'll be the same if I ever get the opportunity to get out of Ireland for a bit. I'd love to. Never had passport and wasn't allowed to go on the school tour to Barcelona in 5th year, couldn't afford it.
    I remember my school screwed me out of a tour not once, not twice, but three times.

Second year, we were supposed to go to England to see a Premier League game and visit a theme park. The year that had done the tour the previous year got drunk over there, so we didn't get a tour.

Then, in fourth year we were supposed to do a tour where we start in Austria, finish up in Italy. I think it was a week long tour. Despite the year ahead of us (the ones that meant we didn't get a second year tour) getting to do this, it was decided we wouldn't get this. Instead, we'd get two days in Paris that somehow cost more. I think maybe 15-20 people went, I refused cause that was bullsh*t.

I repeated that year cause of reasons, and the tour regressed even worse. Instead of doing something interesting, it was decided we'd take a trip to the Aran f*cking Islands. Once again, refused to go cause I was not paying money to go to some windy islands just off the coast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Morning all. Pass the kleenex, grem is not a well yoke, timing for a headcold..

• Advertisement

Sounds a bit like my school Angron...

Poor Grem. *passes massive box of tissues*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

yeah both things are very peaceful.. :) haven't been up in my folks house in a good while so nice to see 'pepsi' and my granny's dog. do you have any pets yourself?

edit: hope you have a good trip angron :)

Not for a few years. I had two big bounding Border Collie/Doberman crossbreeds, they were the biggest smartest hounds I ever knew. We had to give them away when they where two years old (both brothers), I was still in England and my brother didn't look after them while my parents worked full time. Here's a pic of ole Lenny and Larsson. I hope they're doing well.
    Morning all. Pass the kleenex, grem is not a well yoke, timing for a headcold..

Will a hot whiskey do instead?

Yeah, the second year one was the one that rankled most as we were punished for something that we were never involved in, while the year that did it was punished in no way. The other two were just rubbing salt, and then shards of glass, in the wound.

I know the feel about the school trips, Angron. I remember the year before me went to Paris, the year after went to Barcelona. My year went to Lisdoonvarna.

Angron wrote:
    Yeah, the second year one was the one that rankled most as we were punished for something that we were never involved in, while the year that did it was punished in no way. The other two were just rubbing salt, and then shards of glass, in the wound.
    Yeah that's really sh1tty. Something similar happened with our Debs. We wanted to have it in the Red Cow Hotel but the year before us had had their's there and apparently wrecked the place so they told us to take our business elsewhere..

• Advertisement

I forget the places we had ours (cause I repeated a year I ended up going to two). I think one was in Meath, but the other I couldn't tell you. Those things were just ridiculous for the amount of drama they caused though. One guy projectile vomited onto someone's date before we'd even gotten to the hotel, one of my best friends invited a girl he was kinda going out with, she ended up making out with two or three different lads at it. Someone threw a tantrum over there not being a vegetarian option (which was weird because neither they, nor their date, was even vegetarian). Lots of inane bickering too.

I didn't have a date for my second grad, so I just ended up inviting one of my guy friends that had a suit from the previous year's grad. Don't regret that, it was great fun.

Not for a few years. I had two big bounding Border Collie/Doberman crossbreeds, they were the biggest smartest hounds I ever knew. We had to give them away when they where two years old (both brothers), I was still in England and my brother didn't look after them while my parents worked full time. Here's a pic of ole Lenny and Larsson. I hope they're doing well.

Will a hot whiskey do instead?

ahh ok, cute picture :)

feel better soon grem *hug*

my school tours weren't too bad, we went on a farm, on a activity centre, I can't remember the rest. never went outside of Ireland though. My friend at the time went to a
    slaughter house
    as a school tour at a different school, I was hoping and praying we weren't going there!

Jeepers Angron, your school days weren't the nicest, were they? I brought one of my brother's friend's older brothers and had a great night until he vomited on my shoes on the way home. Nice, eh?

