Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb version) with Free Typecover offer

• 03-06-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭

offer is on the Microsoft UK site, but afaik is also available in some shops like currys pcworld etc - UK only it looks like but parcel motel is possibly an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Well worth it. I have my Surface Pro 3 since last Nov. Great 2 in 1 device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Great devices, but when the heck did the price over here jump so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Bayberry

kayos wrote: »
    Great devices, but when the heck did the price over here jump so much?
    A 30% change in the USD-EUR exchange rate will do that :(

True exchange rates are bad but.... they were worse back in March. Which happened to be when I bought mine when in the US in one of the few sales tax free states :P. Suppose delayed reaction to the exchange rates in action.

Still a great device just surprised to have seen the prices jump that much.

Now when will we see the Surface Pro 4.... along side the Win 10 launch or just after?

Now when will we see the Surface Pro 4.... along side the Win 10 launch or just after?
    It looks like Intels CPU cycle is just a bit out of synch with Microsofts - it sounds like the next iteration of Intels CPUs, Skylake, isn't due for a little while yet, and releasing a new flagship device 3 months before their CPUs are outdated probably won't be Microsofts strategy.

I'd expect Surface 4 by the end of the year, with Skylake CPUs. I don't think they'll show up by the end of July, though given the importance of Thanksgiving in the US market, I actually mean November, possibly even October, rather than Christmas.

Microsoft is taking the other approach with Windows Phone - they have probably lost some market share by not have a real Flasgship phone available in the current cycle, but it would be silly to release the hardware when the software will be available Real Soon Now. By all accounts, a flagship phone with Continuum will excite a lot of interest.

• Advertisement

Bayberry wrote: »
    Microsoft is taking the other approach with Windows Phone - they have probably lost some market share by not have a real Flasgship phone available in the current cycle, but it would be silly to release the hardware when the software will be available Real Soon Now. By all accounts, a flagship phone with Continuum will excite a lot of interest.

Oh tell me about it, I've had the 925 since just after release. Its still a fine phone but I wouldn't say no to a new one. Sadly the lack of real upgrades has held me back. If there is no new flagship coming in 2015 I think they will lose what little share of the top end market they have.

Oh tell me about it, I've had the 925 since just after release. Its still a fine phone but I wouldn't say no to a new one. Sadly the lack of real upgrades has held me back. If there is no new flagship coming in 2015 I think they will lose what little share of the top end market they have.
    Personally, I don't think I'll ever actually use Continuum, and I'm happy to limp by with an 8MP camera that will produce photos that will never be looked at on anything higher resolution than 2MP 1920x1080 screen :rolleyes:, so I'm happy enough to go for a 640, though I think I'd like to actually see a 640 next to a 640XL before actually making my mind up :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

saw this advertised by PC world for their irish stores in one of the sunday papers but no mention of it on their website

Advertisement