Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door To Door salesman called 4 weeks ago, still no word!

Options
  • 03-06-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

A door to door salesman with an electric Ireland badge and official application forms called to my door on 13th May. I have not heard anything since then. I phoned electric Ireland twice and was apathetically told that it takes a few weeks to process these applications. I am not impressed and would appreciate a more professional response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Drumpot,

Sorry to read you are not happy with your customer experience. We assure you that the information is correct that it can take a few weeks to process a switch.

We would be keen to check further into your query if you wish though - do please private message us confirming that you are to be the account-holder, your electricity meter point reference number (MPRN), your name and address in full, and telephone number.

Thank you so much for choosing Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5 haropojj

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hi,

A door to door salesman with an electric Ireland badge and official application forms called to my door on 13th May. I have not heard anything since then. I phoned electric Ireland twice and was apathetically told that it takes a few weeks to process these applications. I am not impressed and would appreciate a more professional response.
    Same here, 13/05 signed up at the door, but nothing by way of communication from Electric Ireland but have had a response from previous supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi haropoji,

Thanks for your post.
    haropoji wrote:
    13/05 signed up at the door, but nothing by way of communication from Electric Ireland

Just for info, switches can take up to 20 working days to fully complete, sometimes longer if an estimated rather than an actual reading was used to process it. If you send us your details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and and MPRN if you have it) we'll be happy to look into this for you and see if the switch in question has come through.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 5 haropojj

Hi haropoji,

Thanks for your post.
    Originally posted by haropoji
    13/05 signed up at the door, but nothing by way of communication from Electric Ireland

Just for info, switches can take up to 20 working days to fully complete, sometimes longer if an estimated rather than an actual reading was used to process it. If you send us your details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and and MPRN if you have it) we'll be happy to look into this for you and see if the switch in question has come through.

If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks David, I PM'ed you my details

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I recieved a call on Saturday asking for me to confirm the details I had supplied 4 weeks ago. It was from a home phone number but did sound like the electric Ireland salesman who knocked at my door.

He also asked to confirm my meter readings that I couldn't do at that time, much to his disappointment. He said he would phone me back in an hour and I haven't heard anything since.

It's hard not to feel like it's either a scam or a very poorly organised sales team. Can electric Ireland update me at least with the information I have provided? Tomorrow is the 20th working day since I signed up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Drumpot,

Thanks for your message.

As we can't discuss account particulars for the security of your account, can you please send us a private message so that we can check your account? What time on Saturday was the call and did you make a record of the phone number?

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement