Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC panel for Home automation

Options
  • 03-06-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Have any of you used the panel for security as well as home automation? Any interesting installs ?
    I use zone mapping on mine
    Smartlights.
    Smart doors.
    There's loads of options.
    HKC have ticked all the boxes.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds interesting.
    What protocol are you using, X10?
    How many calander can you assign?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Have any of you used the panel for security as well as home automation? Any interesting installs ?
    I use zone mapping on mine
    Smartlights.
    Smart doors.
    There's loads of options.
    HKC have ticked all the boxes.

I have just set up lights, heating controls.
    Most just want the system to trigger outside lights and that in an alarm condition.
    The calendar is on the list to be added so that will be a nice add on when ever it comes about.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds interesting.
    What protocol are you using, X10?
    How many calander can you assign?

422.92mhz radio.
    at the moment its a very basic simple calendar . e.g. light triggered by motion only activate at night. event timers are chosen MTWTFSS at certain times.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is it just weekly timers? Is there any options for different times for different weeks or exception days? This would be ideal if you wanted to add heating control etc.
    I have a fair bit of home automation set up on my system. It allows a calander with 4 on off for each day.,3 defined week types plus exception days and holidays. Any interesting thing I set up is to turn the heating off fully if the system is full set or turn off after a period of time if night set. It also switches the heating off if a number of windows or door are open longer that a defined period. The possibilities are endless once you get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

altor wrote: »
    I have just set up lights, heating controls.
    Most just want the system to trigger outside lights and that in an alarm condition.
    The calendar is on the list to be added so that will be a nice add on when ever it comes about.

You could trigger lights 30 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

You could trigger lights 30 years ago

And you can still today.

Advertisement