Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council Rates

Options
  • 03-06-2015 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

I've searched online and read many documents, but for some reason there doesn't seem to be a comprehensive answer to my question (maybe thats because there is no definitive answer?)

I'm looking into the option of starting a small online business in my spare time. Will most likely register as a Ltd company.

As such, and as I have a job already, I will be running this business from home ie: a few nights a week I will do some website updates.

Does anyone know if I am supposed to pay commercial rates for working from home? Or am I supposed to go through a process of changing my house from residential to commercial for the 1 hour or so a night I will be working on my business?

Has anyone gone through this and investigated?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

For a small online operation, there should be no need for planning conversion or the payment of rates. If people are going to be occasionally visiting you at your home you will probably need Public Liability Insurance.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

For a small online operation, there should be no need for planning conversion or the payment of rates. If people are going to be occasionally visiting you at your home you will probably need Public Liability Insurance.

Good luck!

thanks for that. it's definately going to start out small. i'll be a company director i suppose but wont be an employee because i dont expect there to be any money in it for at least a year or more.

no public will be visiting.

thanks

Advertisement