Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eTalk and Broadband customer - phoneline active, no dialtone

Options
  • 03-06-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Hello eircom reps,

Yesterday I placed an order for eTalk and Broadband. Was pleasantly surprised to receive a text message informing me that my telephone number was active shortly afterwards. When I got home I tested the line with an old phone but got no dial tone, I was also not able to check the line by dialling 199000 yet I do hear a ring tone when I try the line from my mobile. Just wondering if there could possibly be a fault on the line? Or perhaps I'm expecting too much too soon and everything won't be up and running properly until the line is activated for BB?

Thanks,
    IW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Hello eircom reps,

Yesterday I placed an order for eTalk and Broadband. Was pleasantly surprised to receive a text message informing me that my telephone number was active shortly afterwards. When I got home I tested the line with an old phone but got no dial tone, I was also not able to check the line by dialling 199000 yet I do hear a ring tone when I try the line from my mobile. Just wondering if there could possibly be a fault on the line? Or perhaps I'm expecting too much too soon and everything won't be up and running properly until the line is activated for BB?

Thanks,
    IW
    Hi Irish Wolf

This sounds like what is regarded as a failed 'ee' (failed electronic enablement)

A 'failed EE' means that the line looked capable of reactivating remotely using eircoms systems but then turns out that damage has been done to the line basically requiring an engineer to complete the activation/installation at your premises (which is of no extra cost).

If you would like to PM me your order or account number I will check to see if this is indeed a failed electronic enablement.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Thanks Alan - PM sent.

Thanks Alan - PM sent.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks for your PM Irish Wolf

I can confirm that my suspicions are correct and an engineer will indeed be required to arrange the completion and installation of your line.

To save you from having to call technical support I have arranged the failed EE completion to be logged up. The reference number for this is

[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]EIR-FA-11575233

The sales representative would be unable to forecast this event as ultimately the line was in place but the damage is not identifiable until the attempt to remotely activate is made- I can also confirm that this is not a regular occurrence.

The advised timeframe for the engineer to complete the installation is up to 10 working days. I understand this would of course be met with disappointment and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Thanks

Al
    [/font]

Well that sucks... :(

What can I expect as a follow up to this - some communication from tech support, presume I'll need to be onsite to meet the engineer? Is there a way for me to track the progress of the reference number you've quoted?

Anything you can do to expedite the 10 working days would be appreciated... :)

Thanks for your help on this.

IW

Well that sucks... :(

What can I expect as a follow up to this - some communication from tech support, presume I'll need to be onsite to meet the engineer? Is there a way for me to track the progress of the reference number you've quoted?

Anything you can do to expedite the 10 working days would be appreciated... :)

Thanks for your help on this.

IW
    Sorry I can't offer you better news on this Irish Wolf

The technician will contact you at least two to three days in advance of calling out. There is no track and trace option for this order number I'm afraid.

I have already requested urgency on this however due to a busy schedule of works and pre-booked appointments it will be unlikely that the advisable 'up to 10 working day' period can be sped up - although I have done all I can to include your order as priority.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Alan,

Appreciate your help on this... hopefully everything will be sorted by the 17th. I'll let you know how things go.

IW

Thanks Alan,

Appreciate your help on this... hopefully everything will be sorted by the 17th. I'll let you know how things go.

IW
    You're most welcome IW

Cheers
    Al

Just to give an update on this... received a call on Thursday evening from KN Network and they had an engineer on site on Saturday. After a bit of a mystery as to why the line was dead, the engineer eventually got the line repaired. 

So now just waiting on the broadband to be switched on and the modem to arrive.

Great overall customer service so far - I hope it continues like this :)

IW.

Just to give an update on this... received a call on Thursday evening from KN Network and they had an engineer on site on Saturday. After a bit of a mystery as to why the line was dead, the engineer eventually got the line repaired. 

So now just waiting on the broadband to be switched on and the modem to arrive.

Great overall customer service so far - I hope it continues like this :)

IW.
    Thanks for updating the thread with your kind feedback IW

I see that the broadband has been enabled on your line and all that's required now is the modem to arrive. I have contacted our broadband support team and they have assured me that the modem will be with you within 48 hours.

Thanks
    Al

Modem arrived yesterday :)

Along with a water bill :(

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh? All seems to be working fine so far.

Thanks again for your support.

IW

• Advertisement

Modem arrived yesterday :)

Along with a water bill :(

Every silver lining has a cloud, eh? All seems to be working fine so far.

Thanks again for your support.

IW
    You're most welcome Irish Wolf

Al

Advertisement