My brother was at 2, like yourself. One when he was in fifth year. He had done TY and the guys they started with wanted them all to have their debs together so they invited them. That one ended horribly though because one of their classmates took his own life when he arrived home and they all woke up to that news a few short hours later.

Edit: Apologies for bringing down the thread :o

F*ck, that's terrible PP.

Yeah, it was awful. He was just a kid really, only 17. :(

ahh ok, cute picture :)

feel better soon grem *hug*

my school tours weren't too bad, we went on a farm, on a activity centre, I can't remember the rest. never went outside of Ireland though. My friend at the time went to a
    slaughter house
    as a school tour at a different school, I was hoping and praying we weren't going there!

It's cute until you realise that half-eaten cinder block is in fact half-eaten:D

I wouldn't have minded going to a slaughterhouse. Most people are largely in the dark about where their food comes from, it'd be reassuring to know the details, if a tad gross. But that's food I guess! No pretty way to get it from a live cow to your stomach.

It's cute until you realise that half-eaten cinder block is in fact half-eaten:D

I wouldn't have minded going to a slaughterhouse. Most people are largely in the dark about where their food comes from, it'd be reassuring to know the details, if a tad gross. But that's food I guess! No pretty way to get it from a live cow to your stomach.

that's true :D not so cute then

I don't think I'd like it myself :o but it's good to know where your food comes from

Sorry to hear what happened pp:( that must have been rough

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I vaguely remember sitting in a bog in the Midlands trying not to let too much dust coat my sandwich for a school tour.. Sisters of no mercy perhaps? :pac:

I don't think I'd like it myself but it's good to know where your food comes from
    Don't think I would like that myself
    Sorry to hear what happened pp that must have been rough
    Yeah it was rough for them tbh. It's awful hearing about someone younger than you dying. :(

Anyhow.. Just having some dinner now. Anyone got plans for tonight?

Don't think I would like that myself

Yeah it was rough for them tbh. It's awful hearing about someone younger than you dying. :(

Anyhow.. Just having some dinner now. Anyone got plans for tonight?

yeah true:(

just got my own dinner, fed dogs and setted down for the night :)

Not much plans here, apart from watch 'casualty' and a bit of writing

• Advertisement

I'm off to work.. Have a little pity party for myself heha.. Tunes and tea.

hope work goes ok for ya grem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

Survived another hot hot day.. Seems it'll be this way till Tuesday when a cooler wave is coming with max 30 ��
    Can't wait

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Joya wrote: »
    Survived another hot hot day.. Seems it'll be this way till Tuesday when a cooler wave is coming with max 30 ��
    Can't wait

*melts away just thinking about it*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks! How goes it all?

Anyone else enjoying the Steam sale? :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Hey folks! How goes it all?

Anyone else enjoying the Steam sale? :D

Oh goodness yes! Me and PC gaming had a falling out a while back, but he's doing his best to win me back. Rebirth for less than a tenner? Ooh baby~

What have you picked up so far, LinksZDV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

*melts away just thinking about it*

Yes me my sis and bro were on my mom's grae this morning and it was 35 already.. In that section of graveyard the yes are new so we were fully on the sun at 11am for an hour...
    I had to wet my hair to cool the skull lol...

35 degrees!? Where are you, delightful Jason Momoa obsessed person? Come home to cloudy grey Ireland place in one piece, not like a Creme Egg left accidentally on a radiator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Oh goodness yes! Me and PC gaming had a falling out a while back, but he's doing his best to win me back. Rebirth for less than a tenner? Ooh baby~

What have you picked up so far, LinksZDV?

What's Rebirth?

Yeah, picked up a few bits and pieces. The haul so far is:

Valkyria Chronicles
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Valiant Hearts

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    What's Rebirth?

Yeah, picked up a few bits and pieces. The haul so far is:

Valkyria Chronicles
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Valiant Hearts

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

I played Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 a while back. Most definitely worth the asking price!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement